Why did music have to become hipster dick-measuring? I thought it was supposed to be about togetherness

why did music have to become hipster dick-measuring? I thought it was supposed to be about togetherness.

Because Sup Forums hates fun

It was but there are still people who listen to metal and we can't consider them anything but subhuman.

>music is about togetherness
who told you that?

Music is about separation why do you think we have different genres, the artistry is suppose to represent some harmony but it doesnt

Why is it a controversial opinion to say that I don't think its ok to shit on people's taste
As long as it doesn't affect you it should be fine

It's been like that since the 80's.

In society member strive to be the top dog. Rich guys compete to be richer, people who listen to music and never have sex brag about knowing more obscure music and being virgins. It's just culture.

shit opinion mate

Being human is about togetherness. Music is just some whimsical garbage unless it contributes to that.

The pro of the hipster dick measuring contest is, if you want to buy into that bullshit, it'll force you to find new music.
The con of that, however, is that you'll probably wind up listening to a bunch of music on bandcamp/soundcloud that isn't even good or doesn't even matter because you won't be able to remember it.

Most music "nerds" are ugly, out of shape, manlets, etc, so they compensate in this way instead

People like finding other people with similar music taste. Because of this groups form around different genres.

Groups then might compete with each other or attempt to prove they are the best and anyone below them are normies.

Basically, people like to form cults around their favorite genres/bands and attack anyone who disagrees.

So... Literally like petty cliques?

God damn music "fans" are pathetic and spineless.

indie music destroyed itself. everything is fractured and crazy, anyone can shit out a soundcloud ambient album and the only ones that benefit from this are record labels and big corporations because more people pay attention to marketed pop instead. Prove me wrong.

I listen to obscure music and have plenty of sex. I pay for it but I'm pretty rich, so I'm the toppest top dog.

The death of music happened around the early 2000s. Afterwards, it seems no one is capable of sincerity. Also, I think a lot of people try to make overly complex music without even learning how to make a simple song that actually sounds good. Just my two cents...

This
Also this
Thats what patricianhood is.

Sup Forumscels

People who think they can compensate for their lack of charisma/accomplishments/looks by having superior music taste, basically. They shit up this board due to their own insecurities

>tfw small penis

Yep. I used to do that until I turned my life around. Losing weight and reading daily have turned me around and I wish more of mu could learn to be happy or at least content

I have all these things and superior taste in music. Now go fetch me my drink, bitch

Post haste!