I have a problem. instead of getting angry, i always laugh. every time someone tries to make fun of me...

i have a problem. instead of getting angry, i always laugh. every time someone tries to make fun of me, i react with humor.
i think i trained myself to do that during high school, being the guy who laughs about everything made me survive all the mobbing. pic fucking related.

i think taking nothing serious prevents me from building proper self-respect and self-esteem.
i see other people get angry when they are made fun of, and while i dont want to become that guy who beats others over a minor insult.. i am kinda jealous and wish i had the balls to sometimes atleast say "not cool bro" in a serious tone instead of laughing about every insult.

what the fuck do i do about it?
>dumping cleavage until someone has advice for me

Why? Being able to laugh at that shit is good, being offended by people saying things is just pussy.

I had the same problem. It makes you look beta as fuck, so just quit laughing every time someone says something

Start lifting high weight low reps

It will increase your test. You won't feel like you want to laugh anymore

Yes, its awesome to be able to restrain yourself. Yes, its even better to know how to react in a way that quickly deescalates the situation and makes everyones day better than if i got angry.

BUT: this user gets it. it makes others very easily spot that i am not laughing because i deliberately choose to not be offended by this insult. they see that i am laughing because i simply do not have any other options available. they immediately notice that im too fucking beta to stand up for myself now or in any similar situations.
also: women are turned off by this.

i was *way* more fit that i am right now before.. and i do not think it made any difference.
i mean yes, looking damn straight does boost my confidence, and that is *some* help with my problem, but apart from that.. i think that testosterone effect is either entirely bullshit or simply insignificantly small.

Bullies want you to get mad. They hate it when you don't take them seriously.
Next time you're around one of your bullies and some friends, repeat one of your bully's taunts to your friends as if it were an ironic joke on him. Sort of like how we here on Sup Forums make fun of the Sup Forums refugees who slither in from time to time. Trumpsters say the darndest things!

The kind of laughter you are describing is forced laughter. What is wanted in these situations is genuine laughter. People hate being left out of a good joke, especially when they suspect they might be the butt of it.

thanks user, i have already done this with varying success. i usually avoid to try taunting the bully tho.
i am basically
>letting them drag me to their level.. where they beat me with experience
(i have no idea who that quote is from, but its a good one)
yes! you found the words for it, forced and genuine is exactly the distinction that matters here.

you gotta be able to laugh off the small shit. there's a certain balance between being able to take a joke and letting people make jokes at your expense. So figure out where you're gonna draw the line, and when someone gives you shit that you consider to be past that line you gotta be able to tell them that shits not cool without appearing angry or defensive

I hear you, but you need to understand that what you said is a complete disregard for what science has taught us. Testosterone does make humans more aggressive. That is a demonstratable replicable fact. When you were in high school your testosterone levels are not nearly as high as when you are in your twenties. Further in a highly punescent state your body chemistry is all over the place. Plus more fit is a relative term. If you still had a high body fat index, despite it being lower than it is now, you will still have reduced levels.
You can try whatever dumbass low effort ideas people come up with on here, but what I am offering you is science.

Take it or leave it, I have done my part

>*way*
>*some*
You even type like a faggot, the issue runs deeper than you thought.

Why not beating your bullies? A bit of blood was enough for me. They started calling me violent and shit, but no one annoyed me anymore.

idk know man. your argument sounds convincing with reference to scientific background and all.
but if i already figured out that my behavior is not based in my current body chemistry.. but a learned/acquired trait.. i dont think i can fix it via just body chemistry alone.

touché.
>my mothers tongue makes it easy to emphasize words to change a sentences meaning. that does not translate 1-to-1 to English.

oh i did that in some instances. and yes, it absolutely worked. but i am not in school/uni any more. if i go around and beat up people in social situations, i dont get invited any more.

where do you draw the line? jokes about your hair? jokes about your penis? jokes about your mother? jokes about recently passed relatives?

If you are going to try your method, you need to come up with your own insults to fight back with. Become a smart ass like me, you eventually expose the bullies for what they are, miserable lonely people who keep their friends by being top dog, but if someone gives them the smartass slap down, they will see the bullies for what they truly are

>become a smart ass
that suddenly does sound like a very good plan

smartass is always the way to go. Alot of women like a guy who can not only whip out their dick, but also a good one liner that makes a bully flinch.. Like say something like this "You know i thought about lubing up my dick and sticking it in a lightsocket, but you beat me to it"

Hypertrophy is better for test. High weight low reps is more CNS adaption.

but you must stay straight faced, the good smartass can put a look on his face that make those staring at him/her think he/she is dead serious

Nothing wrong with laughing, just learn to start talking back. Anytime anyone made smart remarks to me in highschool about my mother or something, I would just add onto it. The look on their faces when they try and can't hurt you. Shit is only harmful to you if you let it be.

Impressive bait

>>my mothers tongue makes it easy to emphasize words to change a sentences meaning. that does not translate 1-to-1 to English.
Only fucking with ya anyway mate.

Personally I also laugh at people but like another user said, I actually am laughing at them rather than forcing it. In fact it makes me very happy knowing it annoys the fuck out of them that their bullshit doesn't annoy me. For some context, I work a job where I get frequent verbal abuse and occasionally physical abuse to boot.

well shit i think i gotta go. but big thanks for all your input folks.
i think i am on my way toward recovery now. i got plenty of bullies to try your ideas on.

>"You know i thought about lubing up my dick and sticking it in a lightsocket, but you beat me to it"
i lol'd because around here, thats not a simple gay joke, thats simply gay.

>the good smartass can put a look on his face that make those staring at him/her think he/she is dead serious
easy. i am already dead inside

>Shit is only harmful to you if you let it be.
sticks and stones, bruh

>I actually am laughing at them rather than forcing it.
my goal now

40-Fag here. I just came to look at the norks... However OP if I could go back in time to meet my late teens saelf wharf would I say?

"Stop being so earnest & learn to laugh at yourself you maudlin faggot."

"Oh that that trophy bitch isn't worth the misery. Finally fuck the military / LEO career - study harder and become a veterinarian."

Great norks too...

my dog and my mother are my lines. Full nigger at first mention. Ya gotta have a line.

you are already learning with the I am already dead inside comment.. i think you'll do good

>Full nigger at first mention.
kek

I thought your mom and dog were the same thing? They certainly look alike.

Bitches huh

Well I have had my dick in both, and let me just say that they sound the same too when you put your entire fist in their ass

you just made the list buddy. will shortly be up in yo ass.

Promises, promises

after you done, can you say "We still have 10 minutes left?"

Yo ass my nigga ! I'm fixin to get up in you ass. Think about my nigga .

so gay

hope this helps

i understood what you said Mr. Nigger moment, was asking if after you done, can you say "We still have 10 minutes left" like the good tranny you are?

Sticks and stones my nigga . Yo words can not harm this righteous black man

apparently they did since you put me on your list.. Did the big bad user make you cry when he talked smack about your doggy and your mommy looking the same? Heres a tissue for your issue, now nut up

but i do know something that can truly harm you. *pulls out a job application* read nigga

I get a lot of respect from my peers by not being phased by stuff like that.

Meet at Grants Tomb at midnight tonight my nigga . Well be seein who the bitch be.

Grants tomb, that still in the basement of the Alamo with Pee Wee's bike?

you sound like a total fucking neckbeard faggot. do you have a high iq as well? fuck you

Op was actually a pretty cool guy, he knew he was flawed and hopefully the actual advice we gave him works in his favor.. by the way, your insults are weak. Your momma should be ashamed of you if she hasnt already faked her own death to escape

Don't bitch out. Be there

i live no where near Grants tomb, not even in the same state.. i see i did rustle your jimmies. you need to grow a thicker skin man. if you let others exploit your weakness, especially some random smartass on the internet, you are doomed

cool guy? fuck you

aye he was actually. you probably just read Op's first message, then did nothing but reply, without reading anything else

I 'll be there just the same . Midnight, and for once not CPT. 12:01 you is a bitch my nigga

fuck you and fuck op

midnight? That the time you take your mommy for her nightly pee walk to the hydrant? :P

you have a mastery of the English language, you should go on tour to show off your impressive skill

I'll be there and after I've finished beating your ass I'm going to fuck it. .

fuck off

tell me about your english mastery

fuckoff

fucking neckbeard

i obviously know more about the english language than you do. since your skills are fuck you

ooooooo

You're not laughing. That's how you're weak mind perceives it.
What you're really doing is bearing you're teeth in a show submission. Were animals ya know.

I was in the same boat. I used to two pronged approach to deal with it.
1) Laugh, and then insult back in a joking voice. If the other guy take it seriously, he looks like a jerk. Or he can laugh as well. Either way you're elevated.
2) Work on your self-esteem in the other direction. Work out, get in shape. Perhaps take some self-defense classes. If you feel better about yourself, it's harder for others to say anything.

Don't lose the ability to laugh at yourself, or at life. It's a wonderful trick when used correctly. Now working in an office, it glosses over all minor mistakes and makes me more approachable.

lmao english skills. confirmed 11/10 neckbeard

dude solid comeback show this guy who's boss but dont get your fedora dirty

>halp, im a social retard
>here, use this two pronged approach
only on Sup Forums

you are a pathetic joke. faggot. you have done nothing.

you're just pissed because you are also a social retard

fuck you

*yawn*

sick trips

wasn't me who got the trips, was Mr. Knows no English outside of the words fuck you. probably the only thing of note he has ever accomplished in his life

fuck you

I went through the same thing. The problem comes from a lack of self worth and physical property. I moved out on my own, started with absolutely nothing, worked a shit job for 2 years then started moving up. 5 years later I have a nice car, a house and a good paying job. I had a to earn my self esteem through hard work, so now I can handle any situation without being the butt of anyone's joke. I don't know how else to better describe it, but handling yourself and not letting people walk over you comes from experience of being in shit situations and coming out the other side all on your own. If you can deal with that, you can deal with this kind of thing.

In short, you need more life experience friendo. Join the marines and you'll see what I mean.

Sound a little gay . Lucky for you my mother just got home . Good Night My Nigger

>i have a problem. instead of getting angry, i always laugh.

Become a real supervillan and kill a lot of people.

You'd make for an interesting character when angry at your subordinates/henchmen/employees and your enemies.