Brockhampton

What does Sup Forums think about Brockhampton? Do you think the rap game is ready for someone like Kevin Abstract to openly flaunt his homosexuality?

The new Odd Future

It's not about the game being "ready" or not, why is nobody getting this? It's that nobody fucks with it. Do it all you like, there's no fucking way any of my friends or even myself will bump a song where a bar goes "I just gave my nigga head"

No matter how good the song is, fuck outta here. It's that simple. I'm not homophobic, I just don't wanna hear that shit at all and neither does literally everyone I know irl who knows them.

Inb4 triggered kids with no social life reply, don't bother.

this
how im suppose to get pumped for the gym or get in the mood to go game some ladies. while some nigga talking about giving head
same reason why i don't bump nikki minaj or lauryn hill

exactly

HEATH LEDGER WITH SOME DREADS
I JUST GAVE MY NIGGA HEAD

>I'm not homophobic
ok pal

Fuck off you fairy

BUMP BUMP IN MY TRUNK
>AY YO FUCK ME IN THE ASS
BUMP BUMP IN MY TRUNK
>SERIOUSLY IM A FAG PLEASE FUCK MY ASSHOLE

I still like him though.

I think it was like a 7/10 when I listened to to but I have not revisited it since my first two listens.

Also I give zero shits that he's gay and talks about sucking dick. Good for him

That's what I was thinking

cakes da killa part two: 15 minutes of fame boogaloo

nah brockhampton is more accessible to alt-normies.
cakes and mykki blanco are too weird for the p4k scene.

i thought it did nothing new and was really overrated

i think their great, but that being said i'm like their exact target audience, so idk

i will say that their definitely very talented though and if they split i think, kevin, matt, ameer and maybe merlyn will have good solo careers

It is, but apparently it's okay if you're gay and make hip-hop.

>i think their great, but that being said i'm like their exact target audience
which is?

like 20 year old college kids who were massive OF fans a few years ago and still listens to a lot of tyler, frank & earl

You could make the argument that this could help get women more into the rap genre with Kevin sexualizing men in the same way that men sexualize women in rap, which would help with the issue of African American artists not gettng as many awards, since most award shows for music are based on whatever appeals to white women the most.

The music is very bland and forgettabble. The whole "boy band" thing makes me cringe.
Diet odd future, 10000 diffrent guys no one cares about. maybe like one talented guy.
I mean i dont even like rock bands that got more than 5 members.
You have to do it like rock did, its supposed to be "this guy is talented also he is gay", not "this guy is gay, also (who am i kidding rap fucking sucks, more like Crap)

>why you always rap about being gay
>cause not enough niggas rappin be gay

>Do you think the rap game is ready for someone like Kevin Abstract to openly flaunt his homosexuality?
Frank ocean did it in 2012-2013 so it's not treading new ground

Pretty mediocre stuff. Despite being a pop-rap album, I don't remember the hooks being particularly good, nor were they memorable, evidently. I disagreed with many of the production decisions (pitched-up vocals, abuse of autotuning, etc.), which I feel only made the experience more grating. I feel like it could have been at least decent if the people who made it had any idea what they were doing. As for Kevin Abstract flaunting around his homosexuality, I personally disagree with flaunting around any type of sexuality, hetero or homo. I think it's a shallow, obnoxious, and vile way to lead your life, and as such I generally find less enjoyment out of music centered around it. Unfortunately, the music doesn't make up for the one-dimensional lyricism in this case.

>not wanting to listen to a song where he says he wants to suck a man's dick makes you homophobic
Brockhampton suck anyway but he's not homophobic

They're blowing up for making unique music and there's nothing you angry cunts can do about it

Name something thats unique about Brockhampton

production

he right

>it's that nobody fucks with it
That's just not true
>I'm not homophobic
Hahahaha ok
Also your last sentence is pretty cringey lol

Man you sounds super bitter. So you don't listen to any lyrics with sexual content because they're flaunting their heterosexuality? Gtfo

Homosexuals have always been like that, they talk about their shit like its normal.

I hope not Odd Future was an interesting group, these cunts suck and there's like 20 members.

All these mad homophobes are the exact reason Kevin flaunts it. It's hilarious you guys are trying to find a problem with it.

Pretty sure there were way more OF members, but defining who is a member and who isn't is tough I guess

Their production is completely derivative and half assed

>I personally disagree with flaunting around any type of sexuality, hetero or homo. I think it's a shallow, obnoxious, and vile way to lead your life
T. Virgin

>derivative
please tell me what song the beat for Gummy ripped off

>half assed
So you listened to one song one time and made your opinion based off that is what I'm getting

i like them

I love them. I listen to S1 and S2 almost everyday and I can't decide which one I like better. Very refreshing and both album have great fucking production (which is the best part of them).

I can't stand retards that overreact about Kevin. He said he was gay in like 2 songs. They have 3 projects and some non-albums singles.

Why people hate artists that get famous fast?

Brockhampton is ok tho. At least they are better and not edgy like Odd Future.

I'm fine with sexual content if it's not super blunt "yuh fuck bitches" stuff. That shit gets old fast. If the music is good, I can ignore superficial lyrics, but Brockhampton doesn't do much for me musically, so there's not much worth caring for besides those lyrics. This is gonna make me sound 2deep4u, but I think lyrics are best when they have meaning, when they actually say something. Abstract raps about fucking people, with no depth, no purpose. Not like there's supposed to be, though. It's just party music, no need to say anything meaningful. I suppose that's not necessarily a bad thing, but it sure isn't helping with the (false) stereotype of all gays' lives revolving around their sexuality.

>tfw to intelligent for sex in music
how can one person be so pretentious?

Frank Ocean wannabes is all I hear when I listen to these fags. All their projects sound like they were made in FL Studio in a weekend.

Who cares. Whether it's a guy rapping about loving girls or guys, they're just filler lyrics 99% of the time. If you weren't homophobic(like me), you would just appreciate thoughtful lyrics and glance over lame ass sex lyrics regardless of orientation.

Waste and Summer are the only Ocean-esque tracks, but thank you for confirming you haven't listened to them because you clearly have no clue what you're talking about
like how the hell do you listen to something like Junky and get Frank Ocean out of it

Gummy is a poor man's MIA and that isn't saying much. I listened to both projects once. Very repetitive, shallow and forgettable.

I dunno man I just don't like em
I guess so. Shitty lyrics are shitty lyrics. As for that last part, I'm not complaining about the lyrics because they're about gay sex, I'm only complaining because they're generally pretty shallow. The bland instrumentals make the poor lyricism kind of unavoidable.

Injury Reserve for high schoolers

so injury reserve?
no one in brockhampton is as bad at rapping as that fat dude in IR