BLOODBATH AT ESPN STARTING THIS WEEK

>turn from a sports network to a liberalism network
>everyone stops watching

lmao

Who do you guys think is gonna get fired?

All of the white men

That Indian fucker needs to go

hopefully bomani "massive racist" jones

this

My dad used to work for ESPN.
I'm guessing he's even happier he left now than when he first left in 2003

Cable is losing subscribers, not specifically ESPN. Why is this so hard to understand?

>will cut all white men and people slightly right leaning politically
>will promote brain dead naggers and sjw's
>people will keep screaming in thier face that they just want to watch sports and not politics
>they wont change anything

It's not just that cable is losing subscribers, it's that ESPN's entire business model is based on cable subscriber fees. And with a super liberal agenda being pushed on the network, they're losing viewers and ad revenue.

No other network is as reliant on people subscribing to cable and watching their stations as ESPN.

maybe if they had coverage of actual leagues then maybe. I mean they are a """""sports""""" network right?

They totally killed the Sportscenter brand. It used to be on every morning when I was getting ready and I'd turn it on when I got home and was getting something to eat. It was a staple in my life since I was a little kid.

I honestly can't remember the last time I watched Sportscenter. It's been at least 2 years.

>get increasingly left leaning
>doesn't cover the only sport with a white majority

And I cancelled my cable because of ESPN's leftist nonsense. Why is that so hard to understand?

>turn from a sports network to a liberalism network
Can anyone explain this one to me? I have no idea what's going on at ESPN

That's the main reason.

But it's also true that they are alienating viewers needlessly during a time when they need all the ratings they can get.

goodbye, gruden

The quality has deteriorated sure, but honestly Sportscenter is pretty fundamentally outdated

Haha, no. Just show the Fucking highlights of the games. We don't need a bunch of idiots discussing meaningless shit.

>yfw they fire Hubie

They were bought by the disney jews, everything disney buys turns into hardcore sjw propaganda, marvel comics, star wars, etc.

It failed with ESPN because people watch sports to get away from politics

>They could cut 70 people

this is going to be fun

What do you have now?

Clay Travis (who writes about this alot) speculated that it's because Disney's CEO wants to run against Trump in 2020, and having a SJW ESPN is a way to beef up his street cred with Democrat voters.

A little, but there's still a place for a highlight show. If they just ran through highlights of all the action like they used to, I'd be watching.

Now it's the six with jemele hill and that other dude making pop culture references and interviewing rappers. Gay as fuck.

My barber used to always have ESPN on...now it's mostly the golf channel.

They show a lot of politically fueled content and discussion tangentially related to sports, but people don't turn on sports networks to see and hear those things, they tune in to relax after work and get caught up on the games of the previous day

>show the Fucking highlights of the games

But you can get highlights of any game instantly online. Why sit through commercials and an hour-long TV show?

That's why Sportscenter is outdated. Honestly, anything but live sports are outdated as well.

Cable has been dying that why they tried to become something different with more web appeal and such

>We don't need a bunch of idiots discussing meaningless shit.

I don't disagree, but isn't filling airtime with this much cheaper? Showing nothing but highlights doesn't work because people can just use a computer now and not sit through the shit they don't care about.

God I would laugh so fucking hard if they fired that faggot Bomani Jones. They never will tho.

>literately ruining all your properties just so you can get owned by mark zuckerberg in the 2020 democratic primaries

Actually very possible.

There's two sports with a white majority. Hockey and baseball. ESPN doesn't cover either

>since I was a little kid

thats the thing. What was that, 10-15 years ago?

I literally wake up sometimes, shut off my alarm, and right to espn.com as my eyes are still adjusting to see who won the late playoff game or whatever. Yeah as a kid, i remember waiting on ESPN, waiting for it to reach MLB on the bottomline, then waiting for it to show my team. if i was lucky i could see the highlights as well if they showcased it as i watched. They can't compete with the instant results we can find ourselves.

according to he jews that run the mead 80% of america is black and transsexual*

*please ignore all those white people that dont live in new york or california

The real question is: Will FS1 pick up the laid off?

I think they're starting to crack. I turned on SC last night and there was some hipster band playing a song in their studio.

FS1 blows too. It's just ESPN lite at this point, minus any real highlight shows.

>"welcome to sportscenter
>we had a player throw a no hitter
>a historic comeback in the NHL playoffs
>and the NBA MVP was announced
>but we begin with Mel Kiper's mock draft 5.0 and how close Colin Kaepernick is close to signing"

was it a band primarily made of white males?! boycott ESPN now!

It's not really. It's shifted to just being more black and urban culture focused, which I guess equals liberalism.

>espoused views that are different than the views of 90% of their viewership
>heavily overspend on broadcasting rights for third rate leagues and """"""""""""sports""""""""""""""""
>bases their whole business model on the relic know as "cable tv"

The best part about this is watching when Mike and Meshugganah are fired.

Barry Melrose is the only safe white guy right? Since he's their only hockey correspondent.

lol no. The thing people are seeming to ignore here is that every cable channel is feeling this same amount of heat. ESPN's fall only happens to look huge because of how big a share of the market they had. ESPN is reacting the cable cutting first, but they won't be the only company to find trouble in the next few years. The dinosaurs of TV are toast.

The problem is they overdosed it to the point of annoyance.

There's been an 'urban' presence just naturally in mainstream Sports for decades, but they went full BET.

And even blacks don't like Jamele Hill and Smith

What's also hurt Sportscenter is the "NFL Live" type shows that herd all single-sport fans to those programs. If I only care about football, why would I waste my time sitting through NBA stuff on SC?

customer: "Put on sports"

ESPN:" leftist politics and hip hop it is"

If you watch espn you are part of the problem not the solution

>tfw you watch "NFL Live" in June

This was foretold on the day they canceled Stump the Schwab. It was confirmed when they fired Schwab 7 years later.

Who will be the biggest bane they fire?

Was Stump the Schwab the GOAT trivia show?

I binged watched on espn classic constantly

Is it really that bad down there lads? Canada is pretty Liberal but TSN seems to stay away from politics. We have quite a few Pajeet on our sports networks but other than that the focus in pretty much all on sports

This. Sports are pretty much the only thing I watch on TV anymore, and that's only because online streaming for sports is either too expensive (if you decide to pay the league for it) or too unreliable and risky (if you try your luck with third-party sites).

I loved that the NFL streamed some of their TNF games on Twitter last year, but now you have to have an Amazon Prime subscription for this year.

It's really bad. ESPN made the decision to pander to SJWs and feminists, neither of whom watch sports. EVERY program pushes the same liberal agenda. The only tolerable thing to watch there is a live sporting event.

>quite a few Pajeet
that's worse than us
at least our minorities play(ed) the sports they talk about

Thank god for based TSN

The main reason for this has nothing to do with political leanings, and everything to do with people simply not subscribing to cable TV services anymore. ESPN just happened to be the channel that got the most money per subscription from cable service companies. Now they will suffer the most and will need to lower overhead costs. Easiest way to do this is to fire expensive "talent".

you tell me m8
this is their twitter homepage

Those two are the biggest problem

Their shit is awful

>company starts forcing sjw madness down audience throats
>ratings, subscriptions, and money plummet
>IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LEFTISM REEEEEEEEE

Happens every time.

>turn on sportcenter after a day at work to get a quick rundown on what happened in the afternoon for sports
>its these two talking to some black rapper about black privilege

Hmm

I've posted before about how euro ESPN is a good sports channel.

They show PTI and Around the Horn. Everything else is live sports, highlights or 30 for 30. Somehow ESPN still hasn't worked out that this is a winning formula.

This

Sjw were a mistake

Haven't watched espn in like 3 years

Subscriptions to cable would have been plummeting regardless of whether or not ESPN started pushing leftist propaganda.

>Bloodbath
>"""could""" cut

FAKE NEWS if anything some beat reporters no one cares about will be layed off but everyone in here expecting a salting of the earth will be disappointed.

While I think the sjw shit might be part of this, I really don't think this is the main reason for why ESPN is cutting people now. I mean fox sports isn't overly liberal and they stick to sports yet their numbers are worse than ESPN. Shows like speak for yourself and undisputed barely bring in viewers

We're not asking you to go full MAGA and turn rightwing, we're asking you to shut the fuck up and talk about sports.

Is it that hard jews.

I mean, come on

it's only really sportscenter that people are mad about. as kids we all grew up watching it over breakfast or when we got home, before every highlight was immediately uploaded on the internet and I can see it on my phone literally seconds after something happens. peopled continued to watch it despite the internet because hearing some guy yelling meme shit over them is more fun and it's just relaxing to sit and see it all aggregated.

ESPN conflated cable cutting and falling ratings with their programming being "out-of-touch" so they started talking about social media and other crap to appeal to a younger demographic. then disney bought them and they went full retard with literal #blacklivesmatter coverage and they shoved all these young black literal who's into the spotlight, over the goofy white guys who built their following in the first place.

They dont show midday sports. From 1am-7pm, it is very rare to find sports on ESPN. You get those very rare divegrass international games at like 3pm-ish. the rare wednesday mlb games at 1pm. that might be it.

the jews have an agenda to push, even if they lose money.
People in middle america living paycheck to paycheck, working 3 part time jobs just to live in a one room apartment dont want to be lectured to by some self hating lib faggot or nigger about being privileged.

These people live in a bubble.

Reportedly 40-70 people from on screen talent.
Thats pretty huge.

no it's all the sjw's fault

Same to all of this, except it's been far more than 2 years since I last watched sportscenter. Closer to 5 or 6. I don't think there's anything they could do to win me back, but what do they care? I'm not their target audience, I'm a mid 30's white male. (Cisgendered Shitlord)

This is the way it ought to be. PTI and Around the Horn are the only good shows left on ESPN.

its not, but its also essentially inconsequential. ESPN hasn't performed worse than its peers. You guys attributing it primarily to alleged liberalism are a great example of confirmation bias

I just unironically went on reddit espn to see what they have

who exactly likes this channel

TVs in bars, diners and restaurants across America.

What if I don't watch ESPN but I still pay for it as part of a cable package? I only sometimes watch foreign sports on the ESPN3 app.

Believe it or not , people want to see sports news and highlights on a sports network. That's like saying that the evening news format is outdated.

Even worse, now Sportscenter has the same format as the 2 shows that come on before it, the '2 to 4 people give hot takes on the 5 biggest stories of the day' format. They are cannibalizing their own ratings for that block. Nobody is going to watch 2 hours of forced studio banter, so they're going to pick either the first hour, or SC6 if they want less sports coverage and decent banter, and more discussion about things posted on Twitter and Instagram.

>PS I love Jemele.

Ironically, ESPN is one of the biggest reasons for cord cutting. Young people realized they were paying 5 dollars a month on their cable bill just for ESPN, with no way to cancel it. ESPN used the jew magic to embed themselves on every basic cable package. It made everyone rethink the concept of paying 60 dollars a month for 100 channels when the average person only watches 5 channels consistently.

In response, ESPN is trying to mass appeal to a group that's most likely to not even own a television.

>tfw based ESPN Deportes doesn't have any SJW bullshit
Lmao, amerilards are cucked

It's actually around 7 per month, for every cable/sat subscriber.

next most expensive channel is TBS at around 2 dollars.

We first cut cable back in 2005 for the fact that other than sports and around 5 other channels we never really watched much tv. When i was in college I would just leave Espn or Cartoon network running in the background cause nothing else was worth watching. We just got a Directv Att cable package with 200 or so channels, and surprise, we only watch sports and 5-8 other channels.

You do know that when ESPN loses a subscriber, so does every other cable network, right?

isn't the very existence of espn deportes "SJW bullshit" according to you people?

dude lets change the programing to hip hop and negro memes lmao
dude who cares that the majority viewership is white males lmao
watch THE 6IX or youre a racist lmao

It actually has performed much worse than other network cable channels

all of cable is cucked
only trust anime

>AM radio in my area has 3 stations just for ESPN radio
>1 station for FOX Sports radio
>6 months ago, the FOX station switches to ESPN Deportes
>have to listen to LeBatard rant about how everyone who doesn't like him should switch stations every time someone tells him he's race baiting.

That fat-faced fuck probably knows I can't. That's how he keeps getting away with this.

This

Hell I'm left leaning and all I want from ESPN is sports shit. Literally no one asked them to do this.

>their first night on sportscenter is the night after the Superbowl
>the literally said the falcons we're trying to win the Superbowl "for tha culture"

I'm not going to dispute the validity of this because idk, but if that's true Walt Disney is rolling in his grave because he was as anti semitic as you could possibly be, even for his time

>My dad used to work for ESPN.
My dad used to work for Nintendo and I'm guessing he's even happier he left and started working for Blizzard now than when he first left in 2008.

You do know that all networks aren't reliant on subscriber fees like ESPN is, right?

they used to cover hockey
>National Hockey Night will never return

>tfw our ESPN is good
I feel bad for you burgers

>too unreliable and risky (if you try your luck with third-party sites).
Holy shit, when the fuck will you redditors leave? how can you be this bad with a computer?

Fucking morons. I wouldn't want to see two black people yelling at each other for 30 minutes either. I haven't watched E!SPN since they rammed Tebow down my throat. I care about the sports not about religion or sob stories or black culture. Hope your network burns to the ground you useless shits.