Was or is there a more talent band than The Beatles?

Was or is there a more talent band than The Beatles?
Honest answers please.

Maybe. Probably not. But maybe.

*blocks your path*

No.

>Strawberry Fields Forever
>Tomorrow Never Knows
>Here, There And Everywhere
>A Day In The Life
>She Said She Said
>Norwegian Wood
>Happiness Is A Warm Gun
>Yesterday
>Helter Skelter

Even writing just one or two of those sings would cement your place in music history. Imagine writing all of them and many more of similar creativity and innovation. In a purely songwriting sense, they have no peers.

The Beach Boys, before McCartney stole Wilson's ideas and made Sgt Pepper.

>Strawberry Fields Forever
>Tomorrow Never Knows
>A Day In The Life

FIFY
I also know a little thing called music theory.....

George was the most talented Beatle.

The Kinks
Queen - each member of the band had written a #1 single.
Motörhead

Have to agree with that. Even in the Travelling Wilburies he was the one behind most of their hits.

but wilson stole mccartney's ideas for pet sounds

Most of these aren't that impressive from a songwriting standpoint and you didn't even mention Penny Lane.

Talent hits the mark no one else can
Genius hits the mark no one else can see

Pet Sounds isn't better than Rubber Soul, nevermind pretty much any album following it.

I mean, I'm all for music theory, but The Beatles even at their most basic were breaking away from obvious harmony. For example, She Loves You's chord progression is I - vi - iv - V. You wouldn't really see that sort of chord progression in pretty much every pop song, but it was in one of the biggest hits of the early 60s. And that's just their early part, they keep developing further and further as musicians and bringing in more and more stuff to further out their musical palette, from drones to controlled noise and tape manipulation.

No.

Also, they're still in their 20s here. Why do they look in such awful shape?

> George was the most talented Beatle.

This is the worst contrarian opinion ever. George had some of the worst songs in the Beatles.

> Blue Jay Way
> Piggies
> For You Blue
> Savoy Truffle

At least Ringos songs were fun. He only had two good solo albums after that.

Paul > John > George > Ringo

Blue Jay Way is good. For You Blue is fun, like a Ringo song. You forgot to mention how he also wrote Taxman, Something, Gently Weeps, If I Needed Someone, Here Comes The Sun, Live You To, Within You Without You, etc

>Taxman, Something, Gently Weeps, If I Needed Someone, Here Comes The Sun, Live You To, Within You Without You, etc

Thats well and good but dont go saying that those songs measure up to the great Paul/John tunes. He wasnt even the best guitarist in the Beatles.

People chose George as their best Beatles either because they want to avoid the two leads argument or because they want to feel special.

>Worst
>Savoy Truffle

I agree on that, to be honest. I love George and his role in the band was crucial; they wouldn't have gone psychedelic without him. But it's undeniable that his greatest songs come nowhere near the level of Lennon/McCartney's best offerings.

>pet sounds isn't better than rubber soul
imagine being this plebian, holy fuck.
no beatles song on that album comes close to the highs of pet sounds.
even sgt pepper and revolver don't.
stop listening to music at any time.

Norwegian Wood and In My Life blow every Pet Sounds song out of the water, and I fucking love Pet Sounds. Brian would have been proud to have written either.

Don't get me wrong, Pet Sounds is a fantastic album, but if there ever was an album who crossed the line of "too much stuff going on at once", it's it. It's grand, lush, excessive - to a fault, even. The songs are fantastic but they also feel excessively thick and almost overloaded.

This is really just my personal opinion, so do with that what you will.

I don't think any pop composer can come close to the kinds of compositions Brian was pulling off on that album. Big fan of orchestrally lush, dense music so I'm probably pretty biased tho

>worst
>Blue Jay Way
>Savoy Truffle

opinion disregarded

>liking Blue Jay Way

whats it like to have bad taste?

Radiohead members are more talented

ppppppppppplllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeee doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnttttttt bbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee loooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg pllllllllleeeeeeeeeeassssseee doooooooooooonnnnttttt youuuuuuuuu beeeee veryyyyyyy lonnngggggggg
whats not to love in that?

Yeah, I do find that musically Brian is on a completely separate level from nearly all musicians, but comparatively The Beatles felt like they were bringing pop sensibilities to innovation in other genres rather than the opposite, which is the feeling I get from Brian.

This doesn't warrant its own thread so I'll just ask it here - I was listening to the White Album the other day and I heard "Yer Blues" for the first time in years. I was surprised that it was a full 4 minute song and figured I was listening to the anthology version or something. I looked it up and it turns out "Yer Blues" has always been a full track. But when I was younger and obsessed with The Beatles, the version I had cut off after about a minute. I always figured it was just another weird song off the White Album.

Did anybody else have that version of the album? I feel like I probably torrented it in 2009 or so. I've never heard the full version until now.

Probably not, but I rank The Beach Boys, The Kinks, Pink Floyd and Bob Dylan at their peaks up there with them.

Pet Sounds and The SMiLE Sessions in Stereo are godlike

the mothers of invention

Its great to have Bob Dylan write some of your best songs.

double shit shitpost they wrote pop songs ffs th fuck outta here

imagine being this pleb

>Paul > John > George > Ringo
>Paul
Paul wrote some shitty songs too:
>Maxwell's Silver Hammer
>When I'm Sixty-Four
>Why Don't We Do It in the Road?
>Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
>Honey Pie
I think he's got more shitty songs than John. Although granted, Paul as a solo artist is (was?) way better than John. George was the best of them all, however, so fuck your opinion.

Holy shit unironically stop listening to music.

Allman Brothers Band had the most raw talent of any rock band ever. No member was average or below at their instruments and they were writing profoundly excellent songs like Whippin' Post and Ramblin' Man basically one step removed from being high school age.

>Maxwell's Silver Hammer
>When I'm Sixty Four
>any of the songs you named
>bad

what

inb4 Scaruffi?

inb4 Scaruffi

Depends on what one means by "Talent".
After all, what is one individual's definition of "Talent"?

All I can say is that The Beatles wrote songs that are unique and original, even when they were plagiarizing other groups like The Beach Boys, they had a sound all their own.

They will never be surpassed or superceded.

George's best songs came about when he was developing as a songwriter but still had Lennon/McCartney there to help. Thats why Al Things Must Pass was his best album, because most of those songs were written towards the end of The Beatles time together.