youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WNZxoTnAA
youtube.com/watch?v=BzDG3uer1SA
youtube.com/watch?v=9p__WmyAE3g
youtube.com/watch?v=4IP-2Ck-wak
youtube.com/watch?v=odGL89Vib50
youtube.com/watch?v=J-jTLgpY7Fw
youtube.com/watch?v=H4or6dV-Cls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

he was absurdly important to the development of new wave but because he never put out a post punk classic you'll never see Sup Forums talk about him

his music wasn't that good. he was big in the 80s but it didn't stand the test of time. like everyone still knows stuff like depeche mode, smiths, and the cure today and they're very popular. but adam ant, howard jones, abc, stuff like that only your mom is going to know it unless you find it online

>ABC is bad
fite me dude Lexicon of Love is a flawless album

wait till he is either dying or working with death grips

my man

POISON ARROW

I used to confuse Adam Ant with Alien Ant Farm and thought he was some shitty pop punk singer who covered smooth criminal. What's he actually sound like?

I now about him.
>le test of time meme

he sounds extremely foppish but really dandy

>his band has two drummers

HEEEEEY HAA-AH HEEEEEEYY HAAH
HEEEEEY HAA-AH HEEEEEEYY HAAH

my jam is Date Stamp, but Poison Arrow is also really fuckin tight

one of my all-time favorite albums

Kings of the Wild Frontier is to new wave what Remain in Light is to post-punk, honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9drIwmmU4

is he a pirate or a indian or something

he's the dandy highwayman that you're too scared to mention.

As sassy as a white male can conceivably sound
youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k

there's really no one that sounds like 80-82 era adam ant

Wasn't he the first straight edge?

>Ant was poised to join the 1980s-focused Here & Now tour in January 2002, but was unable to do so after he was charged with throwing a car alternator through a pub window and then threatening patrons with an imitation firearm.

>The previous evening, Adam has since claimed, he had received telephone threats to himself and his young daughter from the jealous husband of a female Camden Market stallholder who had agreed to make some clothing for him.

>The following morning, advised by people around Camden that he would find the man in question at the Prince of Wales pub in Camden, Ant arrived there to confront his persecutor. Some of the pub patrons made fun of his appearance and told him in mocking terms that the man he was looking for was not present. Staff then asked him to leave as the premises were a private members' club. Before storming off, Ant angrily told them all that he would be back.

>Some hours later, finding a discarded car alternator in the street, Ant threw it through the pub window. The broken glass injured a local musician. Chased through the backstreets of Camden by pub security and others, he drove them away by pulling out an old World War II-era starting pistol, once the property of his father.

>Returning afterwards to the main street, he was spotted by a police patrol, gun still in hand, and arrested as he tried to leave the scene in the back of a minicab.

Holy shit so based

OP what's a track or tracks I should listen to? like a sampler possibly? some definitive adam ant tunes? don't feel like sifting through the discography

youtube.com/watch?v=o41A91X5pns
youtube.com/watch?v=5hEn_rEDzp0
youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5WNZxoTnAA
youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9drIwmmU4
youtube.com/watch?v=BzDG3uer1SA
youtube.com/watch?v=9p__WmyAE3g
youtube.com/watch?v=4IP-2Ck-wak
youtube.com/watch?v=odGL89Vib50

his best known tracks and a personal favorite at the end (not op though)

Didn’t he die? Or maybe go mental and attack someone with a sword?

That was Ian MacKaye.

doing work my friend. thanks a LOT

don't know about any sword fights but yeah he had a rough '00s it seems. doing better now though, putting out new music and touring

>depeche mode stands the test of time
No.

youtube.com/watch?v=J-jTLgpY7Fw
His debut is very underrated.

don't fuck with the dandy highwayman

This, fantastic post-punk album

based Trent

youtube.com/watch?v=H4or6dV-Cls

that was varg
another larping dandy

Because Dirk Wears White Sox and the singles that preceded it are the only good AATA records worth mentioning. Fuck his post 1979 New Romantics bullshit!