Is eyedea's death one of the biggest musical losses of the century...

Is eyedea's death one of the biggest musical losses of the century? He was the best freestyle rapper in the world around 2000 and created some of the deepest philosophical rap songs ever created in my opinion in each of his albums. He had so much talent and died so young, before he could even really become famous besides a few hits here and there. Since his death anniversary is only 13 days away, it's been on my mind a lot. Thoughts?

He had the ideas but not the abilities. Bad atmosphere!

stop

I love atmosphere, and I credit Slug for being the biggest influence on my life while growing up. But Eyedea was so much younger, and I honestly think he could of grown up into something great. Sean is amazing though, and I've heard (just about) every song he's ever been in. And that's like, I don't know, hundreds probably.

Who?

pretty famous rap battler, part of rhymesayers, poet, good friends with slug from atmosphere, got a documentary coming up soon too if ya want to check him out

no hes gay

this is like strictly whiteboy rap for redditors

>this is like strictly whiteboy rap for redditors
t. Kodak fan

not him but i like kodak and eyedea
fuck off with that close-minded behaviour bud.

kodak's good

hahahahah

>Is eyedea's death one of the biggest musical losses of the century?
He was a rapper so his death wasn't a musical loss at all.

He's not though.

he's very young and has raw energy. Not fake energy. Can't beat that.

You know who else is very young and has raw energy? A puppy. Doesn't mean pupper can spit and is musically talented.

honestly he was really good and was only getting better
dude wrote some genuinely heart wrenching songs which is rare as fuck for rap and was dabbling in genres outside of rap with some success
i would have really loved to see how he could have evolved but rip

>eyedea

I watched that HBO special in 2000 and thought he was so fucking cool.

He made No Flockin at 16. What were you doing at 16? The song is mesmerizing in that it came outta nowhere and was different for it's time. It was innovative, yes. Innovative is not easy so I dunno why you're criticizing considering you're as regular a pleb as it gets. Skrt too.

He's talented sorry youtube.com/watch?v=CT6g7ckaBVM

carbon carousel is by far his best project

Heh.
I was really into Eyedea and Atmosphere and related artists years back. Flicker off of Southsiders made me tear up. I used to think "man if he had lived he would've given us more music," but nowadays on the rare moment I think of him I'm more "man if he had lived he might've found happiness." I feel more bad for Slug, who probably nearly drinks himself to death every year thinking he could've helped in preventing Eyedea's death.