Why is it the normie go to album when they talk about "Deep" music?

Why is it the normie go to album when they talk about "Deep" music?

Other urls found in this thread:

thewallanalysis.com/
youtu.be/sQlExO_qpTQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dmQfKrvuubk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it was my favorite when i was like 8

2deep4yo bro

because it sold like 45000000 copies and was kinda experimental so it's the only reference point for progressive music in the mainstream

While Any Colour You Like is instrumental, it has been speculated that the song ties to The Dark Side of the Moon concept by considering the lack of choice one has in human society, while being deluded into thinking one does. It is also speculated that the song is about the fear of making choices. The origin of the title is unclear.

The first half of the song repeats the same few notes on the keyboard except they play it faster, slower, backwards. and forwards to create the illusion of listening to different things. It cleverly shows how people are mislead into thinking they are deciding how their life will run, but that is not the case as society forces you to take a certain path. Note its position on the album, too. "Us and Them" is about paranoia, immediately following this is "Any Colour You Like" and then "Brain Damage", finally Eclipse. Any Colour is the nervous breakdown that comes in between the onset of paranoia and the "brain damage."

The song used advanced effects for the time both in the keyboard and the guitar. The VCS 3 synthesizer was fed through a long tape loop to create the rising and falling keyboard solo. David Gilmour used two guitars with the Uni-Vibe guitar effect to create the harmonizing guitar solo for the rest of the song. "Any Colour You Like" is also known (and is even listed on the Dark Side guitar tablature book) as "Breathe (Second Reprise)" because the song shares the same beat (albeit somewhat funkier and uptempo) as the album's first song "Breathe". It has also nearly the same chord sequence just transposed a whole step lower from E minor to D minor.

The reason why I have fallen in monogamic love with this tune is due to its perfection. The production behind it is unmatchable by any standard. The synthesizers take front row for most of the production, and the guitar/bass/drum combo serve as a base. In my mind, this is what a song should try to achieve if it wants to be perfect.

blame 9gag

Because it has universal themes about normal life. Easily relatable.

Because it is deep music. It’s pretty mainstream but that doesn’t cause any loss of substance. The lyrics and instrumentals are phenomenal and it offers a powerful emotion to listeners. It’s also often listened to by trippers so people tend to go for that look I guess. Listen to Echoes by Floyd though. It’s fucking great

Hey I'm looking at chords for Shine on You Crazy Diamnds and it say it goes from D7 to D10. That doesn't make sense because D10 is just a D chord. Because the 10th degree would be the 3rd scale degree. Unless D 10 is how to voice it specifically. But that's pointless correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

thewallanalysis.com/
This is why

Because o guitar effect pedals, and it was all like "money we dont need that maaan *hits weed*" still was a well made album

It's my favorite album by the group. I don't care how basic it is, I not only have sentimental value to this album, I literally come back to it all the time and it influenced me in a way very few albums have. Not that I'm accomplished at all as a composer, but this to me is one of those life changing albums.

Plus the songs are catchy and memorable and there is like no filler at all.

Any colour you like is my favorite track on the album and I've never seen his theory before. Thanks user

Tobehonest, I have a natural aversion to Dad Rock and even I still consider Dark Side of the Moon one of my favorite rock albums. No bully Floyd.

This, it still needles my greebles whenever I see people wearing DSotM t-shirts, chances are they haven’t ever listened to a single song on the album, and if they have, it’s just Money

>thewallanalysis.com
Where have you been all my life

Right here bb

>Echoes by Pink Floyd
Baby's first psychedelic trip song

Why is Death Grips the normie go-to band when they talk about "experimental" music?

I literally know no one except myself who likes or even knows death grips

Was it yours? It wasn’t mine....

Nearly every poster on this board knows and likes Death Grips.

The Sup Forums hivemind was the real normie.

Yupe, tripped to Pink Floyd my first few trips. Not like it's a bad song or anything, quite the opposite.

Saucerful of Secrets?

I'm talking about in person. Like real life normies, not plebs and normal fags on here.

One of the most underrated Pink Floyd albums in my opinion.

I unironically believe Echoes to be the greatest piece of music ever made

Perfect for a little fear being added to your trip. It’s what makes a trip iconic

[howling laughter]

And what would be your favorite, bucko?

youtu.be/sQlExO_qpTQ
Shitposting aside, Echoes isn't even the best Pink Floyd long-form song. I'll take anything from the Ummagumma live disc over it any day.

Absolutely beautiful. But there's no way that's even close to Echoes imo.
>shitposting aside
>Echoes isn't the best long song from Floyd

Because it's actually a really great album. Yes it gained mainstream recognition, but that doesn't automatically make it not deep.

Isn't DSOTM like the most accessible prog rock album not counting The Wall?
I mean it could've gain popularity because of its pop appeal, but people always talk about the more experimental stuff within the album, and I think both elements intertwining just made the album stick out.
Which is why normies flock to this album saying "WHOH DUDE, ITS SO WEIRD" or "THIS ALBUM IS A LIFE CHANGER" or "WERE THEY HIGH WHILE THEY WERE MAKING THIS" despite the fact there are albums that are way more left field than this, even within Pink Floyd's own discography.

I never said it's experimental or anything like that. I said it was life changing and I still love it. I mean Atom Mother Heart, is more weird I think and I do love that a lot more. But Pink Floyd in general is very accessible, like their best stuff.

Also that's like knocking the Beatles because they're music is accessible. But you have to start somewhere. Plus If I'm being honest, I think Fragile is on the same tier of accessibility or not far off as Dark Side. Yet it's still championed. Hell The Yes album is also and so is Close to the Edge

Reminder that Dark Side of the Moon was the first album where Pink Floyd became famous. The reason they became famous was the guitar sound of soft-power. Reminder that post-psychotic Syd Barrett invented this sound by detuning the strings of his guitar which creates this kind of sound.
youtube.com/watch?v=dmQfKrvuubk
6:10min