This writing is really terrible

this writing is really terrible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sRSMshdQ0Pk
youtube.com/watch?v=rQ6LC-olw9Q
avclub.com/article/10-must-see-episodes-of-istar-treki-83853
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah, I mean wtf is that shrink ray all about?

Some of it sucks. The first episode is alright. There's a sharp dip in quality at episode 2. Episode 3 was much better, imo. It was probably a mistake if anything.

>Evolution forged all life on this planet using only one tool; the mistake.

This. It should have been explained more clearly, though it's pretty obvious if you pay attention to every clue.

>Episode 3 was much better
agreed- no nolan dialogue

If you're talking about the dialogue between hosts it's intentionally cheesy and cliche because it's supposed to be an amusement park and overly comfy. There's not supposed to be a whole lot of conflict that isn't easily resolved. Also the dialogue of the hosts is written by nerdy engineers not writers who know how to develop characters with more than one dimension. Also the sheer scale of the operation would make it hard for them to write engaging dialogue for all of the hosts. They don't have sentience so most of the things that they say has to be a canned response

>It's terrible because it's supposed to be terrible

how do they shrink the people?

It's really slow at the moment but, I think about half of the season in shits just going to hit the fan.
I'm enjoying the idea of the show more than the show itself at the moment haha.
Hope it gets better.

>Evolution forged all life on this planet
so its earth?

"I can't understand the basic premise of an HBO show"

Are you literally retarded

>It's intentionally cheesy and cliche because it's supposed to be an amusement park and overly comfy.
user, this is terrible reasoning and you know it. Why didn't they look toward Jurassic Park for the sort of dialogue they could have put, but perhaps more cerebral? I don't even know how "comfiness" relates to it being a theme park.

>written by nerdy engineers not writers who know how to develop characters with more than one dimension
It this supposed to be an excuse? It doesn't matter who writes it. That has no bearing in determining the quality of the writing, or the impact it has.

>Also the sheer scale of the operation would make it hard for them to write engaging dialogue for all of the hosts.
For $40 grand a day, I would expect better.

> They don't have sentience so most of the things that they say has to be a canned response.
If it's a canned response, that makes it less excusable that it's so bad.

I haven't watched all of the third episode, but at times, it just seemed like a cliched Western. This might be what they were going for and it makes sense, but they are using cliches as a crutch for lazy writing. And I care even less than I would for an actual cliched Western because they aren't humans going through real conflicts.

He is talking about everyone. which only adds to the "they are all robots" forshadowing
>written by nerdy engineers not writers
What? says who?
>not writers who know how to develop characters with more than one dimension
Was not the scenario guy pissed that no one lets him show of his deep lore?

Are you saying the basic premise of an HBO show is for it to be bad on purpose? Because that's what he said.

I'm just saying the dialogue between real people on the show is actually engaging, dialogue between hosts is not intended to be as they're not actually people with feelings

The dialogue between real people is somehow more dreary and dull than the robot speak.

What I hate about it is how nothing happens. The show goes out of it's way to make sure nothing happens.

The show isn't bad on purpose, but the hosts behave in an intentionally flat and robotic way, BECAUSE THEYRE FUCKING ROBOTS. That's literally all that I'm pointing out

>it to be bad on purpose

Yep, you are genuinely retarded. Please leave this board, we only allow high tier retards here

>I'm just saying the dialogue between real people on the show is actually engaging,
wat
>If you're talking about the dialogue between hosts it's intentionally cheesy and cliche
So, it's engaging, but "cheesy and cliche"?

>dialogue between hosts is not intended to be as they're not actually people with feelings
Firstly, it goes beyond that, as in even if they were real people it would be uninteresting, but we care even less because they aren't real people.

Engaging? Like hey they curse all the time, as if this show was made in the 90s and we're supposed to find it fresh?

it does not even get better when they are outside the labs. like when steroid guard and lez girl went to hunt a glitched out robo I expected some good coversation

Obviously, that was a sarcastic question.

Hosts aren't real people ya dumb cunt

I love the writing on the show, both the plotting and dialogue. It seems like the plebs who don't like it should have been filtered out by now, but for some reason they're still flitting about, shitting up threads.

Whoops. I mixed up "guests" and "hosts." Assume I'm retarded and disregard that.

>they use too many naughty words waaaaaahhhh

No it isn't. The dialogue is sometimes a little cheesy, but that's only a small aspect of writing.

Okay, I don't find the dialogue between people engaging. The ones between where Hopkins is clearly phoning it in are especially dull, mixed with cringe from his sophomoric lines.

Is it a good show?

Fun/good sci-fi needs a bit of cheese.
And sexy girls with skimpy outfits.
Keeps nerdlings libido's active and prevents them from becoming vidya monks.

are you a pseudo or a shill? maybe you are the type that loved lost

Good, yes
Interesting, yes,
Great, no
9.2 IMDB, no

No. its about an old guy and his gay lover who got board and deliberately fucked themselves over by putting hidden commands into their robots which are activated by key phrases and book quotes, all in an effort to make "real" living robots

So far all three episodes are 10/10.

>Fun/good sci-fi needs a bit of cheese.
I don't accept this premise, and even if it were the case, they went overboard. They could have just rewritten Ford's lines and it would have been much better.

I like the host dialogue though. It's not natural or profound, but it's fun and aids in characterizing these hosts who are really nothing more than western stereotypes. Everything out of Maeve's mouth in particular is golden.

I mean, you wouldn't criticize a neo-noir film for having noir-as-fuck dialogue. People don't really talk that way but it's pleasant to listen to and contributes to the atmosphere. I think about the Westworld host dialogue the same way. It also creates a nice contrast whenever guests or staff members are around. Really my biggest problem with it is not the words, but rather that they're often limited to conveying melodrama.

ITT. People with absurdly high standards grasp at straws

You're extremely unintelligent. Stop posting. This show wasn't made to appeal to retards, you deluded overweight virgin.

Fair enough. I think they could do a better job of developing the characters desu, but the overall themes and concepts addressed are interesting enough to keep me watching. Also it fills the void that LOST left when it ended. Overall I think it's a fun show

Its a shitty tv show about sending robots to "western cowboy" world and watching them fuck around, what do you think genius, its scifi tier rubbish

Why do people keep saying it's like LOST all the time? I mean, the only thing that's even remotely LOST about the show is MiB's maze plotline.

>genius
I didnt even knew what this shit was about. I just asked how that show is to see if i should try it.

how do they shrink the flies?

Don't you have a Snyder or Nolan thread to shitpost in?

Oh yeah I forgot to try and hurt your feelings. No pussy gettin ass bitch

There is nothing wrong with being a virgin. you are not in school anymore

The show is great. There are some flaws that are overshadowed entirely by what is great about it.

>Doesn't like sci-fi
>Posting in a Westworld thread

I cite president: Trek TOS
Movies to me are different e.g. Soviet era Solaris and so on.
>They could have just rewritten Ford's lines and it would have been much better.
I guess. Let the show develop a bit.
I've stated this in previous threads, I love the Nolan's take on machine intelligence and how AI's are supposed to act and react. Its great.

>implying being a virgin as an adult isn't one of the most tragic things imaginable.

its like lost because its not showing its cards and casuals are building up crazy theories and coming up with stupid question. There will be no delivery, there will be no pay off, the show will go out like a fart and people praising it now will act like they were betrayed

You realize he just stopped trying and this is just incredibly poor bait, right?

It is when you compensate for that hole by spending days in a row saying flawless shows have "bad writing" because it's your only way to get attention. How many shows have you done this for? You're a shitty person and things are never, ever going to get better for you.

depends on how old you are and what other accomplishments you have in life

>...and people praising it now will act like they were betrayed
It might fizzle. For now pass the popcorn.

>I cite president: Trek TOS
Don't you think the genre has evolved a bit since then? It's not like the cheesy moments are a highlight of the show. Also, there's a pretentiousness to this chess that makes it less forgivable.

What you're really saying is that the fans are like LOST fans, not that the show is like lost.

>flawless
Uhhh

It's already on its way to Deadwood tier. Shows aren't about the ending but about the journey anyway, so it'll be 10/10 regardless of whether or not spergs like you get your "answers."

Being a virgin isn't made any less tragic because you've climbed Everest at 25.

>there was a sharp dip in episode 2.

Episode 2 was the best episode of the three so far. It's the third episode that completely sucked.

So it's terrible because it's supposed to be terrible.

>Shows aren't about the ending but about the journey anyway,

Spoken like a man whose never been led down the garden path

>flawless shows

No, but decent time waster.

Having Odin in the show is a plus.
Its pretentious, of course, its a Nolan.
I maintain great sci-fi needs cheese because its appealing to nerdbeards like us. The only reason to go to space anyway is to get laid by a green alien.
Actually to me the show is still way too serious. The rapey things and so on. Honestly if I was in West World at 40k a day I would hire four hooker bots, then proceed to high noon, then look for the treasure of Sierra Madre with Bogart (likeness tm) followed by me saving a damsel in a runaway stage coach.

I enjoyed the first episode a lot, one of the best pilots I've seen in a while. Second and third episodes were a disappointment, falling into the whole "AI are humans too!" I'm glad they're getting it out of the way fast, though I'm sure it'll be part of the series until the end.
I'm much more interested in the whole maze thing and what the management is up to, hopefully we'll get into more interesting stuff soon

>flawless
go to bed, Nolan
yes. certain types of shows attract certain type of people. invoking lost is an easy way to see if they are among such people of if they are watching due to another reason

>Shows aren't about the ending but about the journey anyway
that is only true of shows where you enjoy the journey.

>pay 40k/day
>"Getting Dolores horse cocked" guestline is already reserved for other quest
yeah fine

>Its pretentious, of course, its a Nolan.
I don't care.

>I maintain great sci-fi needs cheese because its appealing to nerdbeards like us.
Well I don't like it, so even by that subjective standard, they overdid it.

>Actually to me the show is still way too serious.
There are ways to add levity without adding cheese.

You speak as if the cheese is supposed to add levity, but it clearly does not here.

If you watch a show you don't like you're extremely mentally ill so your opinion is invalid for that reason regardless.

Last time I was in a Westworld thread like 2 days ago the same OP was spamming threads with his inane pseudointellectual attention-seeking delusions. The poster count never goes up and it's always the same variations of "bad writing."

The the most basic problem is the concept of a fake old west town is kind of boring.

The show needs more "sci" in its "fi" to stay interesting. The cracks in the basic concept really started to show in Ep.3.

the bvs thread is over there reddit

>If you watch a show you don't like you're extremely mentally ill so your opinion is invalid for that reason regardless.
yeah, then you would be saying "it gets good after a while" or "you did not watch enough of it to have an opinion" There is always an excuse with you faggots
>Last time I was in a Westworld thread like 2 days ago the same OP was spamming threads with his inane pseudointellectual attention-seeking delusions. The poster count never goes up and it's always the same variations of "bad writing."
yeah it must be a conspiracy of samefags, that is the only explanation why such a flawless show would get any bad replies

Don't ever reply to my post again

>conspiracy

One guy with a distinctive posting style repeating the same exact posts over and over for days in a row isn't really a conspiracy. Anyone who dislikes this show is mentally impaired so it doesn't really matter who does it, but it's funny that literally one guy has been tantruming about Westworld for 3 days straight now.

>Well I don't like it, so even by that subjective standard, they overdid it.
Different strokes and all that.

>You speak as if the cheese is supposed to add levity, but it clearly does not here.
I would like it if they showed a bit more adventure and fun before we get to the Yul Brynner right stuff. But HBO is pressured to make an immediate impact with the show. Audiences today have the attention span of ferrets and if you don't get rapey and serious immediately you lose the audience.
I say again films are a different kettle of fish.
BTW look at all long lasting Sci-fi series. Cheese is mandatory. But cheese taken seriously by the actors. Makes it comfy.

>distinctive posting style
kek. Im literally chuckling out loud and I mean literally in a literal sense. you sound obsessed and butthurt over nothing

would have worked better if they sold it as a western show and Sci-fi came with layers of twists.

>Cheese is mandatory.
Usually, not this early in a series.

This isn't even cheese that makes it comfy. It's just pretentiousness and edginess.

This is good cheese

youtube.com/watch?v=sRSMshdQ0Pk

The show is based on a pretty good idea, but compared to the film the execution is pretty terrible IMO.
We're 3 episodes in and there's still barely any decent discussion around it, they've told us practically nothing so far with the show.
I'm actually pretty impressed that they can stretch each episode to an hour each.

Fuck you and Fuck your cheese faggot.

You probably like CW shows.

Fucking kill yourself and don't come back.

"This is why I hide behind sarcasm!!"

"Vectoring!!!"

Cringeworthy bullshit. Is the Dyke supposed to be an Autist? Makes no sense otherwise.

would ask for a refund famalam, that's the best story in the park

They can still do it if they want to.The machines get out and we get to see what happens after ex Machina ends.
Then it either leads to the Matrix or Dune.

>perfect reviews everywhere
>pretty terrible

Christ, you're dumb. This isn't a show for brain dead religious trailer park residents who spam chatrooms with memes while watching. Why do you think something is terrible just because you have a painfully low IQ?

>Fucking kill yourself and don't come back.
Calm down. You're on an anime board.

What's with this trend of morons capitalizing a random selection of words in sentences? You aren't smart enough to be allowed to have opinions.

Suicide is a viable option for anyone asking for more cheese in today's genre shows.

Good use of the "only for intellectuals" meme.
That really doesn't disprove the fact that the show is painfully boring so far though. Compare the levels of discussion of an actually good show to shrink rays and then come back to me.

You are a super serious individual.
Not everything has to be DC.

>meme

Smart people don't find it boring though. There's a significant difference between what bad, stupid people enjoy and what worthwhile, intelligent people enjoy. This show is for smart people without severe ADD who don't think memes are funny. It isn't a show for people who save pictures of celebrities or watch reality TV. You are brain dead. This show was not made with you in mind. It isn't for you. Get that through your head: you are too stupid to enjoy it.

Fuck you and your obsession with Dolores getting horse fucked.

He's right, you are the worst kind of cancer. Cheese and camp are awful and appeal to the absolute worst kind of person. The fact that you want it hamfisted into the few remaining quality, serious thematic works makes you actually deserving of suffering. Never share your opinion again, there's plenty of trash waiting to fill your time.

MEGA:
youtube.com/watch?v=rQ6LC-olw9Q

HOWEVER:
Balance of terror!
avclub.com/article/10-must-see-episodes-of-istar-treki-83853

What is this meme? Episode 2 is sophomoric, everyone is dropping f-bombs, and the hooker subplot isn't terribly interesting. Episode 3 has better dialogue, delves into the lore and /bestcouple/.

how is vectoring code for taking a shit?

also why weren't we able to watch her taking a shit? I thought this was an HBO show, I want something to fap to

>this is the new game of thrones i swear
>dude hackneyed archetypes and writing lmao
>dude philosophical platitudes that have been done to death lmao
>dude why did we fucking use westworld lmao

Nice to know that HBO is no longer the 'mark of quality' that it once was though. Maybe people will wake up and realise GOT is shit now too.