Electronic music

It used to be the counter culture in North America at least. But now it's super mainstream. I can't tell you how many festivals are being held this summer

Seriously what happened to good electronic music

Check out this 2016 remix of classic Phatt Bass

>youtube.com/watch?v=miNNR08ETLs

>inb4 not political, electronic music has a huge impact of the future

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
youtube.com/watch?v=LGC90fmf8gw
youtu.be/O2W2B1-0r-8
youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw
youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs
youtube.com/watch?v=ndakL2dKzig
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rW2GpQLQE
youtube.com/watch?v=t4eYhq9aVBs
youtube.com/watch?v=g_sJCNwf-xs
youtube.com/watch?v=eADGy8c3D8o
youtu.be/vnaYMzyoRmw
youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc
youtube.com/watch?v=h_PJ03uYnx0
youtube.com/watch?v=2s25Q_GFGlE
youtube.com/watch?v=-fu7jN2_2pE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you don't know how to discover good music by yourself

Its still out there, and it's even more pissed off than ever. Explore around Europe and you'll see it's still got a good counter culture vibe to it, if you ignore the clubs replaying avicci singles.

The EDM scene has been hijacked by big room house fans, but not before the dub step scene got big. IDM, progressive house, ambient and vapor wave will still be underground...sad..

i think the uk and amsterdam still make good tracks its just the big room/tribal scene is too massive.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y8DekFFCE5c
Does this count?

You're the ultimate pleb if you don't listen to good electronic.

youtube.com/watch?v=LGC90fmf8gw

I hate the shit dubstep became, well brostep.

Deep medi still come out with tunes though
youtu.be/O2W2B1-0r-8

If you listen to EDM after the age of 22, you need to go to

R E H A B
E H A B R
H A B R E
A B R E H
B R E H A

somafm.com has good channels for discovering new music from not as popular artists.

Really great stuff. Check it out.

Daily reminder that early electronic music stroked nazi's techno-boner.

aphex twins so old and tired man.

you're a newfag confirmed

Modern music of any type is for degenerate scum
Electronic shit is even more degenerate because of the promiscuous, drug addled ambience it carries.

Music should be played with traditional instruments, not this 21st century garbage, give it the respect it deserves.

KYS

you are one of those 25 year old guys with a hitler's youth haircut and tight pants who goes around acting like he is the guy from drive when in reality he is a sad cunt?

>somafm.com

thanks for that link pal, really dig internet radio

>electronic music has a huge impact of the future

does it really?

I know Canadians are stupid but Electronic music actually shapes your culture?

If you do not make the future, others will make it instead of you. Traditional instruments were once the new thing, user.

Kek, nice pleb taste mang. Sorry, I'll pass on your dupstep.

That's a lot of projecting you're doing there.

>projecting
maybe you are old and don't go out very much, but its a global stereotype pal

i do like him though, but bragging about listening him is pleb-who-thinks-he-is-king-tier

aphex twin was popular about 20 years ago dude

its obvious your late on the bandwagon mr.supreme taste

gtfo my thread

What the fuck nigger?

This is literally just the rave music from Blade.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNOP2t9FObw

>bragging about him

Where?

Are you 13?

Who even listen to music aye
Try classic music or something else.
>some people listen to quran

yeah they butchered a classic

in the last 10 years its been a thing to rip 90s samples and slap some big room bass on it

new kids think this is cool, which is why society is failing

Oh wait, you're OP with the obnoxious, generic dogshit electronic tastes.

>bruhhhh check out this 2016 remix

Don't embarrass yourself, sweetheart.

you think i like the remix?

are you that daft?

>You're the ultimate pleb if you don't listen to good electronic.

From my perspective Industrial techno, I will fucking tell you, created some disgustingly strong tie to rave culture.

I don't like saying fanbases ruin genres, but this did it for me and I don't know what the fuck happened.

Ecstasy-taking retarded kids started trying to claim "cybergoth" for their own, mixed it with Coachella-esque shit music taste, took down a good chunk of that genre with them and turned it into a disgrace. Now that whole scene gets lumped into one pretty degenerate pile of pseudo dark electro garbage and gogo dancing. Only difference is wearing retarded gas masks on top of rave shit.

Hardstyle got filled with people ripping audio tracks off of other bands they thought were just obscure.

Shitty alternative and hard rock bands now call themselves Industrial Metal for god only knows what reason.

Suddenly distorting vocals to be PASSABLE on albums and having a synthesizer makes you techno/electronic.

Basically this.

>The EDM scene has been hijacked by big room house fans
Holy fuck this. How I hate big room, ruined everything.

And?

How exactly am I bragging about Aphex Twin? If you don't like good anything you're a fucking idiot.

>You're the ultimate pleb if you don't listen to good electronic.
>[links to aphex twin]

>How exactly am I bragging about Aphex Twin?
l-e-a-f

if you started listening to electronic music because of deadmau5 you're too new to partipate in this thread

You're fucking retarded, you know that?

Get a grasp on the English language.

I thought that guys name was pronounced Dead Mao Five until last year.

>muh 'it's da future', get used to it, "argument"
Most of the instruments used for classic music and anything non degenerate have been here for at least a couple of centuries, let's not reinvent the wheel here.

Electronic shit is highly degenerate, the people behind it are nothing more than unironic millennial children who make money because other millennial children exist.

Exhibit a
youtube.com/watch?v=stgrSjynPKs

Kys

youtube.com/watch?v=ndakL2dKzig

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rW2GpQLQE

youtube.com/watch?v=t4eYhq9aVBs

youtube.com/watch?v=g_sJCNwf-xs

There are loads of artists releasing good electronic shit, lad. The 'EDM' boom will be over soon; it's just as it's always been - the commercial sound sells.

I used to be into it, but the problem with it is that it is inherently an awkward scene socially.

Compare it to hip-hop or soul or even swing dancing or country. People (of opposite sex) actually dance together.

Lets say you want to go groove to some music and meet a sweaty dancing babe. Do not even try to go to electronic music for that. This is a problem with the scene because women drop out of it. On the other hand some women are attracted to it for the exact same reason. They correctly perceive that they can go party and not necessarily get hit on endlessly or be forced to dance with some sweaty, smelly alcoholic moron.

Its a great place to dance by yourself and perhaps take some drugs.

it's still out there, you just have to dig really deep to find it, this SHOULD be on mu though

Maybe you should get a grasp on written communication pal

Too cliche

youtube.com/watch?v=eADGy8c3D8o

youtu.be/vnaYMzyoRmw

This video makes me cringe so hard, all these faggots waiting for a drop and not just enjoying the music.

Sup Forums are all faggot'y little 19 year olds going through their "pretentious muso" phase.

>have been here for at least a couple of centuries
Computers are here to stay, user, whether you like it or not. Stay mad, fagget.
youtube.com/watch?v=RYtVf0wvPpc

that lotus track was aces

yeah i hope so

It's all about DNB
Geeks

Electronic music is in a renaissance. Retrowave/synthwave is having an amazing comeback.

Aphex is still the boss 2bh

Great taste user, two mark pritchard songs in one thread what are the odds

youtube.com/watch?v=h_PJ03uYnx0

>IDM, Progressive House, Ambient, vaporwave

One of these things is not like the others.

Anyways, you guys listen to classic trance? Bt? Chicane? Paul Oakenfold? Sasha? Digweed?

Boy I sure was boasting how amazing Aphex Twin is by linking a song to him, wasn't I?

Got me there bud.

electronic music:

youtube.com/watch?v=2s25Q_GFGlE

>listening to anything except the blade runner soundtrack

Stay pleb

Also, if you guys want some good electronic music, you should listen to

1. Peter Sotos
2. Francois Dufrene
3. Hans Krusl
4. The New Blockaders.

Awesome stuff

Case in point, see video.

Electronic music (very early) had a relatively optimistic social vibe, even earth-centric (or just eccentric) but it wasn't comfortable with those themes, and much house party techno or shit like OP's video predominate; roughly speaking, it substitutes raw aggression for sexuality because it is uncomfortable with a social sexuality. The gender relationships as described in the video are exactly the id of electronica- male and female are antagonists and males frequent victims. The bondage fashions strike extreme poses reminiscent of bondage. Like bondage, an unhealthy dwelling on dominance and submission. Subversion is a theme hitched to electronica simply because of a dress code.

When the psyche has no real positive sexual expression or outlook, it retreats into realms of fantasy where it plays with the symbols of its obsession and not the thing itself (sex and relationships). What you are left with is ritual intimidation and not a little anomie and alienation.

These things aside, I do like a lot of techno, ambient, EDM, but a lot is derivative BS uninteresting musically like OPs track. The social aspect though is a real turn off. Many of the actual musicians are brilliant and interesting.

Electronica is still immature, and has influenced many other genres. I think its been positive influence in this way.

youtube.com/watch?v=-fu7jN2_2pE

The best opening of any film.

I don't think you know what the word bragging means.

I wasn't going to include him again when I saw one of his Deep Medi releases had been posted, but I really like his new record.

no point to argue with this kind of person

>not listening solely too the Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack

No disrespect to Vangelis but the time for whimsy and hope is over. These are the end of days.

based