Eropeans tv thread

Why we don't know anything about this? Is it some piece of shit? Have it some cools tv shows or serials?

Idk I live in Belgium and all we got is cringeworthy soaps and quizzes and quirky shows with celebrities

Europe isnt a country dumbfat

Oh and a billion cooking shows

Monty Python, Faultry Towers, Black Adder, The Killing and Downtown Abbey are the ones that comes to mind.

Detectivekino from Englund of course

Piece of shit.

They never play mainland euro shows here in the US as far as I know, so I couldn't say

Only foreign shows I see are from:
Canada
UK
Ireland
Mexico
Australia
New Zealand
Japan
Korea
China

And that's it

Isn't there pretty much always some shitty Dr Who general on here?

Get that EU flag outta here cunt

>England
>Europe

Not anymore m8

Aren't they all British

EU≠europe retard

We haven't left yet and I'm starting to think we won't.

mainland =/= island dickhead.
UK is to Europe what Japan is to Asia.
Close enough to be considered a part of it due to geography but culturally (and in every other aspect) so different that they're barely related.

Germany here.
Everything is lame and unoriginal.
We had a night show called TV Total which got kinda bland, but had a ton of interesting spin offs with celebrities doing things like High Diving into a pool, or stock car ralleys, and other stuff.
Nobody said Europe is a country

The only channel I watch on german tv is phoenix and mhiemtalks

Don't give up yet man, it'll take time

Alright I get what you mean and I take my insult back

>tips fedora

It's ok :3

These r/pepe pepes are a disgrace

I have seen German shows based on Grimm's tales. But I can't give you a proper title because it's in German

German "the office" is superior to both the British and the American.

It's much more cynical, absurd and the main actor plays like a god. In the first episode he is responsible for a colleague's death for example.

Main difference is:
American office: boss is adorably trying to be a good guy but incompetent (yet lovely naive)

German: boss is a total asshole that does everything for his personal gain, has a god complex and is still incompetent.

Is it the comedy ones? absolute trash then

Austrian show called "Braunschlag" is pretty good. Got nternational recognition aswell I believe

So you are saying that Mainland Europe is culturally the same everywhere, and only the UK is different? And Asia is the same everywhere too and only Japan is different? Are you a retard?
That's like saying the United States isn't a part of North America because it's so different from Canada, which is in turn very different from Mexico.

OP asked about European tv shows. The UK is in Europe. So are Spain, Greece, Germany, Russia, Sweden and Romania. Most people would agree that these countries are quite different culturally.

I have seen a show called Forbrydelson

It's not English so I turned it off

I think OP implied Mainland Europe, which his bafflement as to why their shows aren't well-known abroad. Everyone who hasn't lived under a rock their whole lives has seen some Britbong TV

Klown is breddy gud. It's like the Danish version of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Greeks and spainards eat pretty much the same food, german and all netherlands/dutch languages are similar, spanish and italian is basically the same language etc
NONE OF THE MAINLAND COUNTRIES ARE SIMILAR TO THE UK AT ALL
Fucking retard.
I've travelled all over Europe you obese american peasent, don't try and tell me whats what while your country has 0 culture

I have also seen The Time Between Seams. Again I turned it off because it's not in English.

I guess our public tv wants some European diversity but I only watch shows in English

because none of it is in your language

my mom watches a lot of scandinavian (mostly swedish) drama shit

kys

The austrian film Dampfnudelblues (Steamnoodleblues) is pure kino. Not sure how plebs would react to it however.
And Wir sind Kaiser (We are Emperor) if you want pure comedy gold.
Good luck with subtitles though

If you think the UK is anything like mainland Europe you are one spastic cunt of a dickhead who has never been abroad.

>I've travelled all over Europe you obese american peasent
I'm German

Im from EU Balkans(well, on edge of Bylkan), we have literally 2 actual funny people(like, really funny and its not an local thing , if they used English they would be almost Senfield Prime level funny),then we have an huge bunch of morons who think they are funny(literally prank calls tier jokes), we are good at fucking drama, good damn are we good with movies you would like to kill yourself after.

Also, couple of surprisingly good ww2 flix(also sad as fuck).
Couple of sitcoms you cant believe exist and...did i mention bunch of fucking sad movies,well thats it.

As far as EU goes
1)Brexit & some Viking countries have some stuff that can compare with US stuff.
2)Germans & Italians have some good movies and shows("kino tier") but you can count them on fingers of one hand
3) Serbs are funny & good moviemakers,also French have Xavier& guy who made 5th element
4) k think Greeks have some decent shows
5)rest is total shit, if you have any talent or idea for good show/movie ,you run away in USA so its kinda catch22

>because none of it is in your language
so why does no one bother translating them while there are plenty of Korean and Chinese shows available in my country? Is it just weeaboos?

Netherlands reporting in, we have nothing.

>I'm german
Wow a refugee doesn't know anything, what a surprise!

What about this?
It's literally the only thing I know from mainland Europe.

>Greeks and spainards eat pretty much the same foo
No, Greeks eat well and Spain eats dirt

and what are you gonna do with the millions of pakis and turks ?

dude tapas lmao

I've tried searching for some good European TV shows lately, only seemed to have found Scandinavian stuff that has English subs:

The Bridge
Trapped
Occupied
The Saboteurs
Modus

I've only watched the first season of The Bridge, and one episode of The Saboteurs and they're pretty good. Not seen any of the others yet, but they look interesting enough.

There's another one I've been looking into, called something like 'Kampen for Tilvaerson' but I can't find subs for it anywhere.

If you're twelve maybe. That show was just a fad.

maybe because you don't go looking for them
i'm sure there are some channels and websites that provide this service

are you actually serious here or just shitposting

I wonder why Japanese and Chinese shows are more accessible than European shows. Aren't they supposed to be more distant from USA

100% serious

Dutch here. I like that the smartest human show you guys have. We have it too but Dutch banter is SHIT.

I really like finnish tv. It goes its own way or when it does copy US tv its pretty good. Instead of shitty german and swedish bootleg versions american shows. Also they sub not dub so you dont get one voice actor doing shitty voice cover. Im not finnish so i dont rember particularly good show names exept moomins.

then i'm afraid you're even more retarded than out american friends
sad really

Some Spanish shows are super good comedies. The crazy neighbors not sure of the name. But its great.

Sweden has a couple mediocre cop shows and dramas. No one under the age of 40 watches anything swedish. We slurp American semen.

They produce stuff that isn't quiz-shows, talk-shows, cringe-inducing "comedy" shows or low-budget family dramas.

I'm from Germany, 28, and I can't remember the last time I watched anything that was from here. It's all boring crap.

Other people I know only watch Netflix or lower-class TV shows, 'ironically' (i.e. reality tv or crappy comedy shows).

No you are the retard. And ignorant. And a cuck.

A lot of formats like The Voice and Big Brother come from The Netherlands actually

>the cuckoldpeon union

I remember as a kid watching a show about a policeman and his german shepherd called Rex, and it was followed by some show centered around a helicopter, but that's about it (french here)

Most of what's being produced is trash made to abuse government granted funds, sadly

>It's not turkish durum, it is gyros!

We're great at making SHIT TV yes

France has the GOAT comedy but the rest of our TV is shit.

Kommissar Rex

>mentioning t*rks
>in a europ thread
kill your "self"

Fucking Endemol.

I tried but I really cant

All of my friends and relatives have seen at least one show or movie from Europe except me

I'd be frankly embarrassed if I was a brit

Right, it was shit but it played after my morning cartoons during the weekends so I'd watch it anyway

Aquí no hay quien viva?

>I remember as a kid watching a show about a policeman and his german shepherd called Rex

my nigg. It was simply called "Rex" in France.

>tfw the dog is probably dead now

I picked up Hyde.and.Seek expecting doctor jekyl. turned out to be some cheap new Zealand/Australian cop drama
The historic dramas and time travel stuff speak to me

Does BBC show wild europe count

>csq ils ont remplaçé ça par ces merdes style fait pas ci fais pas ça

"Rex, chien flic" en fait toujours cru que c'était Rex, chien policier

Masha is a cute traditional cartoon for kids. Not that Dan Scheinder pedo shit.

I used to watch a dutch cop show every now and then, starring a blonde girl cop with short hair who was a detective and worked with two guys. Showed her tits at some point too. Bretty decent.

Also there's that danish/american thingie with the whatsisname from the LotR movies, it's alright.

yea, thats it. Its constantly on TV in the weekend and iam having a blast.

French modern tv shows worth watching:

> Kaboul Kitchen
Comedy, very cynical and funny, about a retire reporter opening a restaurant for western people in Afghanistan and being forced into the retarded politics of the city.

> Kaamelot
Parody of Arthurian legends, very popular in France but most of the humor might be lost in translation.

> Braco or Mafiosa
French and earlier version of Narco

> others
Honestly we don't have that many good TV shows, we're more into movies. Prefer older ones.

Best Cop-kino-show from our lovely german overlords.

Ben Jager was the best partner. And those were the best seasons, saving the entire fucking world in every episode.

I'd be frankly embarassed if I was your mum.

Kaamelot is absolute kino

Both China and Japan and Korea make quiz shows, low budget fantasy and talk shows. The majority of them are filtered out and only the "unique" ones are introduced to international

I guess tv are like fast foods and malls, they are the same everywhere and only a few "unique" ones can "represent" a country

Which makes me wonder if they really can represent a country

Alo Alo was amazing TV show.

>> Kaamelot

Karadoc and Perceval were pure kino.

It is. It really is.

>short hair
Slightly interested
>blonde short hair
No

This is fucking horrid. That and Rex. Jebus, germans don't really shouldn't make tv this bad.

Love/Hate is solid.

Anyone know of other good Irish drama? Seen 1916, was pretty alright.

>Germany: shitty serials
>France: conspiracy documentaries
>Italy: awful comedies from the 60-70's

I love how over the top everything is. Typical morning show you watch when you are ill and stay at home.

>>France: conspiracy documentaries

lel, we have channels that broadcast this shit 24 hours a day.

Poland here.
Our cinema/tv died pretty much around early 2000. There's almost nothing to even start talking about.
Tv is mostly hosuewife shows produced with as small amount many as possible. Almost everything is also on licence mostly german shows, we had and Only show worth mentioning (as a fun fuct mostly) is pic rel. It's a sitcom based on Married with Children, but set up in stereotypical polish home. It's probably one of the longest running sitcoms (499 episodes and still running). The only longer sitcom I can think of that is still in the air is The Simpsons.

>>France: conspiracy documentaries
What ? I'm French and I have no idea what you're talking about.

RIGHT THAT'S THE TRASH I WAS WATCHING AFTER REX

>csq tu réalises que la dame du lac est une totale qt

German krimi shows can be enjoyable. Dutch here. Belgian documentaries are the best on the planet BTW.

>France
>not Louis de Funès comedies

>Ben jagger
Andre fux in Cyprus and Anything with tom was best imho
But it may just be nostalgia boner to Rammstein Matrix aesthetics, 1990 BMWs and happier times

>Belgium: television films about kidnappings

>not Audiard kinomedies

>I used to watch a dutch cop show every now and then, starring a blonde girl cop with short hair who was a detective and worked with two guys. Showed her tits at some point too. Bretty decent.

Any dutchfags got any idea what I'm talking about? I can't find anything on this on the net.

> I think there's apple in it.

This one is pretty fucking good.

Also, Scandinavian crime shows, like The Bridge.

that was pretty good

This. Also it doesn't devolve in the Jim and Pam show.