"Classic" films of the future

What modern films do you believe will become classics of the future? Why?

Batman v Superman

Hopefully none of them, 2bh.

not choosing the dark night rises

Came into this thread expecting this. First post did not disappoint.

Never change Sup Forums

Under the Skin
The Witch
The Lobster

NCFOM

uniroincally this

The only film of the great cape boom of the teens with actual artistic merit, misunderstood in its time

Also, Malick's recent trilogy of sorts will go down as classic.

what trilogy

The Neon Demon.

Sunset Song

>modern

Besides the obvious meme answers, I think Nightcrawler could be seen as a classic later on. I don't know if it has enough memorable moments to really set itself up that high though. Probably some problems with the film I'm forgetting.

I image modern films that are considered classics will still be considered classics in the future. Why would this change? Why would the battleship potemkin not be considered a classic in the future?

OP said "will become"
TDKR is already a classic.

Few movies deserve to be called classics. Especially in recent years there's more and more trash being made for easy money.

I can't think of a movie made post 2010 that will really be timeless.

Prisoners and enemies were better

you've got problems cunt

Ah yeah Prisoners was good! That's definitely higher up than Nightcrawler.

He means which movies made recently would be considered classics. He is not saying all other classic movies will stop existing, only that more will be added to the list.

There will be blood
but it might be seen as too similar to citizen kane

well classics usually are popular yet artistic films. So a lot of what is considered memes by Sup Forums now probably will be big classics in 20 30 years, we cant just narrow a couple films down because we like them. anyway mostly what was posted in this thread already will be remembered. keep in mind most people here are 18-24 and watched stuff like avatar and TDK as children or teens, those will be out terminators and shit.

Mulholland Drive
The Tree of Life
There Will Be Blood

Those are probably going to become "classics". There's a lot more that will become "cult films" with a more niche audience like Under the Skin, Blue Is The Warmest Color, Inherent Vice, all of Refn's films since Valhalla Rising

Criterion in 30 years will have to resort to releasing hbo kino

how so?

It's a brilliant pastiche of Joe Dante

There Will Be Blood
No Country for Old Men
The Master
Tree of Life
The Death of Mr. Lazarescu

TTOL
TTW
KoC

no.

this, unironically

Mulholland Drive, In the Mood for Love, A Separation, Certified Copy, Caché

>modern

>post-2000
>not modern

I bet you think that 60es film is ancient

LotR

Are you actually saying that you don't think films like Mulholland Drive or In the Mood for Love are already classics? Because they clearly are. Modern should apply to films that haven't been around long enough to have gathered such a consensus.