What does Sup Forums think of Flying Lotus...

What does Sup Forums think of Flying Lotus? Going through his discographyin one sitting (I've heard all of them already though, except 1983) right now, currently at Cosmogramma, which is probably my favorite.

I like Until The Quiet Comes
Don't care too much for the rest

He's a genius. He's one of the best artists in the game right now. Cosmogramma is the peak but You're Dead is massively underrated.

overrated by ppl who just got into electronic music.
cosmogramma probably has the worst mixing i've heard in an album. literally just eq everything at max

LA>You're Dead>Cosmogramma>1983>ITQC
All of them are good though and LA is probably my favorite album of all time.

*UTQC

>FLYING LOTUS IN 3-D

What do people mean by "eq:ing at max"? I'm not too familiar with mixing.

bumpo

this is correct although i don’t think he’s underrated

also utqc is EASILY his worst

He's great, I really enjoyed his latest work "You're Dead!".

>black
>electronic producer
pick one, pleb

>muh mixing
Stop listening to music right now.

Is everyone a newfag or is "what does Sup Forums think about x" just an ironic meme

For me it isn't a meme, I just wanted to spark some conversaion of FlyLo, that's all

EQ is equalization, which allows you to control how loud each frequency is. So you can cut out all the bass and make it sound thinner, or you can boost the lows and cut out all the highs and make it sound muffled etc. It's used in mixing to highlight the frequencies you want and cut out those that are less desirable (if an instrument sounds muddy you would cut around ~400hz, if you want it to sound brighter you would boost in the 5khz area). If you go too extreme with it you can make the sound unnatural, but done tastefully you can "carve" your EQ to really highlight the sound and let it fit into a mix more balanced.

Now, I've never really heard anyone use "EQing to the max" as a phrase but I assume he means it sounds too unnatural to him? It's been a few years since I listened to Cosmogramma so I can't really agree or disagree.

He invented the super sidechained chill lofi hip hop beats to study to sound, but he also was the only one who did it really fucking well

uhhhh what?.... Nujabes? J dilla?

The Dilla sound influenced FlyLo for sure, but it wasn't nearly as extremely down low and bass heavy as Los Angeles for example. Nujabes is great but not on the same level imo

Son sit down.

I definitely hear the R&B/funk influence, but not really what I was talking about. Thanks btw, I had heard songs by him but didn't know the name

If you weren't a flaming newfag you'd know Sup Forums's opinions

bump