What does Sup Forums think of longboards?

What does Sup Forums think of longboards?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KH0RHMzoHcE
thekitchenskatepark.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've known 4 people who've had one. 3 were police informants over bullshit like getting arrested for weed.

0/10 are skaters who couldn’t learn ollies

i'm jealous of every fag i see with one of these on my university campus

FAG SHIT

Penny boards are where it’s at

Cooler than sk8boarding I got an arbor axis on paris raws 190mms and have an OC custom milled cindrich stiffy on 180mm Paris purple passions both on orangutang orange. Haven't ridden a lot recently since moving to the city but it's always a blast riding.

i used to longboard, then it got overinvaded by alot of fag 16 year olds that think spilling the contents of their skull on the ground at 80 mph with no helmet on is cool and steezy. i sold all my shit and got a mountain bike because real niggas ride mountain bikes.

stay away from Original brand brands, its over priced shit for hipster faggots.

Paris trucks and abec11 wheels are life.

nelson longboards was the bomb but they closed shop

get some gloves and a helmet

do slidey tricks down hills its fun and dangerous as fuck

>Faster/easier transportation than walking.
>Easier transportation than regular skateboards.
>Less of a hassle than a bike.
>Mostly seen on college campuses, because that's where their function shines most.
>I'm indifferent.
I could never ride any sort of board without busting my ass, but I got no reason to hate.

>cooler then skateboarding
How is pushing a doing literally nothing else cooler than skateboarding?

Also post your fag setup

gay af

>cooler than skateboarding
Found an user who can't even kickflip.
KEK.

No that was pic related. It's cooler cause you go faster, look classier it's it's hopelessly removed just a little bit from the negative hood rat skateboard stigma. And here's an earlier pic with the other aluminium board which got messed up which is why it's shorter.

I can't ollie on it, seriously how do you guys even ride these, you can't even properly stop yourself. Those tails would be ground to sawdust in a single ride.

Arbor has such good decks, I dig that shit.

Longboarding is p cool, pretty underrated, not many know how fun downhill longboarding is, going upwards of 50-60mph on piece of wood and busting 20feet slides and shit is just fucking exhilarating. But more commonly longboard just boils down to college kids who just put put around their campus with their stock sector 9 and penny board bologna bullshit.

Longboarding gets hate cause of those hipsters who ride them around town.

Downhill longboarding is the fucking shit and is fun reaching speeds of 50kmh on random roads and busting a sick slide

Had an arbiter 36 with orangatang wheels and calibur trucks

Fuck those trash sector 9's. I went with the Arbor Axis was trying to get a sub $200 build ended with $212. The Axis was the smaller version of the Assault platform. Love that style beats pintails for me.

Learn to slide? I mean that’s pretty much one of the biggest parts of long boarding dude, get some gloves and teach yourself how to slide and then you can stop your board at p much any speed at any time

retarded unless hauling ass down a mountain. cant go up curbs. cant take sharp turns around side walk intersections. people who ride them on campuses are doing it to look cool. extremely impractical.

You can ollie on longboards if you're good lmao

I don't know man, I'm only 21 and I feel like a dinosaur, a skateboard just seems useful for way more stuff. Not just tricks, a skateboard is shorter, easier to stop, and usually easier to get around busier places.I can't give up my rusted to hell Zero board from like 12 years ago, it might not have tape or the paint anymore, and yes it's rusty as hell, but it's still a pro board and riding it and doing tricks still feels awesome. And yes, I can still race with it, almost got to 30mph when I was 15, shit was cash.

>this guy says he can ollie on a fucking longboard bro, he must be pro! lets get his autograph!

For wheeled travel a bike is arguably the most practical. But when you have a nice 20% decline them butt clenching speeed wobbles cause you lost your 10mm socket to tighten the trucks.

Ah, I’ll agree about the going faster and looking classier. Having to push 10x harder on a skateboard isn’t all worth it. Nice setup though man.
Here’s mine.
Ignore the snowskate

Oh yeah dude, I never really liked pintails too much but I agree arbor has some nice decks, they’re quality too. I think my setup ran me like 200-250 as well, it was a bustin shrike 36” with 50deg caliber 2s and some otangs that I can’t remember. I mean shit I haven’t been into longboarding in a couple years but I used to run that and switch out the deck to a land yachtz time machine for downhill.

I already posted but I'll say it again, I can't give up my rusty pro board for something like that. Besides I like the versatility of a shorter ride. Longboards are like drag cars, they don't turn very well at high speeds when compared to regular old boards.

Depends on terrain honestly. But I stand by my orignal statement that unless hauling ass down a mountain longboards are for fucking faggots to look cool wearing sandals pushing mongo into their psych 101 class

I found practicality in the endurance capabilities of a nice board with good wheels and ceramic bearings. But give me any board short or long with a good unsprung setup and Id gladly do a 15 mile ride...well once I quit smoking and maybe hit a gym

I feel ya, if I had more time during the day and didn't live in the bumfuck midwest, I'd ride more. I need to lay off the soda and start running again kek.

You have a point but I can't agree with the turning aspect. Nothing can turn better at speed than a tuned in carving board, pull 1.5 g's no problem. However I've never takin a classic skateboard past 20.

And I'm just going to add this in defense of every form of road boarding nothing beats the skill required to freeboard. I can't even do it right because you have to go fucking fast for it to work.

The world record is like 40mph on a flat road, but I'll never try to beat that. I had really strong legs when I was a kid and no talent on a board until before I quit riding. I won't knock it, at least people are getting outside and exercising, you know? I'm trying to stay active all throughout my 20's, I don't want to die at 40 with a medium fry in my hands. Ride what you guys want kek

Aha I like that comparison. I like going fast bruh bruh, I was always ass at skating anyways so I just naturally gravitated towards longboarding. Honestly tho you really can get a longboard that serves very well in the aspect of like short distance and flat ground, you just gotta kinda build that style of board. Long boarding has a lot of variety,I mean you can have a 40” drop through deck with 300dollar precision trucks and like 76mm wheels that could handle going 60mph or like a 32” standard board with some lower degree and more mobile trucks with some small wheels that are just used for tricks, slides and just more practical shit.

Yea at the end of the day none of us are fit enough to actually have an argument about exercise equipment. Like we get outside when there are forums to post on at 3am

Seriously you're not wrong. Jesus I got fat, like 30 pounds overweight fat. I need to get to bed, I'm clocking out.

I think they were cool when I was 17-18 and entering college, but now they're stupid hipster bullshit that isn't even remotely practical for getting around when you can't stop without running into something.

>muh slides!
None of you can fucking "slide" and if you tried, you'd skin yourself on pavement/gravel.

These things are for scooting around your neighborhood, but that's about it. Try riding one of these on a busy city street and you're fucked.

You're problably a fat cunt, thats why you're meant to fucking wear knee pads you dumb cunt, i fell of a fuck ton trying to learn but knee pads saved my knees from being fucked, i bet you try to bomb hills without a helmet to look cool

Longboards are pretty fucking lame

This is my setup

>that deck
Either that’s brand new or you’re a poser

Can't stop? I've burnt so many holes in my Fallen skate shoes I can even count. I learned left foot reverse so my dominant foot is in back. So you use your other foot to drag the pavement (heel drag) to slow down. Save the pavement face fuck from happening.

It is brand new, new bushings berrings and hardware. Trucks are older than you.

youtube.com/watch?v=KH0RHMzoHcE

nigga watt

Those trucks look like they’ve never seen a ledge

They've seen plenty, you just have shitty trucks made of hollow aluminum

i've seen lots of girls using this things. they re cute :3

Ooh yeah biddies wit titties riding one of these things mmmhm

That's dope

That’s funny because last I checked Ventures weren’t hollow baby

>venture trucks
I remember when I was 14
Get some indy's ya fuckin candyass

Cost as much as a bike. Slower than a bike. Can't do tricks. Defeats every purpose it's designed around. Might as well buy a fucking bike if you want to get around

My nigga

ONE EIGHT HELLRIDE!! MOTHERFUCKING ANTI HERO

core skaterat. last thing i thought i'd ever see on Sup Forums

Yeeeeeeeewwww

>I’m 14 so I’ll call everyone else 14
Independents are for niggas who can’t do flip tricks. How does it feel riding trucks made for retards?

>designed for cruising and downhill racing
>does exactly that
Wat

Til the day I die motherfucker

Don't have set up but here's some dawgs and I. I agree with you, FUCK LONGBOARDS

Calm your ass down before I bend you over my fuckin knee kiddo. You don't know a damn thing. Keep doing shitty looking tre flips and putting kodak black over your instagram videos wanna be nigger

gay shit, ride a bicycle. give up the loud shitty boards that just mk ultra u more bambam

we bosting shred sleds?

FUCK LONGBOARDS

Damn man, that looks like a fuckin awesome spot. I havent had a backyard halfpipe session in years... Rock on brother

are royal trucks any good? i can get a pair for cheap during boxing day but im just getting into this shit

The homies have arrived

>nigger
Whew, you’re trying really hard. Let me know how your Instagram edit is going while I finish up my on my disc release

waiting for someone to say sticking their ass out and putting there hands behind their back is sicker than these posts

skateboarding is for underage vapesters, i grew out of that shit by high school. get a motorcycle

going down a hill at 40mph>shitty nose pick on a shitty quarter

>b..but muh 40mph

I've hit 30 on this board, go drink some fucking craft beer

dumping sk8 photos of me and friends

pretty dope i have one will be getting a second

post more
any NC skateboarders in here?

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is shocked when the girl is suddenly punched into a door by a stranger. But before he can be punched as well, he is saved by a skateboarding loli who calls him Daddy. It turns out she's his daughter from the future who's there to help him get together with her mother so that she'd be born. However, since the mother is lying on the floor as a door, the two wonder what to do, when they are suddenly recruited by an agency called Supernatural, Paranormal, and Extraterrestrial Countermeasure Agency (shortened as SPECA).

The agency, comprised of Christmas Cakes that can adapt and adjust to magic or ESP, is investigating the sudden increase of doors in the world, and has narrowed the cause down to a murder club that makes doors by punching people so hard they turn into a door. Each day, a person is turned into a door by them every 0.56 seconds.

The future daughter is initiated into the Yuri Cake harem, but the boy, not wanting to cause an uproar among the Agency female operatives, joins only as a Top-Secret Operative. His assignment is also entirely different; he is given a V.S.L.D (Virtual Sky Lantern Device). This device contains six chambers, each chamber can hold a 'LANTERN'. These LANTERNS contain energized prayers that can obliterate targets when shot.

Unfortunately, the director's daughter, Takumie Sudo, knows of the boy. She fell in love with the boy long time ago, but unable to confess, she becomes an Androgyny Dyke, and she is all out to destroy whatever relationships the boy has with his daughter.

The boy, his daughter, and Takumie now have to work together unwillingly to stop the leader of the murder club from turning more people into doors. But WHY is he doing all this? That's right, the bastard wants WORLD PEACE!!

I think I'll call it 'Kono KEIotikku Monogatari wa TAIhen na Mono Desuyone'(This CHAOTIC Story is a Big Fucking Mess), short form 'KEITAI'.

Florida here bro

Snowed out in nwi

Went there once. Skated monument/ed austin skatepark in jacksonville. Extremely humid
Jesus Christ. thankful im in the south. Fuck winter

Take them trucks off and skate the park

Gonna go skating after work today. Also longboards are for fags

Monuments a cool ass place. I went there a few years back. I'm over in tallahassee and the parks fuckin suck here. I wanna go to kona beach park one of these days

Longboards are where its at

Fuck yes. never had DVS but I have a homie who used to be flow for them, always had good shit to say

I own both a penny and a longboard.

Both completely different rides my dude.

Longboards are the shit better ride all round. Penny are only good for portability.

These fuckin faggy things may as well come with a vape and a straw hat

Fuck winter indeed, it’s been a steady 10 degrees all week and the nearest indoor park is the kitchen.
We northerns invest in snowskates
>pic related

theyre great

if not for longboards, it would be harder to tell who the faggots who cant really skate are; longboard riders are almost guaranteed to be male feminists/numales

Monument is sick! Damn you're far as fuck from everything. You made the treck to tampa yet? I went for tampa pro in 2014 and it was so goddamn fun. New concrete section is crazy and somehow one of the guys in our group knew the dude that runs The Boardr, so I randomly got to skate that too lol

>gonna tell my friends this at the skatepark tomorrow and they're going to laugh

It's better to put big OJ wheels on a normal skateboard, and you'll be able to do ollie and shit, I've seen some dude doing 360 flip down the stairs on that.
But anyway skateboard is shit nowadays, all that kids in thrasher tees and hoodies all around, that's just sad.

closest for me is dining room. pic related

Hell yeah I went to SPOT all the time when I was a youngin. Went there when they finished the concrete course, its fuckin awesome. Also went there last year for tampa am. My buddy jake illardi placed 4th it was sick. He went on to win am getting paid this year and won 10k. So many good skaters coming out of florida these days.

Pretty much every skatekiddo I know is a libtard-feminist-vegan-antifa that actually believe they are way better than normies around.

its good that you entertain the girls while they watch their bf's skate

thekitchenskatepark.com/

Hardest part about riding a longboard is telling your family you're gay.