Pay your respects Sup Forums

After two months of continuous siege, cut off from the rest of the world and heavily outnumbered, the Muslim Ottomans besieged the Byzantine capital Constantinople. The Christian defenders fell.

Today in history, 563 years ago

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCpiumHmUE5EZeLTftxv9qGw
youtube.com/watch?v=0r376MkZwLIGo
tldm.org/News3/impostor.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even more intruguing, both sides were literally believing that the world was about to end.

I wonder if in those days did Constantinople have traitors inside the walls shouting religion of peace and all that other nonsense?

Bump

500 Muslims Ottoman defectors actually helped defend the city

Probably due to the fact that the current regime betrayed the Christian Crusaders within its walls (The Crusaders helped a prince get back his throne from the corrupt government in exchange for money and the prince was about to pay them back until the prince was killed and the government ordered the knights to be killed and the knights kicked ass and fought their way out of the city until they escaped leaving 1/4 of the city in ruins but fags like to lie about this saying that the Crusaders attacked the city for no good reason than to loot it and kill fellow Christians)

That is true due to some Ottomans seeing no reason to invade for the most part.

F

true but in fact it was the beginning of the end for Christendom

I am surprised this thread doesn't have more posters since a lot of fags on Sup Forums talk about retaking this city.

Yeah, the thread is pretty much dead

A day before the final battle, Catholic venetians abandoned the city in their ships, and so permanently metastasized the schism between Catholicism and orthodoxy . In the final battle, Constantine the 11th threw off all of his Imperial regalia and led a charge into the ottoman Hordes. His body was never found.

You seem like you really know the subject, very interesting. I actually believed the whole "crusaders attacked fellow Christians for moneyyyy" I'll have to read more into it

*slurp slurp*
kys christfags

We will retake the city someday.

Kill yourself

Pol is a bunch of idiots who hate blacks and spics, they are fucking savages

Somewhat that is true in northern europe but those knights were rogue and far and few and were excommunicated fast and were exile from most of Europe also the pope denounced these fags only becoming crusaders for personal gain. Here is a channel for you if you wish to know more youtube.com/channel/UCpiumHmUE5EZeLTftxv9qGw he debunks myths and only uses primary sources that were written in those times instead of some college students opinion on what happened also he has a masters in history (specializing in the Crusades)

Nah the Old Sup Forums was far better as in you could have a good conversation with someone on politics but my god has Trump and his Alt-"right" fags ruined that and turned it into memeville and now we are passing Sup Forums on amount of users.

He is Anti-Pope False Prophet

It will be too late by then on the Latin side of Europe to help out but since Constantinople was a Eastern Greek City, I would say they would have a good chance.

Shame Old Sup Forums would flood this thread but new Sup Forums Trumpfags have no interest in Christendom and Morals and rely on memes to fill their lack of decent discussion.

>they are fucking savages
>says the Mexican

Also my latin brother, why are the Neo-White Nationalists on this board attacking Christ? like this fag I bet is one of them like "We wuz thor and shit and better off without Christcuckism!!!!!!!1111111" like how can you believe that? Europe under paganism was awful like in Rome pedophilia and even cannibalism was there and savage blood orgies in the north too. How can these fags justify that also Christ united Europe too (until the protestant reformation of course)

It's fucking criminal that we didn't kick them out and take this shit back when the ottoman empire collapsed. Fucking eternal anglos, I swear.

Also, a large part of why they were able to take constantinople was because the city was absolutely obliterated by the plague. What was left was an empty shell of its former self, and the ottomans were able to easily waltz in and take it.

The entire byzantine empire got cucked hard by the plague.

That is just a meme my friend, most Mexicans are regular people like you or me except the are a tad bit poorer. Not every mexican is in the Cartel. Back in the 1910's and 20's they used to be a near 1st world nation until their economy went bad and millionaires lost their money overnight. It was shit.

That and most people leaving due to the invading Turks and corrupt government too.

Also we could just retake it back then due to 11 million Muslims living there and do you think that they would leave willingly?

At least the silver lining is that all the people fleeing to italy triggered the renaissance.

*couldn't

You have conveniently skipped the animosity between the Genoese & Venetian traders and the Byzantines, which was the main motive behind the sacking. Catholics dindu nuffin

Restoration of Constantinople when

orthodox christian masturbation thread or why they lost all the battles and territories to muslims and why its always someone elses (joos, crusaders, venetians, devil pope .... etc.) fault.

turkey has been a third world shithole ever since the ottoman empire collapsed 100 years ago. It could've easily been done. Are you really that unfamiliar with all the major demographic changes that can occur in situations like these? How did the turks get rid of the original byzantine inhabitants? Or for a more modern example, just look at the polish-german border pre- and post-ww2. Poland obtained a lot of german clay. Today it's all polish and all the germans were physically removed. Danzig is now Gdansk. This is how things work.

They were excommunicated for that sure and just became mercs and venice lost interest with them in fear of further denouncing by the pope which would fuck with their trade but I am talking about the lie that the Crusaders came to the city for no good reason other than to sack it and burn the whole city down which isn't true at all and they were only there due to a prince hiring them to retake his throne and the government killing the prince and attempting to kill the knights. Go die Ottoman Turk roach.

>How did the turks get rid of the original byzantine inhabitants?
They didn't, the Byzantine were severely undermanned which helped the Ottomans take the city. The Orthodox Church was also kept intact as Ottomans benefited from exerting their influence through religious soft power against the Catholic Europe.
The few Greeks who stayed in Istanbul left in a pogrom, but that's another story.

Yeah but by that time seeds have been sown in the west of white guilt and the British (Protestant) and French(Roman Catholic) had no interest in a Eastern Orthodoxy city either plus WW1 just ended and you know how hard that would be to move like 11 million people who don't wanna fucking leave?

Entry level knowledge of Byzantine court intrigues, I thought this was /his/ for some reason. My bad, please lecture me with your knowledge obtained from YouTube videos.

Stop watching fox news, I probably live better than most americans

you're a fuckin retarded kikecuck. follow this guys advice

The point remains that physically removing 11 million snackbars from Constantinople is not impossible.

Deus Vult, Mehmet

Exactly Constantinople had like no fucking people in it due to disease,corruption and you guys invading asia minor too.

Well have fun in a Pagan Europe that is degenerate adulterland waiting to be conquered by Islam. Oh wait's already like that! Looks like your wish came true!

thanks for reminding me about one more thing catolicucks fucked up

youtube.com/watch?v=0r376MkZwLIGo fuck yourself

accidental reply to you here sorry

They are just a bunch of people that think that they are special in some way

They don't even realize that without traditional Christianity Europe would be filled with savages and pedophiles and the americas with cannibals and daily sacrifices to false gods.

Traditional Christianity was the only religion that unified an entire continent of people that hated each other.

It wasn't until Luthero and the French revolution that everything went to shit

looking at their middle class status probably 70% of US polaks are quite poor.

>t. catolicuck

Exactly but "Muh Thor" fags like too talk about how awesome it was being a viking that burned down libraries in Rome and sacked Religious building while being very stupid themselves. How can one be proud of that?

The US isn't by any means a 1st world country, of course Mexico is not the heaven but at least we don't act like we are

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How about you watch the video instead of spouting out meme replies faggot. This is why a Leftist runs your government because people like you spout out copypasta replies instead of learning.

If you compare Muh thur fags with the vikings, the vikings turn out to be a lot smarter, at least they knew how to navigate through the seas, these odinistic fags that claim to be their "descendants" don't even know how to prepare cereal

not going to waste my caped mobile internet on any shit catolicucks send me when they get angry.
now go kiss some dindu feet like a good goy somewhere els

Christcucks btfo

If you read the bible you would know that he is a False Prophet talked about in Revelations and you just proved my point that you would rather waste your time spouting meme replies than learning but oh well the ignorant that are in ignorance of ignorance can never be taught.

True these people are complete retards and saying that they are vikings gives them too much credit and these faggots are multiplying on this board too purposefully going into Christian Generals spouting their memes.

"""learn"""
do you mean read a manuscript that was made to control the masses?
theres nothing holy about any of the religious texts, its all made up by some devious bastard.

I was talking about the video I linked him to disproving the claim that Catholic Knights attack the city of Constantinople for no good reason but I can see your reading comprehension skills are shit and you can't read replies before mine.

>I thank all for the advice which you have given me.I know that my going out of the city might be of some benefit to me,
inasmuch as all that you foresee might really happen. But it is impossible for me to go away! How could I leave the churches of our Lord, and his servants the clergy,
and the throne, and my people in such a plight? What would the world say about me?
I pray you, my friends, in the future do not say to me anything else but, 'Nay, sire, do not leave us!' Never, never will I leave you. I am resolved to die here with you!"
-
Constantine XI Palaeologus

>If you read the bible you would know that he is a False Prophet talked about in Revelations and you just proved my point that you would rather waste your time spouting meme replies than learning but oh well the ignorant that are in ignorance of ignorance can never be taught.

By the way without that book and "Christcuckism" you would be fucking nothing niether would your nation because implying Islam wouldn't conquer your pagan ass like they did the Persians, you would be PreSpain South America-tier and nothing but a bunch of tribes and savages that accomplished almost nothing.

allright lad thanks for telling us how history would of spanned out if it wasnt for muh jesus

readthen see what I mean by
you just proved my point that you would rather waste your time spouting meme replies than learning but oh well the ignorant that are in ignorance of ignorance can never be taught

Do you have Aspergers where you can't understand what the fuck you are reading?

forgot to greentext
>you just proved my point that you would rather waste your time spouting meme replies than learning but oh well the ignorant that are in ignorance of ignorance can never be taught

Im not going to read this whole thread about muh deus vult shit, i just saw you telling him to LEARN FROM DA BIBUL

>if you read the bible
>bible
news flash. money is the new religion. i only sum the numbers on my euro bills. it is the totality of how thing work now, and the netural order of things.

>leaving the holy mother church because of some masonic shill

top lel

tldm.org/News3/impostor.htm

when I use the word "and" in that reply it's like I am talking about something else within the context of my sentence but you both have Aspergers which is pretty common on this site tbqh so I am not surprised that your Aspergers made your reading comprehension shit.

Is there anything better than Christian art and architecture?

>Calloing it Co0nstantinople
Fuck you and fuck anyone who uses that name
It's the city of Byzantium, and before you spread your pursed asshole of a mouth to retort about it being in the Byzantine Empire already it's not the same thing even remotely

those faces are so weird

Eastern Orthodoxy purposefully does that to give it it's own uniqueness and for other religious reasons.

theyre byzantine style icons

this picture inaccurately represents jesus.

no depiction of jesus ever has that nigger smile or even smirk.

how dare a nigger make him smile.

I don't like how placid his face looks

no it does not, it just got stuck in gothic painting period which used no perspective and extruded bodies.

literally est emp fell in 15c when gothicism was nearly ending

I pay my respects by pressing G

Then why do Orthodox Churches still use the same style painting even Russian paintings until soviet times used it m8 also the Byzantines had better forms of painting but the church didn't progress on it though when it came to painting.
Exactly my point Byzantines were progressing like the rest but the church kept it due to thinking its a better Representation of god

Post more Crusades art.

>Orthodox Churches still use the same style
traditions

I know but this fag said bullshit on that which what I was describing

>editing Grimshaw

whoever did this should go fuck themselves

Insulting him is not very christian of you, you should wash and kiss his feet instead.

Fucking jews opened the gate I swear I was there

centre of orx crch fell, russia was never centre of orx chrch. artistic direction came from above, and not from the bottom.after crash orx crches did not evolved in architecture nor art.

No instead I should just laugh at you for your ignorance and aspergers.

Moscow was sort of the Center to a point for the new church and was declared so but the church kept the art style.

also can you spell the shit out more instead of using abbreviations?

you can't build an army with fedora dwellers and cucks. i'm not interested in go and figth mudslimes myself, but i'll help funding the next crusade if it happends, so you can have my (you)

Do you even history

>Vikings burning down monasteries in Ireland never happened

>Sacking Rome and burning many libraries turning Rome into a shithole never happened

Please the only thing vikings could make up for is their maritime shit

i just told you orx art direction came from top down, and not vice versa. russia was not in that point a civilsation to push art. so it stayed undeveloped.

and it got accepted as such.