Getting an MRI soon... is it painful Sup Forums?

Getting an MRI soon... is it painful Sup Forums?

No.

/Thread

worst pain I ever felt. it will be excruciating - man, prepare yourself for the most awful day of your life.

if you have any size metal piece in your head it will fry you, and theres no way to know beforehand, think fork in a microwave

no, just boring

no, but it is annoying. imagine a heavy bass industrial techno shaking through you for 25 minutes. more pleasant than it sounds

This. If you can sleep through noise, your biggest problem will be staying awake.

how come?

Can you bring your headphones and listen to music? Serious question

No.

i had an mri done to me and i have pins in 2 of my fake teeth and i even told the doc and i survived

It feels like the fluid around your brain slowly begins to boil, but it is just neural misfirings from the intense magnetic fields. Depends how long you're in there and the strength of the machine

Because you just fucking lie there in a tube while the machine makes noises.

Depends on what the purpose of the scan is. You cannot bring anything with metal into the room, the MRI is a massive electric magnet. Sometimes, depending on what they are doing, there's screens inside the machine and they can play a bit of a movie or whatever.

there's gonna be some strong magnets rotating around you
it'll be loud, but that's about it
no pain, no headphones, nothing. just you and nothing made from metal nearby

now if you have prison tattoos or any screws inside your body, you may wanna tell your doc

When I had it done they played music over it, but I can't imagine how loud it must have been to play over the sound of the machine itself. If you do somehow end up falling asleep, just try not to move, because it fucks it up.

Ever been to a crap 90's german techno club?, same thing but with less drugs.

Absolutely not. The only annoying thing is the "Don't breathe" aspect of it.

Can't you just buy a xanax and pop it before? It's mostly just annoying.

no dude, that would not end well. a big fuck off electro magnet will surround your head, rending, pulling and tearing at anything metal.

inb4 'can I listen to hip - hop instead'

>falling asleep

How the fuck would someone need to sleep waiting for like 20 min?

No, you won't feel a thing. It's pretty much just a huge magnet and a bunch of little magnets. Pic related.

how do i know if there isn't a piece of metal in my head

You will know trust me. If you do, you are gonna be wasted painfully.

That picture is how they show it on tv. Real thing is much smaller and darker. Also went in head first, not feet first. Claustrophobic.

No, but most of them will play your music for you in the room if you bring it with you

>feet first

>most of them will play your music for you in the room if you bring it with you
Like... any music? or pop/rock/rap shit

>insert metal buttplug before
>magentic field starts vibrating it inside you
>cum buckets

I took a cd the last time I had a mri and they played it for me, I doubt if they care what your music tastes are

The doctor will do a checklist with you.

Big misconception is that little pieces of metal are attracted to the magnet in the same way as big pieces. That's not actually true, the force exerted on an object is proportional to the size of the object. That's why metal brace wires behind your teeth aren't really a problem for MRI from a safety perspective. All it would do is cause some signal drop around your head. If on the other hand you had a large plate of metal implanted and that metal was ferromagnetic, that would be a problem. But that would come up in the checklist.

You'll be fine.

Only if you need a dye injection and the nurses are shit.

fucking lol

OP whatever you feel, just dont move or twitch inside.
Godspeed.