youtube.com/watch?v=xFPZ7pou3NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vNGQYnbP1us
youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4Ij58497Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

What's the album name

Pagan Altar

does anyone have the anti nu-male chart or whatever

Holy shit where has this band been all my life.

Salem
Samson
Satan
Savage
Saxon
Shy
Silverwing
Spider
Stampede
Starfighters
Stratus
Sweet Savage

and thats just the S

Raven.

Girlschool was good for an all female band
Witchfinder General was one of the first bands part of the whole NWOBHM to do the whole Black Sabbath "Doom Metal" style right the first time, but only released two albums before breaking up. I was gonna mention Saxon, but somebody already beat me to it.

AND MOTORHEAD IS NOT HEAVY METAL! (And Venom sounds like Discharge with a different singer and shittier recording /production qualities)

There was also a band called Axe Witch which nobody seems to remember.

Blitzkrieg

>Motörhead is not metal
Do you have autism?

>AND MOTORHEAD IS NOT HEAVY METAL! (And Venom sounds like Discharge with a different singer and shittier recording /production qualities)

No.
Are you literate?
do you know how to read?
Lemmy said many times in interviews that Motorhead was not a heavy metal band!

Do you have ears?
Are you deaf?
Motorhead had much more in common with Little Richard, Chuck Berry and even ZZ Top than they did with Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, or Diamondhead. Jeez, they even covered Beer Drinkers, and Hell Raisers, for cryin' out loud!

Next you'll be telling me The Headcats were heavy metal because Lemmy fronted them, or that Body Count is a rap group because Ice-T fronted them.

Witchfinder General

I, too, laugh at people who seriously think Motorhead is a Heavy Metal band.

See I do, however, commend you on your excellent taste in music.

Have you listend to Inferno, Orgasmatron, sacrifice, any other modern Motörhead album? Or did you just listen to Ace Of Spades and Overkill? Even those albums are pretty fucking metal.

Pagan Altar

youtube.com/watch?v=8N_CgujIAgk

any album will do

>Starts NWOBHM thread
>No Iron Maiden
>Posts first IM album.

Of three you mentioned Orgasmatron is the worst one, even though it does have a few good songs.

Sacrifice and Inferno are much better.

I have a rather large Motorhead collection and was a "Motorheadbanger" back when they got booed off the stage because people thought they were PUNK. (Yeah, I'm probably old enough to be your father)

I know my metal, and I know my rock and roll, and while the albums you mention definitely have some metal overtones, I don not consider those albums, or Motorhead, in general, a heavy metal band, and neither did Lemmy.

Name a Motorhead album, and I probably have it. (I've got so many albums, including so many Motorhead albums, I tend to forget what's actually in my collection, but I have all the Fast Eddie albums, and everything after that they put out in the 1980s. As for anything after 1990, I'd have to go through my collection, but I most certainly have Inferno and Sacrifice)

I guess at this point it just comes down to what people define as "metal". Motörhead has so many different sounds it's too hard to pin down their genre.

The last couple of times I saw Motorhead, (The last being 8 years ago at the Chicago location of HOB) Lemmy ended the show by saying WE ARE MOTORHEAD, AND WE PLAY ROCK AND ROLL!

I think that about sums it up quite nicely.

Post demi obscure
Angel Witch
Cruxifiction
Traitors gate

Another user here, but Lemmy's definition of Rock and Roll may be a bit out of touch. When I think about Rock and Roll I think about Elvis, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, etc.

Motorhead for me is a Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band. Maybe it's me who have a broader definition of the Metal genre, I don't know.

This

I always felt Motorhead had more in common with who you mentioned than it did with heavy metal. (Even though The Headcats would be a better example)

Actually, I was listening to ZZTop the other day, and I thought THEY sounded more like Motorhead, than Motorhead, and ZZ Top isn't a heavy metal band. (And I'm being dead serious here. I'm not saying that just because Motorhead covered Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers)

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure you're more familiar with Motorheads discography. I'm planning to listen to more fromthem soon.

>Them

It is just Lemmy and whoever sticks.

And i could play fuccking folk and at the end claim i play jazz. Doesn't matter what he wanted to be called, the truth is, motorhead is metal.

They were a band that play rock and roll music

I like Judas Priest's first 4 albums if they count

LARP harder

Angel of Retribution was also good

With the possible exception of Orgasmatron, Motorhead never put out a bad album, and even Orgasmatron has a few good songs on it. Have fun.

You probably think AC/DC and Led Zepplin are metal. Your reply makes no sense whatsoever.

Well, it depends on the individual in question.
Judas Priest have actually been around since 1974, and when people talk about the NWOBHM they are usually referring to bands that came out in the late 70s-early 80s like Diamondhead, Saxon, Iron Maiden, and the like, but since Judas Priest didn't really gain any popularity (At least in the U.S.) until the late 70s, many consider them to be part of the whole NWOBHM scene. Back in the 70s, at least in the U.S. once again, the true fans of JP also knew about bands like The Tygers of Pan Tang and Budgie and other bands of that ilk.

I first saw Motorhead in 1981 on their Ace of Spades tour with the original line up.
They were opening for Ozzy Osbourne.
I almost got my ass kicked at that show because I was one of the few people actually CHEERING for Motorhead.
Everybody was waiting for Ozzy, and I remember people throwing beer bottles at Lemmy and shouting "Punk rock sucks"!
Where were you in 1981?
YOU PROBABLY WEREN'T EVEN BORN YET!
YOU THINK I'M LARPING? FUCK YOU, FAGGOT! KYS you fucking piece of shit!

embarrassing that this wasn't the first reply

lol what retirement home do you live at? im gonna email them and tell them to block Sup Forums on their wifi

*blocks your path*
*teleports behind you*
youtube.com/watch?v=Z4XrbZqEoEc

Everyone talking about Moorhead's punk elements which are there as Lemmy said the punk scene embraced Lemmy and his crew but really he always just saw themselves as rock n roll

but Iron Maiden had the same in their early days when they had Paul Di'Anno as their frontman
youtube.com/watch?v=2yTKTjYhKNI
oddly enough Dickinson was not a fan of punk music so that maybe the change of direction in their sound

>Witchfinder General was one of the first bands part of the whole NWOBHM to do the whole Black Sabbath "Doom Metal" style right the first time
I love me some Witchfinder General and Pentagram is the other band to nail that Sabbath style down

some others to throw into the mix
Quartz
Grim Reaper
Demon
Blitzkrieg
youtube.com/watch?v=ivxbiVxUdhc
basically anything with this riff
youtube.com/watch?v=eoyEVTN_h9I

that bring up all the non British band with the same sound you should definitely still listen too
Heavy Load
Accept
Riot
and fucking give Manowar a try

to me I always lump in early power metal bands with the NWOBHM in my playlists and they don't seem out of place stuff like Manilla Road and Savage

>pic related
stuff you'll like from this era (mostly stuff from last year) a must listen is Eternal Champion! they fucking rock

literally just search NWOBHM ALBUMS on youtube and check out the ones that have cool band names/album covers

Ok gramps

Do you respect the silence that serves as the foundation for creativity?

youtube.com/watch?v=K_EvkF1--Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=gy4eCb3n32E
youtube.com/watch?v=uKIv6A6AdXU
youtube.com/watch?v=xFPZ7pou3NQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vNGQYnbP1us
youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4Ij58497Q