What is your opinion about hens?

What is your opinion about hens?

i kinda like them.. but.. they are a bit suspicious. but still like them. i'm not a robot.

I don't like them.

tasty

if you're being literal, hens are great. you need a rooster for ever 6-12 hens though. they'll be much happier if you let them roam free in the yard. each has their own personality that you'll be able to see in time. i wish i still owned chickens

Why 1 cock and 6 hend

i'd assume to keep em in line and keep breeding or some shit.

I appreciate them. They give us tasty eggs to eat. All chickens are dumb as shit. Will literally eat anything.

he keeps them safe, keeps them in line. he also keeps them fucked daily, which stimulates egg production

I had 2 in the garden but I gave them away a couple of weeks ago. They used to peck the shit out of my hands, the little faggots. I miss them tho.

They are happy with a bit free space, don´t make that much work and give you eggs and lil chickens if you have a cock
Whats not to like about them

J'aime les poules !

cute but I've seen them eat all sorts of weird shit. mice, cicadas, larvae nests, their unborn babies, other hen's unborn babies, other hens' flesh, and just about anything that moves

I just like chickens in general. Cool lookin birds, plus you can eat them.

>just about anything that moves
yeah. they'll eat anything they can fit into their mouth, user.

i like them, farm animals are in general the best

>farm animals are in general the best
city dwellers can't compete

I keep 6 of them
They are like children to me
Tasty children that give me their delicious abortions every day
I laugh when they bathe in dirt
But it's not funny when they come into the house without wiping their claws first

>But it's not funny when they come into the house without wiping their claws first
u wot mate?
you let them come inside your house? whew

He's full of shit
Farmers keep flocks of thousands without a single rooster
Without a rooster one of the hens out of 6 will usually become aggressive / defensive like a rooster
Completely unnecessary to own a rooster
Owning a rooster means not eating your eggs anymore because they will be fertilized
I've had eagles fly over my yard and seen my smallest hen throwing a fit making all the others fallow it to hide
They don't need no man
If you're really worried about something that hasn't worried farmers for generations, get a cat or Chihuahua, they're both just as good if not better at protecting your hens than a rooster

a hen can't be a rooster, no matter how hard she tries. yeah, she can warn the flock, but she can't do it as well as a rooster. hens don't grow spurs. they don't have territory wired into their brains the way roosters do.
>can't eat eggs if they're fertilized
you don't know what you're talking about. this is only a problem if the eggs are incubated, if they are kept warm by brooding. as long as you collect eggs every day this will never become an issue.

You can have a specific amount of chickens in your backyard depending on city code. That's how it is here. Had three hens.

cutiepies

My hens won't eat a lot of things
They eat grape tomatoes but not regular tomatoes
They eat bread but not gluten free bread
They won't eat oats but they'll eat other grains
And they're not exactly stupid either
Sure they have a bird brain but they can learn
My hens have all learned to bow down when I approach them so that they don't accidentally walk under my feet and so I can easily pick them up
One of my black hens is an escape artist, we raised the fence and she still finds a way over
Sometimes when I go to check on them one of my favorite hens will run across the yard and jump up to me to pick her up just like a puppy
A rooster can actually decrease egg production especially more than one rooster
The rooster will fight the females if he's the only rooster and fight the other roosters if there is more than one, it stresses the females decreasing egg production
If you want to increase egg laying first search how often your type of hen usually lays, rhode island red lay one a day they are the top producers of eggs
I've read that letting them eat Styrofoam increases egg laying but I think that's bullshit because it takes up room in their stomachs which should be holding food to turn into eggs

“A ‘pecking party’? I fear your quaint down-home speech is wasted on me, my friend. I have not the slightest inclination what you’re talking about.”

“Why then, I’ll just explain it to you.” McMurphy raises his voice; though he doesn’t look at the other Acutes listening behind him, it’s them he’s talking to. “The flock gets sight of a spot of blood on some chicken and they all go to peckin’ at it, see, till they rip the chicken to shreds, blood and bones and feathers. But usually a couple of the flock gets spotted in the fracas, then it’s their turn. And a few more gets spots and gets pecked to death, and more and more. Oh, a peckin’ party can wipe out the whole flock in a matter of a few hours, buddy, I seen it. A mighty awesome sight. The only way to prevent it—with chickens—is to clip blinders on them. So’s they can’t see.”

Harding laces his long fingers around a knee and draws the knee toward him, leaning back in the chair. “A pecking party. That certainly is a pleasant analogy, my friend.”

“And that’s just exactly what that meeting I just set through reminded me of, buddy, if you want to know the dirty truth. It reminded me of a flock of dirty chickens.”

“So that makes me the chicken with the spot of blood, friend?”

“That’s right, buddy.”

- Ken Kesey, "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"

Only if they wipe their feet first
They're better behaved than our poor excuses for dogs
The pee pads are for the dumb dog who is too scared to go outside in the rain
The chickens have only shit on the floor once and I threw it into our compost
Can't do that with dog shit the stuff is toxic

They do actually
A hen will not normally go so far that it cannot see it's nest anymore
Check out some YouTube videos about free range hens, they should tell you just about everything about hens
I have had two hens go into my front yard but never cross the street as they wouldn't be able to see their home anymore
Talons are unnecessary
I would be ashamed of myself if an eagle did come to eat my hens and instead got stabbed
I would rather loose a few birds than risk that
I wouldn't want a rooster injuring my neighbors curious cat either, or the local squirrels
Sometimes crows like to come down for a snack, I'm fine with that
I would rather have some risks that literally don't bother me than other risks that do bother me plus the constant cock a doodle doo every day
Pic related this egg was just layed and cracked open same day
Notice the white dot
That's rooster cum
And you can guzzle it down if you like

I like.

>Pic related this egg was just layed and cracked open same day
>Notice the white dot
>That's rooster cum
>And you can guzzle it down if you like
if it's not developed enough to have blood or structure, it's fine

Rooster cum guzzler confirmed
You're a gay bird

I like eggs.

>i like to waste perfectly good eggs

Well fed hens shouldn't do this
Also you can prevent it if you're worried and have an injured hen
Just seperate them
If you can't do that wash the injury then put corn starch on it to stop the bleeding

chikins are really cool

>implying i waste eggs
Don't have a rooster so no eggs wasted
Enjoy gargling down that bird cum buddy

It's freezing rain outside today

he obivously wants to fuck them you retard

You have some loyal ass hens. Mine were dumb as hell and would eat a lugi if i spat it in front of them.