What music from today will be remembered in 30 years?

what music from today will be remembered in 30 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lolthars/sets/silvagunner-is-nice-and-all
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

all of it

i can for sure say tame impala, mac demarco and to lesser extents (as in, in their respective fields) iceage and king gizz and maybe even ty segall

I love how music from the past is constantly blowing up after being underrated for decades because that's totally how it works

what did he mean by this?

30 years from now, The Apocalypse will happen and civilization as we know it will be destroyed. But future generations and cultures will know that in the ancient past, music was very popular and that the biggest artists of our times were:
Lil Kanye
Def Grapes
Laidee Gag

holy shit is this post ironic I can't tell

For mainstream dadrap, Kanye and Kendrick, maybe Death Grips as a Velvet Underground kinda thing.
For hipster shit, Swans, Death Grips, vaporwave, pretty much all Sup Forumscore

didnt say i particularly liked those bands (or that the bands were particularly good). also, im just talking about bands i guess, no idea about rap.

tame impala and mac have huge mainstream cross over, like the strokes or arcade fire did in their moment.

king gizz and iceage are (or in the case of iceage - were) some of the most unilaterally critically acclaimed shits ever taken.

it's like how from the 80s we remember black flag and husker du and sonic youth and shit

Mac Demarco will be forgotten within 10 years. Screencap this.

Death Grips

nice

no point in screen capping, no one will care to remember

eh, you might be right, i'm just taking a guess. he's fucking massive though, he's playing the biggest concert venue in my city and half the kids are dressing like him.

haven't seen this much fuss since odd future, and he's already had more staying power than they ever did

Radiohead is the next pink floyd

This completely
Which will be their DSotM, OKC or Kid A

This completely
Which will be their DSotM, OKC or Kid A?

Easily Ok Computer

Viper

This completely
Which will be their DSotM, OKC or Kid A?

Vaporwave

Neutral Milk Hotel will continue its exponential increase in popularity until their title track has leveled with Ode to Joy in renown.

Not totally related but im betting on a post punk revival brewing soon and guitar music coming back
Yep
Ok Computer. Kid A is their WYWH
Yep again

soundcloud.com/lolthars/sets/silvagunner-is-nice-and-all

in my opinion:

Kanye West
Mac Demarco
Odd Future
Tim Hecker
Radiohead
Death Grips
Lady Gaga