My car battery is from 2012 and it is currently -32c outside...

my car battery is from 2012 and it is currently -32c outside. How long does a car battery last and should i get a new battery?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/DBPOWER-8000mAh-Portable-Starter-Flashlight/dp/B074WM8855/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1514514123&sr=8-11&keywords=portable jump starter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>-32c outside

how can anyone live in such a place
i would kill myself at -15c

if it starts you do not need a new battery

You should get a new battery every 3 years or so, but if they're subject to extreme conditions (shaking, extreme weather, acid inside freezing, etc.) You're fucked. You need a new battery no matter what after almost 6 years.

Depends how often you run your car. Run it at least once a day but you'd be best off to keep it on a charger if you can.

Batteries usually last around 5 years.

yesterday was -40c, I consider myself lucky today

where are you it's 25 below zero? i'm in new england and it's 4 degrees right now.

anyway, if it doesn't start because of the cold just get a new one.

Just about as long as they last lol.
Seriously, there is no real "life expectancy" of a battery as long as it is a good brand. Cold does not hurt batteries contrary to popular belief. Cold limits how much power it can supply at any one time however. An old trick is taking your battery indoors for an hour or two before setting off on a particularly cold morning. Real life expectancy has more to do with how much heat it is exposed to and how well it is charged then anything else.

Change it already, 5 years is too long it could die on a very unfortunate time.

I'm Ontario, less than 20 minutes from US border

Sup Forums - n/

fucking Canada and there cold ass temperatures

On average, car batteries will last anywhere between 3-8 years depending on your climate. If the battery continues to start the vehicle, its still good. If it is struggling to start, have the battery tested, it may just need charged. You will know the battery is officially toast, if it fails under a load test post charge.

Once the cells are toast there's no respawn

T. Mechanic fag freezing his ass off in ottawa

just make sure you are starting it and letting it run for 10 minutes a day at least. if it starts you don't need a new one

Sudbury here user. Tired of this cold ass fucking shit.

IS that even a photo of your battery? I doubt it. Why are the terminal posts so clean, instead of having that lead-oxide ion salt on them?

Also see those plastic covers? Either you were sending your car in for service and they were kind enough to keep it filled up (from evaporation), OR you never thought about it and now the water is dangerously low.

It's your call, the battery will fail. It depends on how much you need your car to start, and what you can do about it when it does not.

Don't listen to this faggot "every 3 years" fuck off idiot

That pic is so fake though

>the dude that knows everything

everyone hates you, on the internet and irl. enjoy that.

This. 5 years is typical for most batteries. It's almost as if they design them to fail at 5, because I've pretty much had to replace mine to the day.

Don't buy interstate car batteries. They're garbage.

y dosnt u get capacitors, super

I was thinking that, it actually annoyed me to read what he typed. Its a real gift.

Most OEM batteries I've had have lasted exactly 5 or 6 years. I've got a Duralast Gold in one truck, and It's lasted since 2010.

pic selected at sudo random, also for the laughs

protip for people with tiny cars:
get yourself a chink 8000MA usb battery pack that also comes with a 12V vehicle battery clamps.
you can use it 99% on your phone.
that 1% can be used to start your car.
best $30 purchase.
>raining
>driving around town
>car doesn't turn on anymore
>just get out.
>connect battery pack to battery terminals
>start car
finish your plans (and use your battery pack to turn the car on) or just stop what you are doing and get your battery replaced.

pic related:
it's an updated version of my battery pack

Still rocking a battery from summer 2006 here, UK fag though, or maybe I got lucky..

This x100. One of the best purchases you can make. Never have to fear that today is the day your battery will die.

>being so poor he has a battery with a water resivoir

>it's an updated version of my battery pack
pleas kind gentelmans tell me where can buy

this is the most retarded shit I've ever witnessed.

Took me a second to realize the hilarity.

amazon
google
portable jump starter

o-okay

I have a 3.6L V6.... i don't drive a tiny Japanese car...

It's still a little warm from the afternoon sun...

A portable jump starter is retarded? I think the word you're looking for is useful.

i drive a 1.5L vehicle
i think it has 100hp

this is mine:
amazon.com/DBPOWER-8000mAh-Portable-Starter-Flashlight/dp/B074WM8855/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1514514123&sr=8-11&keywords=portable jump starter

soy boy detected

about to become mechanic fag, how much dosh does it bring weekly?

you do realize they make larger ones as well?
they just aren't nearly as portable as a normal portable usb battery pack.

at the moments where i live its about 2-5c and my car already wont start. why does a battery need higher temperatures to function? dont electrons stop moving at absolute zero, which we are far away from?

from what I've read high temps and high humidity erode batteries quicker than cold weather. what is your approx location?

central europe. no humidity there.

Nice try Western spy. If your telling the truth your either from pussy-way, or the Motherland and if those are true you wouldn't be bitching about it. Now if it's one of the artic circles your fucking dumb.

sure at absolute zero (kelvin)
but when it's well above kelvin, it makes them flow faster the colder it is.
basically the colder it is, the faster the electricity flows through the circuit board, which means somethings going to get fried