Folk punk

Anyone here listen to folk punk? Lets discuss it here and enlighten others on this kind of music.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/online_band/nonsense
youtube.com/watch?v=HbIcB4fF6OI
scaredycatrecords.bandcamp.com/album/endless-bummer-2
youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Z52MuAzpk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Folk punk fucking sucks. Some asshole wailing over a ukulele or an acoustic guitar is not punk. Its just really bad folk.

Some folk punk requires talent, i recommend listening to mischief brew, they were a very talented folk punk band.

Is this sort of considered folk punk?

soundcloud.com/online_band/nonsense

It definitely has a folky vibe, id kind of consider it as folk punk.

This album is sick. Who has this album here?

As far as "Folk Punk" is concerned this guy got it right the first time around.

Ive never heard of them but i will definitely check the band out!

His voice sounds similar to andrew jackson jihad, definitely gave me another songwriter to listen to

Phil Ochs is great but his songs are so topical I don't know what the fuck he's talking about half the time because it's not 1965 and I don't know why the UIV is protesting the UHF alongside ol Mr.Kennedy's FWQ over the VWA's VMT strikes.

Just change a few names and allocations, and you'll find the songs are still relevant today.

Love Me, I'm A Liberal is still timeless and relevant. (Jello Biafra and Mojo Nixon even collaborated on a cover of it once)

The album Rehearsals for Retirement still has some relevant songs, like I Kill Therefore I Am. That's as timeless as LMIAL.

I don't know what went wrong.
I did NOT type all those extra 8s.

See for my response. Again I didn't type those extra 8s. I don't know why my computer did that.

chart when

I'm pretty OG folk punk and spent time in the scene and at shows and I could post albums but I don't make charts.

>I'm pretty OG folk punk

This is all the folk punk you need you poseurs

Actually that really falls under Celt Punk, but many fans of folk punk enjoy Celt Punk, especially The Pogues.

so you used to not shower and panhandle? that's nice.

Just back off, ok?

>celt
>not folk somehow
What does "folk" mean, in your head? Acoustic guitars and that's it?

may as well have ended the thread with these two

Or what, are you going to cut me with the sharpened stick you keep with you "just in case"?

Do you think Baroque pop has anything to do with music from the Baroque period or do you think maybe labels aren't always literal?

this one is also pretty significant
On the one hand, yes. On the other hand, even if baroque pop is not literally baroque, you can explain why it's called that and have it make sense. This is not a good comparison to implying that celtic whatever doesn't fall uder folk category, be it celtic punk, celtic metal or celtic dark wave or whatever.

Too afraid of facing me with just fists? Can't hope you to have the balls. Or do you? God may not exist, but the Grim Reaper does. He's right in front of you.

cried the angry, sharpened stick wielding hippy

Sharpened stick? How very Freudian.

front man killed himself didnt he?

Yes. Mischief Brew was one guy who played solo and with a backing band and he committed suicide.

poor bastard :( always the worst thing to hear

its really depressing if you read into the story I think he was bipolar

on a lighter not pic related is the GOAT folkpunk album

mind if i one up you?

kys hipster scum at least you didn't post AJJ

youtube.com/watch?v=HbIcB4fF6OI
yeah right

taxpayers aint really folk punk great band tho

hey man :/... what gives?

scaredycatrecords.bandcamp.com/album/endless-bummer-2

this

youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Z52MuAzpk

this album is great

If anyone hasn't listened to the non-Johnny Hobo side of this split, they really should. Mantits has some genius lyrics.

I completely forgot this was a split album