How do you sing?

How do you sing?

Gotta be super relaxed everywhere. Nothing should feel tense. Especially it should feel effortless like talking

Poop

Just screaming really load?

What if I'm nervous when talking?

Then you're REALLY tense up when singing

This is underrated

Poorly

Is there any logical reason why you would fucking say that post is underrated? Has anybody expressed any kind of dissatisfaction or criticism at all against it? Are you delusional? Are you reading replies that are nonexistant? Maybe you come from communities with voting systems, but there is literally no way that you could know what other people think of that post you just replied to here. Maybe it's psychological. Maybe it's your own post you're replying to, like a 12 year old fucktard liking his own facebook posts thinking his swelling autism is going unnoticed. Maybe your self esteem depends on you tricking yourself into thinking someone out there thinks your post is worth something. Or maybe you are just a retard, the worst kind of retard, the one who thinks he's smart, the one who thinks he's the only one to have gotten the joke, to have understood the post. Well, guess what, faggot, that post is under no definition underrated so why don't you do the world a favor and go check out what the bottom of your toilet smells like?

Looks like one of the crazies got in

vocoder

Just mumble into your laptop mic and use autotune homie, it'll get more girls wet than actually trying to sing and is better for your vocal chords

I like to shout real high and then do the reverse scream

Cosplaying Tom Waits

N

I'm a very skilled singer. Yeah, I'm gonna brag a little. It was hard work and takes time like anything, but I have a very skilled, supported singing voice with a wide vocal range. I prefer to sing in a group or choir, but I can handle myself with a solo. Singing can be a fun, sometimes useful talent.

Teach me

out of key and tone deaf

You can't learn to sing using the internet or on your own. You need a vocal coach, or else you'll develop bad habits and ruin your voice.

Damn.

Fakzmgzgm

Really?

How?

How much are vocal lessons

source?

Aren't there vocal coaches who do YouTube videos?

I'm not that guy, but you don't need a vocal coach to sing. It would probably be more beneficial and safer if you had one, but you do not need one. There is a rule to be acknowledged though: if it hurts, stop doing it. The "danger" (there are worse things in life, mind you) to teaching yourself how to sing is that you might strain yourself in such a way that you can't actually feel that you've strained yourself. You should stop doing whatever it is you're doing if you notice a crack, if you feel a burning sensation in your throat, or feel as though something in your throat (your chords) is swollen.

You really do need to be relaxed--no throat singing, don't try to "bounce" your diaphragm to achieve vibrato. Fix your posture, chest elevated, but not uncomfortably so. You should be pushing air up from your center--you should feel it hitting the roof of your mouth. If you can do that while holding a note then you should be fine. Don't know how to explain anything else--just practice and take it slowly. Vary your pitching by dropping your center and raising it, play with your breathing until you figure out how to not be winded after a note or two.

But yeah, just don't do anything stupid. You need to not be focused on what you WANT to sound like--just that you make sounds and can control them easily. It really should be the equivalent of having a conversation with your best friend/parent. The more often you do it (not all at once, mind), the more fluctuation you can get away with adding. Resonance, power, and even vibrato can come naturally, but you've got to give it some time to develop. Think of it as getting into shape, and treat it as exercise. Try doing some "stretches" before singing.

Yeah but how do you know when you're doing something wrong?

Most of them are full of shit and everyone says something different, almost never with any sources or citations. Just watch videos of other singers with a similar voice to yours and imitate them.