I got my first albino a+ growkit 15 days ago now and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I fucked something up?

I got my first albino a+ growkit 15 days ago now and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I fucked something up?

I followed the instructions, kept everything very clean, filled the box with water for 12 hours, emptied water and put the box without a lid in the grow-bag and then let it sit in a spot with indirect lightning. It's about 70f where the bag sits
Like I said, it's been 15 days now and I'm not sure anything is growing. I was told I should start seeing the first few bits sticking up after 12 days already

Sorry for bad picture quality, it's taken from outside the grow-bag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfL9SqM981k
shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19792837
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's another pic I took through the bag opening.

bump

yes theres (cobweb?) mold all over it. this kit has gone bad.

>be a fucking idiot.
>post cottage cheeses
>more idiots comment on cottage cheeses

If you want to try a kit again go with b+ those are some resilient fuckers.

I took it out of the bag to get a better picture. Looks nothing like cobweb though?
The picture to the right would be cobweb mold, and my box is to the left. Looks nothing alike?

I was told that as long as it's white and not gray or any other color, it should be mycelium. But as this is my first grow I'm unsure

fuck, managed to forget pic

"growing" cottage cheese
>being this retarded

>albino
you mean penis envy?

this.
it's not supposed to be grey as it is in this image

no its to fluffy for mycelium, you actually can see the pinheads beneath the layer of mold

looks like you got a nicely colonized pot. i don't grow psychadelics, only edibles, but usually you'll want to induce pins by a temperature change.
about 5-10°c cooler +good humidity should do it. do you have a fruiting chamber made?

if it was contamnated, i'd expect to see cobwebby stuff (bread mold) or green/blue spots (trichoderma)

Well shit, so would you say that I was just too careless and contaminated it?

Don't have a fruiting chamber. I was told by the seller that I only needed to put it in the bag and make sure it wasn't contaminated

Yeah, I had expected to see some color change as well. Been reading lots of forum posts that says as long as it's snow white it should be fine
But things don't seem fine haha

no those two both exist and are different enough for psylocibe cubensis

well i was the first time i tried it.
did you only handle it woth disinfected hands in a room with no airflow ?

Yeah, I washed my hands thoroughly with soap and let my hands air-dry before applying hand sanitizer. Even held my breath while handling the box
I suppose something got in while I was venting the grow-bag as the instruction manual told me to open the bag up every 7-8 days just to let new air in

i'm not particuarly sterile with my grows, just clean and careful. if you bought a pre grown soak and go kit, its pretty fucking hard to contaminate it unless you soak it with dirty dishwater or something.

It takes time sometimes. I wouldn't open and keep it until it starts growing.

Store it well. It's easy.

next time buy a filter patch bag and don't open it until you see primordia.

another common mistake is being overly curious. fungi like to be left alone to do their thing, don't constantly check the growth, as every time you handle it you are increasing the risk of contamination

Well, something must've been in the water I used then. Instructions told me regular tap water would be fine to use but apparently not

By now I'm not sure it'll ever start growing. But I suppose I have nothing to lose by waiting a few days more

Bro that's fine, this is now ready to be ingested by taking handfuls and carefully inserting it into your anus. Three handfuls should do a professional like you!

Very first time I grew. Took me 2-3 weeks.
It's weird but let it sit. Environment is important but moisture is a must

post pics of albino

A filter patch bag was actually included. Once I put the box in the bag I double-folded the top and closed with a couple of clips included (everything as instruction manual told me)

I'm guessing it was contaminated either when I vented the bag or that the tap water here just isn't as clean as I thought

might try these if I try growing again.
Anyone have other suggestions how to make this process easy and more foolproof?

I've read that too much moisture leads to cobweb mold and that something should be mixed into the mist (maybe it was peroxide?)
Any advice how to know the humidity is correct?

here some albinos notice the stem

and now penis envy, again stem is the giveaway

Let it sit

Yeah, might as well. I don't have anything to lose by waiting longer I guess

if it's only cobweb you can dunk it again, but add hydroxide or something to treat it.
idk it's been nearly a decade since i last researched fungus.
if you don't expect to be spoon fed and do some actual research, you'll find plenty of people have cured and even had some pretty nice grows even after cobweb contamination.

>do some actual research
Yeah I hate to break it to you there grandpa, but you clearly haven't even read the entire thread. Or maybe you did and just didn't understand what people meant

Either way, that's just a load of nothing so get off of your high horse

First time didn't go well for me either, but once you get it, it will be so easy to grow.

What most instruction won't tell you, is that you shouldn't grow shrooms in narrow or tiny spaces. You want it to be rather open and spacey.
Environment is really important for the shrooms. Also you do not need a lot of light. Just let some sunlight(not directly at the growkit) in through your windows.
Wash your hands all the way to your elbow to ensure you do not contaminate the growkit.

What I prefer to do is to put the soaked growkit in the refridgerator during the 12 hour soak time. (refridgerator set at +8°C)
Then when you rinse all the excess water, the moisture will most likely remain until harvest if you grow in room temperature.

Have fun.

if you intend to do this a lot, make a SGFC
the tote and perlite only cost a few $ and it helps a great deal

Thanks! This sounds pretty much like how I did it. So I suppose I was just clumsy or unlucky during some step along the way

Next time I'll do some more research if there's any other strains that are more resilient and make sure I'm even more careful

The space I'm using right now is an empty wardrobe that I cleaned out and whiped down all the surfaces inside.
The door has been ajar just to let some light in there
Would this space be too cramped? Pic related

Yeah I've been looking at how to make one of those. But I decided to try one of these boxes first just to minimize any risks (I thought)
I'll have a new apartment in a couple of months where I'll have some more space
Will definitively look into SGFC then!

shrooms are really not all that. i used to have more shrooms than i could stand to eat. i ate them nightly, listened to squarepusher and other warp artists, and ate lsd on the weekends, smoking as much weed as i could stand all the while. i was working at aol at the time, taking calls from idiots and their shitty computers; fucking winrpi modems.

anyway... here's a good shroom album.

youtube.com/watch?v=sfL9SqM981k

>being this butthurt
growth either stalls or quickens when there's something else fighting for the resources in a cake/tray
it's stalled, because there's clearly a cobweb infection.
telling you there's a cure for it and you don't have much to worry about
you get all buttblasted because we wont spoonfeed you the process of reviving and restoring your grow op to working order
fuck you

just spray lysol on it to kill the mold

>Would this space be too cramped?
I guess it would work if you disinfect it, and leave the door quite open.
Crampy spaces with poor AC is usually something to avoid tho.

Imply that I only want to be spoonfed and you should expect to get some flack back in your direction. You should know that if you've been on Sup Forums for more than a day

What pisses me off is your condescending tone and seemingly arrogant attitude.
Yes, I have been googling but I prefer to talk to someone rather than just guessing from lots of (sometimes) conflicting forum posts.
And yes, I have read that it's possible to get rid of cobweb mold. But if you paid any attention at all to this thread, I couldn't even be sure that it was cobweb mold until I had discussed it with someone first

So instead of acting like a prick, you could've just said "looks like cobweb mold, can be fixed with hydroxide sometimes"
And I would've most likely answered something along the lines of "yeah I found that out when I started googling more about cobweb mold now that I know what the problem really is"

What you should be seeing is this.

Yeah, poor AC would definitively have been a problem in there. But I thought it wouldn't have been a problem since the airflow would be limited in the filter patch bag anyway and the instruction manual told me it only needed to be vented every 7-8 days

But I'll be sure to keep this in mind if I do more grows later

>believing Sup Forums is a reputable source of information
>believing you can get anything of value here
you're more likely to kill yourself while trying to treat that infection here than you are to have any decent information on the topic.
inb4
>use bleach n amonia to treat it!
you're a moron because you managed to fuckup a grow during the least likely means of fucking it up, and because you came here of all places to seek help on the matter. there's countless fungus forums for you to seek out, countless tutorials (even videos) to deal with your issue..
so why exactly are you really here?

I've had loads of good drug discussions before, and I got some pretty good advice on my marijuana grow a while back
Just ignore those who swear alot and double check the information you're given and things will turn out fine

Not everyone behaves like dicks just for the fun of it

oh, and I came here for quick answers since I've tried lots of shroom forums but they're usually slower than molasses
So while I'm waiting for anyone to answer those threads I thought about checking here as I've got good answers before

Those instruction might be for the bag itself and not it's environment.
Either way, it seems like you got the hang of it. I'm sure your next grow will work out better.

>Opening the bag
You don goofed son. If they weren't fucked before they're fucked now.

Thats the new generation Twitter: To stupid for a full sentence and to lazy for fact-checking or actually working.

You cannot grow albinos, they are humans like you and me.

there is a strane named albino a+, they are not "real" albinos but look like ones. But thanks for your input.

nah keep going op you could end up with some gnarly shrooms

Quit fucking with those grow bags. Get a spore syringe from from sporeworks and lookup pftek. Make a shotgun fruiting chamber. Leave the cakes under the foil after knocking up, birth a week after fully colonized, enjoy two weeks later when they start pinning. Pick shrooms right as the veils begin to break.

From there learn how to make agar plates, I use no pour technique, and in a still air box split a shrooms open, take a sample from the middle, and drop it on the agar. Allow to colonize plate. If you see any signs of contams, do a transfer from your plate carefully to another agar plates.

Transfer wedges to spawn jars and a small piece to another agar plate Put clone in fridge once mycelium is size of dime. It'll hold for up to a year.

Once spawn is fully colonized break up and shake a small amount into several more spawn jars to spread the love. Again, everything is done in front of a flow hood or a still air box. Take spore prints if you so choose. I would. Learn how to make a bulk substrate in a monotub. Reap the rewards. I accidentally grew over 200 grams my first time. Now I use a much smaller monotub.

All in all don't buy grow kits they're garbage. Do your research. Pftek is damn near idiot proof if your syringe is from a good source and not too dirty.

Google shroomery.

8/10 would suck it

I had them once and man they are awsome strong.
tbh I would go directly for monotube tek (If you have the equipment). shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/19792837

Sure, but if the dude's having trouble with a grow bag I'd imagine his sterile technique is still pretty shit as well. Pftek has a much larger margin of error for a newbie.