Someone tried to tell me that Apple just admitted to making there products sow down as they get older...

someone tried to tell me that Apple just admitted to making there products sow down as they get older. can some one confirm/explain this to me, or tell me which board this goes on? like I understand the whole capitalism side of things, living for profit and such, but how? would they be dropping seeds of useless data in each update?

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4134160-apples-planned-obsolescence-strategy
apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

>seeds of useless data in each update
That doesn't make any sense.
seekingalpha.com/article/4134160-apples-planned-obsolescence-strategy
Or search "apple obsolescence". Don't bother posting it on .

Same thing with everything today. Electronics especially. You notice how things stuff made just decades ago still hold up to this day, and run good. Will never happen with any new TVs, phones, or computers.

As to how they're doing it, no idea. Would be interesting to find out.

products slow down

It honestly surprises me that people never knew this. They've been doing it since the iPhone 4 I believe.

Simple solution: don't update your phone, ever.

Also see apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

A decade is pushing it.
And almost all electronics come from shitty Chinese quality, not even their better factories.
Because cheap for manufacturers, and customers will never know unless they open the device and backtrace each component.

This.
I'm shocked people didn't figure this out on their won. I'm on my third iphone, only replaced because I broke my first two (work in a heavy duty field). Planned obsolescence isn't new, and apple is a shit company, of coarse they do it. And if your shit works fine, why the fuck are you updating? unless there's some big new feature being added to your phone, you're wasting bandwidth.

Its planned obsolescence so you buy a new one sooner. So apple make more money.

>And almost all electronics come from shitty Chinese quality, not even their better factories.

So is that what has changed? Remember the old fat TVs? They're fucking indestructable, and never break down. I've yet had a Flatscreen that lived past 4 years.

I have 2 tv's 20 years old, both work exactly as they did 20 years ago.
My NES, genesis, atari, originall gameboy, all boot up just fine and work like they did right out of the box.
compare that to any newer electronics.... they burn out in a few years.
If you think they didn;t get savvy and sabotage their own products to fail a year after the warranty runs out, you're fucking crazy.

I totally agree with this.

anyone remember what this is called? learnt this in year 9 history. in 1870 or something all of the english light bulb company agreed to start making shitty light bulbs so every one would buy more light bulbs more often. something something capitalism.

I always wondered why my iPhones were so fucking slow even tho i barely used them, just to browse the internet didn't´t even download anything. I did suspect something like this was happening. Have like 3 iPhones,all older models, all are slow and unusable sometimes. I´m not buying any of this new shit.

i'd never buy a TV without a 5 year warranty.
My 2004 panasonic crt: still running good
from 2007 when i first got a HDTV, every single one has had problems (samsung, LG and sony brands)

if you have a set that fucks up under warranty, refuse the replacement and take the partial refund, then buy a new one. this resets the 5 year period, accepting a replacement just rides out the existing period.

>planned obsolescence

Planned Obsolescence

>capitalism
Capitalism is just you own your own labor, and can sell it freely to whoever. That's it. Don't blame teh system responsible for you not digging around in ditches for grubs to eat while wearing rags and coughing up aids because some companies use shady practices.
The solution is DON'T BUY SHIT FROM COMPANIES THAT DO THIS. That's capitalism, you have choice. Don;t buy their shit, they go bankrupt. But no, you're all pussies who dont understand economics. You complain about capitalism and shady business, then stand in line 6 hrs to get the brand new Iphone made in a sweat shop.
Communism would be better I think, the government owning your labor, and deciding for you what you do and don't need. I mean, government offices like the DMV are notoriously fast and efficient, pinnacles of productivity, imagine how great your life would be if the lady behind the counter at the DMV decided every aspect of your life for you, and if you refused to work the 20hr day with no food or breaks you get executed. Communism would be so gr8. Fuck capitalism.

>commie
>Satan

Checked

This is possibly the only situation where I agree with Apple.

They are simply making an old phone with a battery that would last maybe a few hours... and slowing the performance so it will last longer.

No evil in this. For the first time ever from that mob.

Satan trips of truth.
Based user is based.

if they'd made the battery user replaceable this wouldn't be an issue

The reason is variation in quality and lifecycle. While you've lucked out with stuff that still works, plenty of others have tossed dead units.

My former cell phone went through batteries twice a year, but my current cell has lasted with the same battery for 5 years.

This is also why there are more negative reviews usually. People notice the problems, not the lack of them.

I buy used junk off eBay that works for this reason. It has lasted and will continue to last. Buying new comes with risk that it's defective or will have latent faliure

The three largest light bulb manufacturers formed a coalition that actually fined whoever made a bulb that would last longer than a certain amount of hours.

Most sheeple buy Apple products for the self image they project. Apple always has been cheaply made shit. Their first two PCs could not have been made more cheaply. But they had the logo stolen from the Beatles.

Apple admitted to slowing down their old phones.

I'm too lazy to post a link but go to AfterDawn dot com and click on the Tech News tab. Scroll down a couple of stories....it's there.

the story is that apple slows down certain iphones due to a battery issue. its to make sure the battery doesnt blow up from overuse. i doubt thats the real reason. probably just to get people to buy a new model.

yeah, a few times

You would probably suck Apple's dick if it had one, faggot.