Warcraft

This was great. What the hell is wrong with people? Did the title scare people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It had issues but I loved it.

Pure unfiltered fantasy, with some pretty awesome depictions of magic in there

I really enjoyed it despite it's flaws.
The orcs were 10/10.
Hopefully the studio doesn't interfere as much and lets Duncan do his thing in the sequel.

Orcs were GOAT.
Guldan was top tier villain.
Magic was awesome.
Tons of fanservice.
Liked seeing how Karazhan and Deadwind got fucked.
Sargeras-Medivh was really cool.

Non-orc CGI was off.
Anduin was bland as fuck.
Khadgar came across as too incompetent.
Shoehorned diversity bait queen.
Why the fuck was Glenn Close in it randomly?
Why was Dalaran flying already?

The humans looked weird as fuck when next to the orcs. But i loved Gul'dan and the movie in general.

the movie would have been miles better if the whole thing was CG.

Orgrim got demoted to a literal who. How is he going to become warchief in the next movie?

that asian guy nailed gul-dan i loved him so much

100% pure fresh squeezed unfiltered kino

>Sargeras-Medivh was really cool

Was it, though? It seemed like they tried really hard to remove Sargeras from the whole deal. It's almost like Medivh accidentally fell into a vat of fel energy and became corrupted.

It would've been alright if they axed the Medivh plot.

The humans were the worst part, except for kadgar he was a qtpi

khadgar was a mistake; the entire cast should have been north germanic

it's a completely intellectually insulting movie. they purposely underestimated their audience with the intention of easing them into warcraft slowly (because apparently video game lore is literally 2deep for movie goers). by doing this, they made a dumb, watered down, boring introduction to an otherwise cool and fun fantasy/sci-fi-meshed universe.

they actually fucking stated that they left out explaining where the fel comes from because it would too complex for the audience or some shit. same with the races - they kept it to elves and humans and orcs because i guess anything else would be too weird and unconventional.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN GREAT.

It wasnt R Rated. I have no idea why they didnt make it R because they would have known that the box office in US wouldnt have been good either way so why not just do the Hard R for the die hard fans who are over 20?

an NC-17 rating wouldn't have fixed that snoozefest

Yes it would

very convincing argument

Warcraft? You mean like 'the craft of War'?

The stereotype of a World of Warcraft nerd isn't exactly flattering in the US and the western world, so a lot of people were probably turned away from it.

People who would've been interested in sword and sorcery shenanigans like Eragon maybe, but they seeing "Warcraft" made them turn away.

>the sequel.
Oh user you're a funny guy

>they actually fucking stated that they left out explaining where the fel comes from because it would too complex for the audience or some shit. same with the races - they kept it to elves and humans and orcs because i guess anything else would be too weird and unconventional.

Other races have no place in a Warcraft movie.
In fact Elves aren't even relevant.
Just Orcs and Humans.

They had to shove elves and dwarves in for casuals though.

Fel didn't require any more explanation.

it was fun and also felt like a 90s film

which is why millennial edgelords looking for depression and gore hated it

>Other races have no place in a Warcraft 1 movie.
Correction*

ah the good ol "Warcraft isnt WoW" argument. as the story progressed they added to it. just like anything else.

I watched it yesterday for the first time. I think I enjoyed most the scenes with magic elements, whether active spell-casting or static magical environment.

I dont think it was otherwise that special, plotwise or characterwise, which were mostly very superficial.

Kind of made me want to play wow again, which probably is the second objective of the movie.

I give it 3/5, was worth renting and watching

>ah the good ol "Warcraft isnt WoW" argument. as the story progressed they added to it. just like anything else.

No that is not the argument, you misunderstood the point. It's an issue about timeline.

The movie portrays the events of Warcraft: Orcs vs Humans.
It's a conflict that didn't involve elves or dwarves.

Asking for other races in the

>they actually fucking stated that they left out explaining where the fel comes from

But they hint that it comes from demons

Garona mentions that she overheard Guldan talking to a demon

Eragon? You mean like 'a gone era'?

>The Craft of War
That's a brutal title

AH i misunderstood you. i apologize for getting snippy - thats the shittiest argument ive heard about this movie and it annoys me.

i can understand it from a time line perspective, as some races weren't really discovered yet. BUT that really only applies to draenei and pandaren. all the other races have been on the planet for a very long time,.

they are effectively backtracking on their own lore and it didnt make sense.

i guess it doesn't matter since blizzards lore is such a clusterfuck anyway.

no there is a book/movie called Eragon. Are you retarded?

this is the worst character I've ever seen in any movie

yup. they added a retarded character that originated in the comic book that no one reads, but they couldnt show us a fucking tauren shaman.

Garona was in WC1
Tauren are on a still-undiscovered continent

waznt she an orc though? i thought thwy added the half-race bullshit later

>they deleted this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=wLTs5BKNFqo

Fucking WHY?

It literally fixes the first half of the movie by giving a concise explanation to Fel Magic, character introductions to the Orcs, the relationship between Blackhand and Gul'Dan, Orc culture, and has fucking Grom with a talking role.

She was always a half-orc

>no explanation to why Fel Magic is bad.

this is the movie explaining Fel Magic ..... IT'S EVIL !!!! GREEN MAGIC !!! SUCKS LIFE !! IT'S EVIL !!!!

they never explain why Gul'Dan came to get Fel Magic and where it came from and why he took it.

i love how Durotan ends up switching sides after crossing the gate, because they were collecting Humans to open the gate again.... and that's how he finally figured out Green Magic is evil.

oh,but not when they got all those Draenei's and sucked their souls to open up the gate...

also the eye rolling Garona love story.

As a casual who played WoW religiously from vanilla up until cataclysm, is it a movie I should waste my time on?

Also, I'm a pleb who hasn't played any of the Warcraft games yet, so I should I play those before watching the movie?

Arthas is my favorite character and his story line would be amazing for a film.

The plot is not worth anyone's time but I just enjoyed seeing them recreate a few things I know from the game.

The movie is hot garbage, like even worse than the fucking Hobbit movies and you fat retards are praising it. Fuck this board.

I liked it

of course it was great

I really kind of liked it, despite hating all that manboob video game bullshit.

>Non-orc CGI was off
what about that one green non CGI orc, she cannot act for shit.

I actually liked the film, but I have never played warcraft so I can't get butthurt if they fuck it all up.

>alternate universe plot for retarded movie goers
>retarded movie goers avoided the movie
>WoW fans left with too much wtf

Seriously, the story from the games was better.

CGI was neat though.