What went wrong?

what went wrong?

lack of kabaddi

Not accounting for cord-cutting

Paying 400 gazillion to host a handful of games and force politics into sports

Their liberal agenda

The NBA TV rights deal

She's having a meltdown on Twitter today. Literally threatening people. How the hell was this sheboon not let go?

You know exactly why

Aside from chord cutting and the general shitty programming of ESPN, all the sports channels are just full of loads of speculation and bullshit. It's just that ESPN had/has the most of it and will fall further than the rest because of how big they became.

So she want's to get her ass stomped when she threatens physical violence in person? Interesting approach Jemele.

lel, come on bro she could kill someone on air and it would be caused by institutional racism and she would sue the company

lmao that alpha male got her wet

jews

SJW propaganda

kek if I were Kirt I would go find her and have someone film the chimp out it

1. He would get way more famous
2. She would be fired

win/win

List of everyone that got cut?

two things:

1. Having cable subscribers as your main source of income

2. The ridiculously bad sports deals. Especially the NBA and the NCAA

Whoever thought they should have College Football Playoff games on New Years eve instead of New Years day should be blacklisted from the industry.

they went full libtard

you never go full libtard

Instead of focusing primarily on sports they decided to incorporate a major focus on socio-political elements and promulgate a liberal agenda.

What did she mean

By face to face, she means mouth to dick

Catering to black people. With the exception of all the furpuck shit, it's literally BET Sports.

She wants to fuck him.

>make every show black people, NBA, and politics
>ratings plummet
>muh cord cutters
>fire all your white staff
How long until the stories break out of how awful it was working there?

RUSSILO ISNT FUCKED

WE ARE SAVED

It's devolved to just personalities(mostly washed up or unfunny tryhards), sportsnation tier garbage, got very political during election season when most wanted to tune into sports to get away from it, shoved stronk smart women in every show, radio show, and moderator position that know actually very little about sports and just parrot social media, monday night football is a joke etc etc. and after all that there's little room left for actual sports and quality sports analysis and highlights.

too many niggers

the decision to schedule playoff games on new years eve was made by the NCAA last year. IIRC ESPN execs were seething over how bad an idea it was and wanted desperately for them to change it back to new years day

Their programming sucks and whoever is making the deals there is really bad at negotiations.

they stopped focusing on sports and became a less accurate tmz

Paying gorillions to the NBA didn't help.

>thirsting for me

if she was any bit attractive I would be aroused by this

Their main revenue stream is being paid X amount by cable companies for every subscriber. Then just before the cord cutting boom they paid out the ass for TV deals. NBA, NFL, CFB.

Their answer to sagging business was to chase away their most loyal viewers: the 35-60 year old (white) males who still pay for cable and just want sports, sport talk, news and highlights, with more and more liberal and politics-centered programming only tangentially related to any of that. This in an attempt to grab the women, black, and youth market, the latter of whom likely being the ones to drop cable anyway.

I only watch MLB Network for baseball coverage, I never turn on ESPN
Not sure about fans of other sports
I only turn on ESPN for college football if my team is playing

when they started, they were about live sports, not marketing on-air talent, and family-friendly adverts (no booze).
now they have uppity niggers memeing all over the yard and shilling muh canadian whiskey.

I never understood why they pander to liberals and blacks. The former don't care at all about sports and the latter are only like 13% of the population.

Trying to primarily appeal to a group of people who dont have any spending money (black people) is a bad business model.

I LOVE CHIO-CHAN

black people don't work so they're the only ones watching tv during the day

First post = Best post

This

Ever wonder why First Take, a show that's literally Stephen A. Smith yelling at a white boy for hours, airs in the morning to midday?

All 4 major leagues have a network

>appeal to black people, a population with no money and that are only about 13 or 14 percent of the population

>appeal to sjw's and liberals, who never liked sports and never will, and even if they do they will cut the cord and get sport highlights on the internet

>Drive away your white male audience, the only paying audience, alinete them with hardcore sjw propaganda, forcing them to look into cord cutting

>cater to yuppies and the coastal urban areas, ignore all those flyover hicks

This has pretty much been the entieryt of media during the obama years, ratings and money plummeted across the board, but the fuckers have an agenda to push

>subhuman literally can't stop chimping out

Everyone I know who gives a fuck about the nba, watches highlights from Ximo or Dawkins on YouTube. They alienated their core audience for one that doesn't watch tv and gives less of a fuck about espn

disney
mike and mike
disney
mel kiper jr the criminal
disney
brett okamoto
disney
jamele
disney
dan lebretard
disney
steven a smith
disney

just the tip of the iceberg of why they are fuck ups

oh, they also hire out of Syracuse like its the only journalism school on earth

those fucktards need to just pay for the northwestern grads and other top tier journalism schools

João Palomino

>Getting political when you're a network for sports
That was their problem. You're free to have whatever political beliefs you want, but I don't want to hear your political opinions when I'm watching sport recaps or events.

Keep your personal political views contained to your personal Twitter account or whatever.

MONEY

They stopped being sports network and started to focus on "personalities" yelling retarded opinions about Handegg, Apesketball, and identity politics at each other.

If it had anything to do with personalities then we'd actually see ratings for other sports networks go up even slightly but they're all shit too. Nobody cares about cable anymore when most people that watch sports are casuals that only care about highlights.

>blames the Libs
>ignores the shrinking demographics and all the money wasted on the NFL

They stopped catering to sports fans but mostly cord cutters and the fact that no one needs to watch SportsCenter to get the score/game results.

>yfw firing all the white men today will only make it worse

>money wasted on the NFL

You mean on the #1 sport in the country?

Guy, i just want you to know

I ADMIRE YOUR WORK
I ADMIRE YOUR WORK
I ADMIRE YOUR WORK
I ADMIRE YOUR WORK

What a disingenuous cunt

mike greenberg and wilbum went to northwestern and they shill it ever day. fuck northwestern I'm tired of hearing about it

What are the actual ratings for that new jemele and smith show? Literally the only time I've tuned in is because Kobe was on.

Abysmal

>3 posts until Sup Forums