Was Butterbean ever considered a legitimate talent or was he always just a big fat spectacle who can punch?

Was Butterbean ever considered a legitimate talent or was he always just a big fat spectacle who can punch?
Could I get a quick rundown on the legend of Eric Esch?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Riner.
youtube.com/watch?v=yJT99suKerg
youtube.com/watch?v=x_TkJcMZm6s
youtube.com/watch?v=d-Gea137VRU
tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/eric-esch-butterbean
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Surely having to carry all that weight he would have been absolutely murdered by a top professional boxer?

Surely having to carry all that weight he would have been absolutely murdered by a top professional boxer?

Die Hard: Diabetes Type II

he was 63-1 and the IBA world super heavyweight champ at one point

so yes he was legit

lol he's a joke and only fought bums for 4 rounds + some dodgy decisions

He got school'd by a 50 year old holmes

Lasted the full fight with larry holmes, only lost by decision.

>IBA world super heavyweight champ
How meaningful is being the top superheavyweight at that time?
In MMA it's pretty much just a meme weightclass with no real talent, don't know how it is in boxing.

its different as the weight limit is different. in boxing youve gotta be real fat to not make heavyweight. valuev was in heavyweight and he was over 7 feet tall/over 150kgs

i wish mma would have a better upper limit on the HW, so we can one day see beasts like this

We had Tank Abbott and to a lesser extent Roy Nelson. But really, beasts like this with strict drug testing aren't very likely to do very well are they. It'd be a shitshow for all involved, gassed quick and consisting of 2 or 3 fighters

i agree butterbean would be shite

but i mean guys like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_Riner. world class athletes who happen to be over 6'6 and dont want to have to cut weight to make the limit. guys like struve wouldnt have to look like a stick insect too

>IBA
>Legit

pmsl

It'd sort of need to be a new weightclass then, since the "smaller" HW fighters would feel like they can't really match the bigger guys, especially when HW already has a large allowance for weight. The upper limit is 265, the lower is 205. Even the big dudes need to cut a bit
And there's not enough talent there to be its own weight class I reckon.

Freshhcunts get the fuck out. Butterbean was the real deal.

ermm buttberbean already fought in mma lol

pride didn't have a limit on their heavyweight division

How did he get such an adorable nickname?

Butterbean was pretty much pure spectacle but he knew enough shit to look technically sound, took his job seriously and his punching power was incredible. Because of his weight he often fought guys with severe height and reach advantages but he was still able to knock a lot of them on their asses.

youtube.com/watch?v=yJT99suKerg

Plus he had a cameo on Squidbillies. So he's pretty much one of the best humans.

Like if we were in some type of Dragonball Z thing where aliens came to earth and we had to send our best fighters at them, I'd nominate Butterbean. Because he's tough as nails, doesn't get intimidated, and if he landed one of his haymakers it's night-night Ayyyyyyy's.

youtube.com/watch?v=x_TkJcMZm6s

Supposedly he went on a diet of nothing but chicken and butterbeans to make weight for a local toughman contest.

Legit puncher. Fat as fuck, knew how to put his weight into a punch. Legit boxer but not top level, knew what he was doing. Athletic for a dude his size. But yea, zero stamina, there's a reason he fought 4 rounders.

I'd put him in the category of scary but not particularly talented. Give him a punchers chance in most fights.

>The upper limit is 265

Anything above that is a meme

Tyson Fury is ~260 lbs in fighting shape at 6'9. Weighing anything more would be a disadvantage, so it would be retarded to have a higher weight class where everyone would lose to the best fighters in the division belew

>when he heem'd johnny knoxville

You now realize Butterbean and King Kong Bundy are two different people.

In boxing maybe, but in MMA being bigger means you get a sizeable advantage on the ground

Super heavyweights are a complete meme in MMA as well

boxrec.com/boxer/14536

He was a sideshow attraction who usually only fought 4 rounds, only names on his record are Pete McNeeley (guy who first fought Tyson when he came out of jail) and going 10 rounds with 52yo Larry Holmes. He was never close to contending for any legit belt.

However he was a lot of fun and did have genuinely fast hands.

He would have done well in heavyweight division in the UFC he has the right physique

He did an MMA fight with special rules. Only allowed 15 seconds on the ground. He lost a few teeth and won because the other guy broke his arm elbowing Butter Bean in the head.

Fury is pretty light for 6'9 2bh lad even shredded it's not ridiculous for someone with that large a frame to be nearer 300lbs. Props in rugby average about 260lbs at around 6'1 and they're running up and down a pitch for 80mins. I know fighting is a lot more tiring but Mike Tyson was around 230 or so at manlet 5'9 height

youtube.com/watch?v=d-Gea137VRU

tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/eric-esch-butterbean

Butterbean actually had a fair few MMA fights

> Burger gets angry

He was a gatekeeper. He wasn't champion level but he was a solid test for guys who wanted to be at the top.

It helps that he looks like a cartoon character.

seriously the dude was a living punch-out character

>GET UP
>ONE MORE TIME

>he does have MMA wins via legit MMA submissions
The dude was very serious for his jobs.

Best answer in the thread.

meme fighter in his time

Is butterbean ok?

Are you the same German who authored Aaron Hernandez's DL report?

a gimmick with some actual skill. him being like 400lbs means he can take basically any shot anyone ever throws at him, so add that and inferior opposition and you have a good sideshow going. he could beat D level club fighters but lost all of his steps up. never a serious career, but that doesnt really matter does it