Why did this show go to complete shit in its third season?

Why did this show go to complete shit in its third season?
>Ka d'argo gets himself cucked
>they killed off Zhann because her actress couldnt handle the makeup anymore
>replace her with fucking Starkk
>screaming bitch stays on until the end of the series
>Crais dies later on in the season

You raise a fairly convincing case, but s3 finale was GOAT finale.

Babylon 5 is better it's like a novel

Show literally goes to shit the moment Zhaan exits the show. Its almost as if both the character and the actor held everything together.

Also the Areyn x John relationship was annoying.

>there are people out there with shit opinions like these
Season 3 is the best season, not a single bad episode. Get fucked

>D'Argo gets himself cucked
Yeah, and?

unfortunate but unavoidable

>replace her with fucking Starkk
Stark was around since season 1, he's not replacing anyone. The fuck?

>screaming bitch stays on until the end of the series
her character development is actually really good, especially her relationship with China

>Crais dies later on in the season
It's one of the best moments in the series.

The third season is generally considered the best. You're in the minority friendo

First season was the worst. When John starts losing it the show gets GOAT and stays that way

I like season 1 quite a bit, but the show definitely gets a lot better afterwards. About halfway into season 2 is when I'd say the show goes from really good to fucking incredible.

>the most epic romance in all of television
>annoying
wew

>It's a Harvey episode

Virginia Hey explained this in some interview.

Basically, that sort of makeup wasn't meant to be worn for more than 6 months tops, a few hours a day. The thing is she wore it for 10-12 hours a day. It took 3 hours just to apply it and 1 hour to remove it. And she wore it for several years. So yeah, it caused her kidneys to bleed.

Still wish they could've brought her back as some other character

>watching farscape for the first time starting like 3 days ago
>1/4 through season 3 now because no life

I really enjoyed season 1, and season 2 was pretty good, but I am just pissed at season 3. I honestly keep falling asleep during the episodes. I don't feel like the characters are interesting anymore. Does this go away or get better for season 4?

Show literally goes to shit the moment they introduce the "team". snail alien and other crappy character

>>the most epic romance in all of television

I have no idea how respond to be honest. In my opinion season 3 is 10/10, the hate I'm seeing in this thread has me at an absolute loss. Most fans agree that the third and fourth seasons are noticeably better than the first two

Yeah, so what? Maybe I laid it on a bit thick but their relationship is fantastic and one of the best parts of the show

I don't see how anyone could even like the series while finding them "annoying," it's the core dynamic of the entire series and brilliantly executed

Studio heads found out people like the show so they got involved and forced their ideas onto the writers.

True story. They did the same thing with Veronica Mars and Persons of Interest. They wanted characters being reintroduced, more episodic storylines, etc.

I watched all of stargate and liked 95% of it

Should I watch Farscape?

>Studio heads found out people like the show so they got involved and forced their ideas onto the writers.
Sorry, I'm going to need a source on that. I've listened to countless interviews and all of the episode commentaries and not once did they mention studio meddling. In fact the writers seem quite proud of how the show turned out

Also Farscape became less episodic and more serialized as it went on

yes

its elder god tier but S1 is kinda lame compared to the later seasons and is slower paced

I guess I just don't see what the point of their journey is anymore. They don't really care about getting home anymore, they are just wandering around trying to avoid the Peace Keepers, right? Moya seems to break down every episode in some fashion or another. John's-head-Scorpius always gives me a giggle though.

I guess it's just starting to feel too episodic to me. No end game.

Also Chiana a cute.

Sure but it all gets negated by

>Talynn... STARBURST

It's a very different kind of show, but yes, you should watch Farscape. Everyone should

MY SIDE of the argument: Stark is fucking awesome.

You stay on YOUR SIDE!

>yfw realize Stark was one of the Agents in the first Matrix movie

>I guess I just don't see what the point of their journey is anymore. They don't really care about getting home anymore, they are just wandering around trying to avoid the Peace Keepers, right?
The point of their journey is them. In season 1 they are all mistrusting each other and only want to get home, but over time they develop into a very close family and care just as much if not more about each other than their personal goals, with the exception of maybe Rygel

They're on the run from the Peacekeepers and trying to survive and keep the family unit in one piece.

>I guess it's just starting to feel too episodic to me. No end game.
You're obviously not very far in, because season 3 isn't nearly as episodic as the first two and there is some pretty heavy plot headed your way

I was wrong. The studio thing was Season 4, not 3.

Scorpius alone makes the show an instant 10/10

>Season 4
I know the studio wanted them to introduce new characters, but other than that I don't see how they meddled. Again, I'll need a source

Alright, I'll keep going user. Cheers.

I always tell my friends to watch until the PK Tech Girl episode (and to skip episode 2) for them to get a better grasp of the show. By then, they are hooked.

because xe's edgy?

>that character you initially hated but grew to love over the course of the series

I love this. I love it when it's well done and not totally out of the blue. It worked so well here.

Glad to help

Keep in mind the show is pretty episodic all the way through, when I say plot I really mean character development, which really is the focus of the show rather than the story itself. Just wait until you get to the two-parter Into the Lion's Den though, you will shit

Not new, they wanted them to reintroduce the old cast slowly to ease new viewers (in th first 5 episodes). There's a lot of filler episodes (written by first-time sci-fi writers) too in that part of the season. They were told they would have a season 5 and that's why s4 was supposed to be a half-storyline, but they got cancelled (but finally finished it with TPKW mini.)

Source is some interviews I read when it was airing. I didn't save them. Google is our friend. I'll try to look them up for you.

Isn't this show like 20 years old or so? How did it become popular nowadays all of a sudden?
I kind of want to watch it now.

Pretty sure you're just tired of binge watching. Take a break, dude

Netflix.

It's being taken off Netflix at the end of this month, even though it has been on there for years. As far as I've heard, it won't be on any other streaming sites either.

There are definitely a few really lame standalone episodes in season 4, like A Prefect Murder and Coup by Clam but other than that I don't notice that much "filler." The show was always filled with one-off episodes and season 4 actually has even more focus on story than previous seasons

>I'll try to look them up for you.
thanks

Word of mouth, channels airing older shows, netflix, etc.

It's because it's been available on the three big streaming sites (Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime) for the last few years, it's an amazing show and thanks to that exposure it has more fans now than it did while it was on the air. It's too bad Hulu and Amazon have already taken it down and Netflix will be doing the same at the end of the month

>it's a Crichton makes a pose for a 80 year historical event episode

>It's being taken down

FOR WHAT PURPOSE?

not economically viable, limited copyright deals, you name it

well it's not like it's not on torrent, right guise?

>hey killed off Zhann

This is your answer right here.

it's not going to get easier to find on public trackers, especially with the tendency of shutting down any that gets past critical mass

Except for cuck dargo, I didn't hate the other things. I liked Jool, I hated Crais and Stark was just mad enough to be compatible with the rest of the crew. Of course I didn't like Zhaan leaving, but that was fate, nobody could do anything about it.

>it's not going to get easier to find on public trackers
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:d9864ca46d0daaa7a4150b844e6b0a64b1fb93d4&dn=Farscape%20Season%201%2c%202%2c%203%20%26%204%20%2b%20Extras%20BDRip%20TSV&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337

Problem solved, then? It's not like anybody is gonna care that you are downloading a show that is not broadcasting anymore.

I thought the two crichton story arc was pretty good. we also got probably the best romance plot scifi has ever seen.
'you see that one, that's that star right there. it's my point of reference, my guide, and it always becomes the center of my chart. I always name it aeryn.' - love it. in every other show dialogue like this would've been horribly cheesy but farsape made it work.

claudia black was perfect back then.

>single seed on for 150+ leechers
yeah great example

Welp. Glad I have the blu Rays but I been enjoying streaming it.

That's because it's a big torrent. You donwload the episodes you want, seed them, then delete and download the rest. I have the 2 season completely downloaded and my internet is not that good. One night of sleep was all it took.

Same here, the blu-ray set is must-buy for anyone who loves the show, dem bonus features

Although it'd be nice if they could find the original masters, pisses me off

I can't even count how many times I've jacked it to her, that voice alone makes me hard as steel

Pic related. Notice the download speed is not that bad.

Glad I am not the only one who her voice can give a erection to.

Just finished the series for the first time last night. IMO the 4th season was actually the best overall despite a few clunky filler episodes.
The 3 part finale was really well done and left the series feeling nicely complete all things considered.

I love the three-parter about Earth in season 4, probably the peak of the series

>>screaming bitch stays on until the end of the series

>Not wanting to fuck screaming bitches and cum on that stomach

>Not wanting a threesome with Jool and Sikozu

Nigger how basic can you get?

I'll take them all on at the same time

She's even hotter in PK Wars

I wanted to fuck that screaming bitch so hard though. That girl was fit.

Go to hell Starkk

now that's what i'm talking about famalam.

she hasn't aged well

i know, it's a damn shame. At least that show she's in is pretty decent.

eh, to be expected, it's an old show. even gigi is out of her prime now.

Miss Fisher is comfy as fuck

Wow that's awful, how did the showrunners get away with that shit? You can't just claim ignorance of poisoning your actor.

Pretty sure no one sane wore this shit as much as she did prior to Farscape. And she was offered multiple opportunities to leave, she just endured until there was no other option. Virginia Hey is a fucking trooper

It was always a shit show. It's easy to say "oh it's the '90s, you don't get the camp" -- trust me, I do. I was there, this kind of shit is my childhood. But Farscape is just too much man.

When it tries to be dramatic, it falls flat on it's face with it's weird inconsistent tone. The crap-of-the-week format doesn't help in that regard either.

When it tries to be sci-fi, it fails to established a consistent universe with consistent rules and ends up as little more than a silly theme park with silly puppets.

When it tries to be funny, it gets in your funny and yells "am I funny yet?". It's like having an obnoxious fat buddy who's into "absurdist" humor and you never know when he's gonna go off and do something stupid. And when he does, he doesn't stop but milks the everliving tits out of his stunt until you're begging him to stop embarrassing himself.

And that's really the kind of vibe I get from Farscape. A bunch of fat dudes are pissing themselves laughing and passing a blunt while brainstorming on what stupid shit they're gonna cram next into their puppet theater.

John Crichton is a good character though and his one liners and reactions to all the absurdity are not half bad.

>this post

Farscape to me feels like cheap fanfiction sometimes. Its soooo fucking sappy.

Still had some good plot lines/ episodes though.
Stargate is better.

>John Crichton is a good character

Lol no. This idiot ruined everything with terrible acting

>When it tries to be dramatic, it falls flat on it's face with it's weird inconsistent tone. The crap-of-the-week format doesn't help in that regard either.
Nah, the drama is great. There are times it even made me cry manly tears

>When it tries to be sci-fi, it fails to established a consistent universe with consistent rules and ends up as little more than a silly theme park with silly puppets.
It doesn't try to establish a consistent universe, the show is character-driven

>When it tries to be funny, it gets in your funny and yells "am I funny yet?". It's like having an obnoxious fat buddy who's into "absurdist" humor and you never know when he's gonna go off and do something stupid. And when he does, he doesn't stop but milks the everliving tits out of his stunt until you're begging him to stop embarrassing himself.
The humor is great, you just have shit taste. Everything Harvey does is worth a least a chuckle or two

>John Crichton is a good character though and his one liners and reactions to all the absurdity are not half bad.
They're all fantastic characters, and the way the show develops them and their interpersonal relationships is nothing short of brilliant.

Different strokes and all that, but holy fuck. No one listen to this person, Farscape is a great show

Browder is shit at first but eventually he really gets into the character and he's damn good, takes him more than a season to get there tho

>feels like fanfiction

>Stargate is better
A show that is nothing but fanfiction.

>generic Star Trek ripoff better than Farscape
kek

More like the opposite. He was good at first, then turned to shit. Kept yelling the entire second and third season. Honestly I was sometimes wondering if alcohol was involved.

He stopped playing a boring paper-thin scientist and started playing Ben Browder in space

I loved his antics, he gets crazier and crazier as a result of all the shit he's put through in this bizarre galaxy he ended up in

I guess I can understand why someone would find it annoying, but IMO he was great once he started getting weird, which I believe began after he was tortured by Scorpy

>it's a this episode episode

They didn't know about it at first, and then Hey herself wanted to push on as much as she could.

Even nowadays she rarely brings it up in interviews, because she said it tarnishes the show, and she wants people to have good memories about it.

Companies only license their shit to Netflix for a fixed period. Everytime content is up for renewal, the companies are greedy and demand more money than last time because Netflix's audience has grown and they want more. Eventually they ask for more than Netflix is willing to pay, and the content disappears. Thus, as Netflix has grown massively, its content base has actually shrunk significantly. This is why they push their original content so heavily.

top 5 for sure

>that scene where his mom is coming on to him

based Virginia

I would pay hundreds of dollars for an recording of her talking dirty or giving jerkoff instructions

That's dedication right there

This so damn much.

>ywn have a badass friend like D'Argo to watch your back and banter with

If you didn't tear up at the awesomeness of this scene you have no soul