What do you guys think about the laser doors in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace...

What do you guys think about the laser doors in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace? I have always wonder what purpose it has. Maybe Sup Forums can shine some light on it.

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Laser_gate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I trying to make sense of it. But I can't find any good answer about the lasers doors. Why must it be a laser doors for example?

Was this possibly the most intense fight in all of the Star Wars movies? It's a shame nothing will come close to it in the new movies

The laser doors block off the reactor cooling area for the power plant, I figure the doors cycle in such a way that a meltdown will always be contained by the doors but maintenance can still access the area.

As with most things in the prequels, Lucas pitched some stupid fucking idea (laser doors? What the actual fuck???) and the yes-men he surrounded himself with were like “fuck yeah let’s do it bro”.

The end of Rogue One where Vader cut down those rebels was more intense then this scene. It was all flash and no substance. The violence and careless attitude Vader displayed while brutally cutting people down spoke about his character, while in the prequel Maul jumped around like some sissy faggot.

Any reason why it has to be a laser doors?
How can laser doors cool down a room?
Will say pretty dangerous for maintenance works to walk through.

Ok since this is a Star Wars related thread I have a question. I noticed in the original film Ben says he fought with Luke's father in the clone wars. Does this mean they had the whole story already figured out that early? Or was it just chance that they figured something out like having a clone army battling droids in the prequels?

What are the clone war cartoons

What? Sorry I'm a little drunk. What I'm asking is it seems like they had a plan to have clones fighting battle droids since the very first episode of Star Wars. Yet people often shit on George Lucas for adding droids to the prequels

Ok, I would agree that the most likely decide major plot points, like clones and fighting droids, would have been decided before filming the movies

Yeah I think he had the basic gist of it down, timeline and event wise down (for backstory at least)
At least, he did before Empire. Before that it was just one movie from memory

The purpose was to isolate Obi Wan Kenobi from Qui-Gon Jinn so Darth Maul could cut him down.
Are you REALLY that thick?

That was the purpose in terms of the movie plot. He's asking that the purpose of it is in terms of lore and shit like that

they are there, because g. lucas is a fattard

yeah, right, thats the reason

So Dark Maul design a laser doors to only to cut of Obi Wan? It can make sense.

Just because it was Vader and clocked in at a whole 15 seconds, just barely long enough to jerk your tiny penis to completion, doesn't mean the scene was intense. It was a pretty decent scene surrounded by an absurdly bad movie, which only elevated it by comparison

>So Dark Maul design a laser doors to only to cut of Obi Wan? It can make sense.

what did he mean by this?

From wikia "Laser gates, also known as electron walls, were designed to protect high-security or dangerous areas by sealing them off with a wall of energy."

If this is true. Why don't they use steel doors for example?

That's your shitty opinion m8.
If you ask me, the careless attitude vader displayed made me wonder why the fuck he even bothered at all. You know he could kill them all by just crushing their throats, why do all this flashy BS if you're not even going to enjoy yourself?
Maul jumped around because his fighting style is different from vaders, who is more machine than man.

A steel door isn't going to stop a lightsaber or kill anyone who tries to pass

Only thought it was somewhat funny idea that maybe Darth Maul he self build the laser door room for a trap.

You know evil plans and stuff.

I've never watched star wars, so I don't know

It sounds more and more that builder guy. Always knew that it will be a epic Jedi vs Sith battle in the laser room.

So Sup Forums do you believe that the laser room has no purpose? That it was built as a trap?

looks like bernie sanders

you guys are all stupid as fuck

it was a ventilation system.

the energy fields cycled to filter and vent exhaust from the power plant, you know, the giant complex the light saber battle takes place in.

correct

you're a total idiot

Anybody trying to break into the reactor couldn't slip in and out real quick. There'd be a security cam watching the walls giving the guard watching loads of time to send security.

In a universe where jedi and sith exist, would you build anything important without their battles in mind?

>You guys are all stupid, only I know the true nature of this fictional setting where wizards battled with fire swords

always one retard that misses completely the point...

I have not watched any of the original movies, but I can acknowledge that the Vader scene in Rogue One was thematically appropriate and reflective of his character traits and power - a metaphorical god crushing ants. What was the Maul fight if it wasn’t pure spectacle for the sake of spectacle? You can cut it from the movie and it changes nothing. You don’t learn anything about Maul other then he likes to prance around like some middle school ballerina

Fuck, this is funny

So why is it not coming exhaust from the Reactor shaft that Darth Maul fell in to? Not sure how it works but will it not come steam or something out of it?

Is the hull that Darth Maul fell in to a reactor core?

Maul pranced around because he was a zabrak warrior and they tend to over come their opponents with speed and agility.

You can say he pranced around like a faggot, but it was just for movie effect you faggots, so it could look cool and you guys would pay to see it.

I thought it was cool. Is it any worse than the retarded Yoda flailing and flips.

As for the laser doors, I'm sure there there some lore behind it, but like they said it went to a reactor of some sort.

I wish Lucas had written a book called " all the tedious shit faggots will ask after the movies are done "

That way you would have something to quell your sperg rage

Why not build steel doors in between the laser gates?

Pretty smart. Safe for work and lasersaber-proof! I'm calling George Lucas about the new idea. Steel door and laser genius.