What the actual fuck is the big deal about "new years"

What the actual fuck is the big deal about "new years"

>Be 45BC
>Be Julius Ceaser
>Tell everyone January 1st is the new year
>everyone just flies with it
>mfw we've celebrated a day that someone randomly chose becuase it was a dictator
>mfw people actually think it means something
>mfw I rather just act like it was another day instead of pretending it's something special

What do you Sup Forumsros think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Day
infoplease.com/calendar-holidays/major-holidays/history-new-year
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What do you Sup Forumsros think?

I think you must be 18 to post here

die

I think you are on to something. Something really fucking stupid...

Every goddam thing is this way. Why is Jan 1st not a good choice, if it is as you say, the same as any other day. Just as good as any other day.

Your are just "acting like it's a normal day" because you have no one to spend time with on the holiday. So you react against it to feel better about your shitty self.

Have fun beating off alone while the rest of us celebrate another year of being alive loving life.

Any reason to get shitfaced mate

This may actually be the gayest shit i've ever read. Thank you for making my 2017 better knowing cuck fags like you actually exist. xx

Now that is an actual reason! Fuck oath.

It isn't a big deal, just to the media and time followers. In real time the earth and etc don't know what a year is to us, the calender is just an allusion. It still feels like 2016 to me bit I don't keep track anymore, because I have my own destiny that I do not need nor want to share with other's. People that do new year habits most likely fall, that would be like me I have been smoking weed for 5 years everyday and thought oh I break this dependent addiction because the rest of the media and etc r doing new year changes. "No I would fail."

Well thank you for seeing it the way I do.

As for the weed thing, consider taking a break for a while just to see if you can. Not a forever thing, just for a while, that is if it effecting your life.

If you're still working, getting paid, and holding stable relationships, then no need to actually stop unless you sense other health issues with your lungs.

Yeah i know, its hard being remembered how old one is becoming and still no girlfriend.

Julius Caesar knew the people needed a party, so he chose Times Square since it was becoming more popular. He had his personal musician, Dickus Clarkus put on the first festivities of January, and that's why we still do it today.

kek

We celebrate the randomness of it, you fucking prick.

Shht... fyi, it's about getting pussy or party with close ones you basement piece of shit.

Where are your sources that Julius Ceaser dictated January 1st as the new year?

aww puppy is cute and I agree with you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year's_Day
www.history.com/topics/holidays/new-years

infoplease.com/calendar-holidays/major-holidays/history-new-year

>implying the choice of day matters
A day had to be chosen to represent the first day of a new cycle of seasons with each revolution of the Earth about the Sun, why not Jan 1st?
Just enjoy a night of partying, goodwill and getting shitfaced.

Burn?

I agree with your partying decisions, but people like some of my friends thing "it's a time to restart" which I think is bull.

It's a reason to fucked up on a random day.

Just another excuse to get drunk

The first time the new year was celebrated on January 1st was in Rome in 153 B.C. (In fact, the month of January did not even exist until around 700 B.C., when the second king of Rome,Numa Pontilius, added the months of January and February.) The new year was moved from March to January because that was the beginning of the civil year, the month that the two newly electedRoman consuls—the highest officials in the Roman republic—began their one-year tenure.-infoplease

So Julius Ceaser didn't come up with the idea, but rather Numa Pontilius; based off the face that it was the month of the election of the 2 most powerful officials in Rome. Then, naturally, the 1st of the 1st month should be deemed the start of the new year.

Following this, Rome's massive influence on the world thereafter, as well as Christianity's influence, we can see how we come to modern day New Years. I don't see the problem with this.

Yeah I hate the pretentiousness of 'new year, new me'.
Fuck off, you'll be exactly the same.

This is akin to trying to justify not giving people gifts or spending time with family and friends on Christmas. It's a pagan holiday that lined up with the birth of Christ. Following the mix of cultures due to Norse invasion and occupation of England and France, the two cultures intertwined and over the course of time we get to where we are today. Only the gifting portion of it is heavily abused by capitalist.

You and your 250 IQ can sit in the corner while the adults have an excuse to have fun with their friends and reflect on the last year of their life.

Just goes to show that the whites are just another group of sheep, submitting themselves to authority because they lack any of thier own

This.

>adults have an excuse to have fun
adults don't need excuses to have fun youngling

In soviet Russia, Christmas was banned.
The people turned new years into a holiday of family and friendship, gift giving and celebration.
So fuck off basement dweller- community is the fabric of modern civilization.

I just feel like shit because all my friends are not fun to hang out with

>a compulsive liar big titted whore
>a prog music obsessed engineering student
>a robot trying to blend in events with a shitload of normies

Doesn't apply exclusively to new year's eve but it's even worse these days.

Just kill yourself already

you are fucking retarded, kill yourself faggot!

go back to school retard