Drinking thread

Drinking thread.

How much do you drink on a night of drinking?

Not enough to kill me, but enough to make me pass out normally
So about a bottle or an 18 pack.

Used to be a bottle a night. I've been sober for 6 months and honestly I feel so much better. Hated having to keep drinking to stave of the delirium tremens and the withdrawals. I couldn't eat if I hadn't had anything to drink before. I would have to chug beers in the bathroom at work just to stay functional. Fuck I hated being an alcoholic.

I used to drink during the day, 20 beer cans from noon to 18:00

That sounds rough. How did it escalate to that?

As much as I have/can

>How much do you drink on a night of drinking?

I quit in 2011.
Put my alcohol $ into stock market.
Currently at $120,000

Feels alot better than drunk

Stuck in a bad relationship and genetically predisposed to alcoholism, hence the withdrawals and shit after just a year of heavy drinking. Some people can drink like that for years and when they aren't drinking they just get a mild hangover if anything, I wasn't one of those people. I had to go to rehab and there was a few days before I'd be admitted, so they told me not to stop drinking or I could die. Once I was in rehab they put me on benzos while I withdrew and once I got out I was so happy I haven't even had the urge to drink since.

Are you a native?

What do you do for a living?

proud of you Sup Forumsro
drinking really is the biggest waste of money

On the nights I do drink every week or two I put away have a fifth of rye whiskey. My favorite is Angels Envy, but here lately I've been enjoying Bulleit rye. Almost as good for less than half the price.

Nope, of Norwegian ancestry, but I guess their Nordic tolerance got bred out of us in 3 generations of career drinkers going through life on a bender

Only (besides from certain holidays) drink during festivals like Wacken and Sweden Rock and then I can knock back 24 cans (5% / 0.33L) a day without a problem between bands performances.
I rarely drink hard liquor anymore (used to a lot) because it only results in a shitty hangover and bad decisions. Beer is my thing.

>What do you do for a living?

IT in advertising

>drinking really is the biggest waste of money

waste of money, time, health. life...

>Sweden Rock
fuck yes

dwf

It depends on how much I have eaten in the previous meal, sometimes. I can start feeling dizzy with 4 beers or not feel anything after drinking 2 six packs.

dd

Anytips on being sober, I plan to go a year of mostly being sober other than potentially big celebrations IE birthdays or holidays, while I focus on trying to better my life.

About 750ml of the hard stuff

You must have been drinking out a lot and bought drinks for other in some major city

Honestly you have to want to quit. Don't replace it with other drugs like weed. Also it's such a slippery slope so be careful with the birthdays and holidays thing, it might lead to drinking all the time. Once you're off of it, avoid drinking people and situations for a few months. Stay busy, keep your mind occupied, and above all, don't drink when you're depressed, even if you're sticking to the birthdays and holiday thing. I dunno if your experience will be like mine but I felt so good being sober, it was easy to stay clean, but you might lose your social group.

i drink two 42oz a night now, used to drink hard liquor, but like previous poster said
>it only resulted in bad decisions (DWI) and hangovers
two 42oz is like drinking 13 beers and some change, i think I can stay at this for the rest of my life and be satisfied

I currently know 0 people have 0 friends and haven't had a job in over a year. I think I'll be fine on the social group part, That being said I'll try, I'm very use to social "drinking/smoking" whatever else. While I have no desire to actively smoke weed or do any hard drugs, I will if offered so issue is the friends I'll make at any potential job but will be sure to try and stay clean. I just hate being that one guy with a stick up his ass.

Thanks for advice nonetheless and will be sure to follow it best I can in the following year.

dont listen to this jew

>a beer is 12 oz
>42 x 2 is 84
>84/12 is 7
Bitch you barely drinking anything, not even clsoe to 13 beers.

People don't actually think that about sober people. As long as you say stuff like I quit drinking/smoking instead of I don't drink/smoke, most people understand what's up and don't act like it's a big deal. They understand you're not the guy with the stick up his ass but the guy who finally gave up the bullshit. Every drug addict knows its bullshit they just can't quit, so if anything they will be happy for you, even as they drink or smoke the night away.

all of it.

>You must have been drinking out a lot and bought drinks for other in some major city

I live in a major city but didn't really go out alot.
But when I did, I spent alot more than now.

My drunken allowance was ~$850 a month. 90% of that amount was alcohol - 10% misc drunken/stupid shit

I started with just mutal funds at first. Then added individual stocks after that.

Re-invested most of the dividends.

Well done user, you have my full respect. Keep it up.