ITT: times the studio lied in the trailer

ITT: times the studio lied in the trailer

i'll start

what is this?

You know that ugly digital Bolg orc from The Hobbit movies? They actually shot him like that and then fucked it up in editing later.

pic related is azog before CGI

pic is bolg, the son of azog

feelsbadman

1000 times better than what we got. Goddamn Jackson.

Horrible. Just horrible.

Conan Stevens wasn't actually in any trailer, but this scrapped (awesoem) shot of Azog was.

Early plotlines involved Azog continuing to chase Thorin and co. all the way to Laketown, while his son stays at Dol Guldur. There wasd a big scrapped setpiece involving the White Council and Beorn vs Bolg, while Azog led the armies to Erebor. Everything was changed and in the end we get barely any Beorn, and a much worse Bolg design.

why did he stick?

what the fuck is this?

something from the extended edition?

I notice horror movies kind of lying in trailers now to not spoil jump scares. They'll shoot it one way for the trailer but the cut that makes it to the movie is different, but takes place in the same scene.

He had an arrow of a blade stuck in his skill or something like that.

one of the dwarves(idk his name) has an axe head lodged in his skull, although by the looks of it i think the dwarf should be dead cause the blade of the axe is facing in and only a spike is facing out, that scene isn't in the original, i think its in the extended version

goddamn what a shitty movie.

that looks so bad and so fucking stupid

Wow I never knew they had such great practical effects for the Orcs in the Hobbit trilogy.

Don't blame Jackson, those designs have his mark all over him. Looks like he and the fans got ROYALLY fucked by Hollywood in post.

oh my god why, that looked so much better wtf

That's a little bit of a callback, when he's introduced in an unexpected journey one of them says something about him getting hit in the head with an axe.

Maybe it didn't test well in HFR? I don't know.

It's hardly a "callback" since you can see the axe sticking out of his head throughout all three movies.

R-really?

K A N G A R O O

J A C K

>Expect CGI Kangaroo adventures
>Get underrated mob caper in Australia and a interracial bromance