- Animals
- The Wall

>ROGER WATERS IS A HACK TIER
-The Final Cut

PATGOD
WYWH and SOS are close 2nds

Kill yourself

WYWH>Animals>DSotM>Meddle>The Wall>PATGOD>SOS>AHM>OBC

I really don’t understand the fuss about PATGOD. Aside from some good guitar riffs it’s really just a shitty album coasting on the fact that it’s “experimental”
Also Syd was a liability to Pink Floyd and they were better off without him.

Fuck you Roger.

Animals is pleb tier? I'm gonna disagree with that one, pal. Otherwise your list is spot on.

>Sup Forums has good taste they said

Animals is fucking trash

Why does Sup Forums hate the wall?

Its too popular and shit taste

Friendo !HXO/gm/qm2 Wed 09 Aug 2017 00:22:47 No.74442137 View
The majority of the songs fall between boring and aggressively bad. As many people point out, half of them feel like they don't need to be there at all (personally I would just prefer the songs be better written).

Roger is a bottom-of-the-barrel songwriter and his tumbleweed approach to making music is especially heinous when he attempts to make grandiose-sounding songs (this is at odds with tracks in which it works out such as Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun / Grantchester Meadows).

The subject matter is infuriatingly juvenile- at 14 I was getting uncomfortable with the way the album approaches issues of abandonment, abuse of power,self-loathing, social isolation. The album reads like a 12-year-old's diary entries played out with a few instruments sitting around.

There is zero reason to listen to the album when you could just watch the film and be distracted from the lame tunes by some pretty pictures.

These are just the main reasons, I could probably go on but then I'd be putting thought into it which I'm not really inclined to do.

Objectively speaking animals is the best, you can like others better but it signifies what they themselves wanted.
Ummagumma studio is my favorite

It's really bloated and it's Roger Waters too far up his own ass. There's some good stuff on it though and the concept is interesting but I think it works better as a movie.

>tumbleweed approach
what does this mean?

>Liking Saucerful of Secrets the most
Fucking why? It's inferior to Piper in every way and the only worthwhile songs on it were performed better on the live set of Ummagumma and Jugband Blues.

barebones, nothing much going on, does not reward serious attention as some of their other works do

this. if The Wall was condensed into a single album, it could potentially be the goat floyd album

Ahh yes, I find myself yearning for the whimsical merry of "The Gnome" when deep in the snoozefest of "Let There Be More Light." (not really)

>it could potentially be the goat
No. No, no, no. It has a handful of good moments (not even good tracks) and no amount of shuffling the deck will imrpove the quality of the cards.

This one.

their only good albums were DSotM and The Wall, every album after that DSotM sounded like a wannabe try-hard copy of DSotM until they finally broke out of the mold with The Wall. The Wall was all Roger Waters idea and despite the huge success of the album the ungrateful members hated him for his forcefulness in breaking them out of their shell and it broke up the band

You do realize that Relics is just a compilation of odds and ends, don't you? If you want compilations it think pic posted in is much better.

KYS!

Because it's so negative and pessimistic.

I think ASOS is just as good as PATGOD. It was the logical next step.

youtube.com/watch?v=eVdJCGUHL4A

Yeah, I like the odds and ends. I'll check the tracklist of the other one, thanks.

A lot of stuff on there is on Relics, but there's also a lot of stuff on there that were b-sides to singles that are quite hard to find. It's all PATGOD and ASOS period PF, so if you're a Syd fan, you'll enjoy this.

can we all agree Live at Pompei was the best live concert movie ever?
youtube.com/watch?v=UchHcUFJkoQ

Let There Be More Light's lyrics are just frankly embarrassing. The whole of Saucerful has that same problem. None of the other members were on Syd's level lyrically yet. Piper was true psychedelic rock, Saucerful was an attempt at psychedelic rock by amateurs.

> The whole of Saucerful has that same problem.
The whole of their career does, with few exceptions. As long as the vocals carry a melody and don't clash too hard I typically give them a pass.

>None of the other members were on Syd's level lyrically yet.
OK.
>He wore a scarlet tunic / a blue-green hood / it looked quite good
>Gold is lead / choke on bread / underfed
>I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like / It's got a basket, a bell that rings / And things to make it look good / I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

I've never cared too deeply about their lyrics either way, but please don't pretend that Syd was whipping up anything special while he was with the band. It was hooky kooky nonsense.

pink floyd is snooze grandpa tier

The Final Cut.

contrarian

Dark Side. It's not really even close. It's weird how they made such a masterpiece and went on to make such, frankly, garbage.

WYWH and Animals are both tied for second though, both very solid. All of the rest of their albums are either meh or actually bad.

Contrarian, AKA "anyone who disagrees with me, ever."

Here's the official list

The Wall > The Final Cut > Animals > DSOTM > AHM > WYWH > Division Bell > Meddle = SOS > MLOR

Everything else doesn't matter

The official list has already been posted here This is common knowledge.

Whoever posted that list was trolling. Refer to my post for the proper ranks

>Whoever posted that list was trolling.
Posting the correct list != "trolling"

>proper ranks
This is incorrect.

>ctrl + f
>no zabriskie point

Why Sup Forums?

Why does nobody talk about this album? It's fucking brilliant

The Wall is the greatest album of all time

I don't know if I am a moron but I just don't understand the fuss for this band. Everything I have tried listening to has been quite dull minus some tracks from Meddle.

which tracks

WYWH>Meedle>DSotM

Echoes part 2 & San Tropez

>part 2

???

Crumbling Lands is one of the better post Barrett PF songs out there, along with Point Me to The Sky.

GO TO BED, ROGER!

Actually Meddle is one of the few post Barrett PF albums I can listen to from start to finish, but my favorite songs would be One of These Days and Fearless.

1. Dark Side of the Moon
2. Meddle
3. Wish You Were Here
4. Animals
5. The Wall
6. Atom Heart Mother
7. Saucerful of Secrets
8. Piper at the Gates of Dawn
9. Obscured by Clouds
10. Division Bell
11. Momentary Lapse of Reason