Unofficial /SG/ Tread

This tread is dedicated to talk about the current situation in Syria and Iraq.

I dont have a bread so feel free to make one.
>kurds capture a village south/west of Mosul
>iraq troops capture more ground in Falluhjah
>fsa getting rekt by isis,North of Alleppo. Kurds join in ti capture/defend said villages
> new mass grave found in Palmyra
> isis captures a tank in Deir-es-soir

Other urls found in this thread:

syriagenerals.wordpress.com/
youtu.be/wELCDCPsw6M
mideast.liveuamap.com/
militarymaps.info/
cartercenter.org/syria-conflict-map/
edmaps.com/html/syrian_civil_war_in_maps.html
i.imgur.com/jHGirkC.jpg
i.imgur.com/ragniNb.jpg
i.imgur.com/meeSGLU.jpg
i.imgur.com/elV1ugM.jpg
i.imgur.com/0xQlCdp.jpg
e.top4top.net/p_140m6yy1.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=6-hsZKG7d5Y
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3615928/Iraqi-forces-ENTER-Fallujah-Troops-storm-ISIS-bastion-three-fronts-massive-dawn-offensive-new-phase-guerrilla-warfare-begins-amid-fears-jihadis-use-50-000-civilians-human-shields.html
cheapoair.com/fpnext/Air/Listing/s/1
haberiyakala.com/2016-05-30-cumhurbaskani-erdogan-pkkya-fuzeleri-rusyanin-verdigini-acikladi-h180664.haber
youtube.com/watch?v=VjYpHrbD2C4
youtube.com/watch?v=sAspz720tko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>kurds starting Manbij operation today
>SAA shelled Manbij yesterday
Is it happening? Was the Raqqa attack a feint?

Saa used tactics to make believe that they are atracking, ir will be launching large offensives. They saud that about multiple strategic front, to never do this.
Rebels and isis are on edge and cant attack due to this misinformation.

Nobody knows were or when the next offensive will take place. By doing so they have succesfully created a stalemate between the saa and the rebels/isis.

This gives them the time to relax and reload to launch the new attack.

Maybe, by saying they will capture Raqqua l, they have moved a lot of forces away from raqqua. Also with isis forces now targeting fsa, they cant use those forces to defend Manbij. If they do so,than the Kurds can/ will overtake fsa possitions >Azzaz. And possible some isis points.

They secured their southern front at the West side of the river so they have a clear path towards Manbij.

If they do capture Manbij and maybe move up a bit from both flanks (Western and Eastern flank) they could potentially cut off isis supply routes from Turkey.

Self bumb. Please were are my /SG/ Bros at?

The southern front on the westbank looks easily defendable. There's a hill range stretching westwards to the soutwest of Mabbij overlooking both major roads to Raqqa.

3rd road is 2kms away from SAA positions. While they won't cut off ISIS from Turkey completely it would still hinder them by a lot I'd think.

There have been rumours of YPG massing forces from the Raqqa offensive for days now, this might be a big thing.

I sure hope so.would be nice to have another offensive to keep /SG/ alive.

If the Kurds manage to capture the whole Northern flank, and include the moderate rebels than Turkey doenst have a leg to stand on, so he might try to hinder it.

Who knows what will happen.

Considering SAA bombarded Mabij this might be a joint offensive.

I'm getting hyped here.

Have some old OP
Links updated for May 28
syriagenerals.wordpress.com/ (everything you need is here)

>Interview w/ Assad
youtu.be/wELCDCPsw6M

PERMA MAPS
>Live hohol with ticker
mideast.liveuamap.com/
>Interactive military map
militarymaps.info/
>Timeline map of Syria
cartercenter.org/syria-conflict-map/
>Fan maps
@syria_protector
@PetoLucem
@miladvisor
@a7_mirza
@hamza_780
edmaps.com/html/syrian_civil_war_in_maps.html

RECENT MAPS
New maps:
>North Aleppo (May 28)
i.imgur.com/jHGirkC.jpg
>Raqqah (May 24)
i.imgur.com/ragniNb.jpg
>Fallujah (May 24)
i.imgur.com/meeSGLU.jpg
>Shengal (May 22)
i.imgur.com/elV1ugM.jpg
>Dier Ezzor (May 22)
i.imgur.com/0xQlCdp.jpg
>East Gouta (May 21)
e.top4top.net/p_140m6yy1.jpg

DEVELOPMENTS MAY 28
>Syrian Army, opposition forces agree to 15 day ceasefire in Khan Al-Sheih
>Syrian Army advances at Wadi Al-Tayyim in southwest Deir Ezzor
>Israeli Deputy Minister admits to visiting Syria
>Major offensive looms in Darayya as two Syrian Army tank regiments arrive
>U.S. drone strike kills ISIS emir of northern Raqqa: report
>Syrian Army destroys ISIS convoy in northern Sweida
>YPG capture village from FSA rebels in northern Aleppo
>New Syrian Army virtually wiped out by ISIS suicide bomber attack
>ISIS captures large batch of weaponry from rebels in northern Aleppo
>Tiger Forces mobilize T-90 tanks for upcoming Aleppo offensive
>Nusra gets daily weapons supply from Turkey: Russian military
>Iraqi Armed Forces kill over 110 ISIS terrorists in 24 hours: MoD
>Iraqi Army liberates several sites near Fallujah
>US blocks transfer of cluster bombs to Saudi over Yemen War: report

Previous

Coalition airstrikes too supposedly.

Over here

Al-hayat media center will release a video SOON

> new mass grave found in Palmyra

this is some world war 2 tier shit goin down

Thanks for sharing and welcome

The only areas making progress are the ones were US troops are assisting and advising.

Russia hasn't done shit to counter ISIS in Syria and they have been there for months bombing. Russia cannot afford to keep this campaign going on indefinitely and there is no way they can root out ISIS in that amount of time.

> FSA is getting rekt by ISIS

You mean to tell me that you /SG/ fags finally realise there is more than just one group fighting for control of the region?

Nice webm, but the dates on the top and legenda are sometimes different

Saa cannot fight isis if the rebels are still arround
Usa has only one enemy, Isis. So it makes sense that they achieve the most gains. While the saa is fighting islamic extremist, uurrrrr I mean moderate rebels and isis. They have multiple fronts and cannot have multiple offensives going on at the same time. With Russian aircover they are now in a position to attack, because if they would get attacked on a other frotn, the attackers would get bombed.

If the Rebels are taken out,then the Saa would go full blitzkrieg against isis. Just wait.

Oh here we go, the Americans are finally doing something so here comes the American superiority-complex and saviour-complex.

>The only areas making progress are the ones were US troops are assisting and advising.
Blatantly false. Russian support against ISIS has helped with the recapture of
Qaryatayn
Palmyra
Khanasir

The SDF with American advisors has made some progress but not as much as you seem to believe.
However Im not retarded, so I acknowledge the accomplishments of the American-backed SDF, unlike you who is incapable of acknowledging what your "enemies" (get out of the Cold War already) have done.

>they have been there for months bombing
So has CJTF-OIR.

>finally realise there is more than just one group
Nobody ever said that, are you fucking retarded??

Busy looking for work. I'm sick of NEET life.

I found deepcover
he is alive :D
he was in the afrikaan thread

Iktf, been there.

Funny how ten years ago all you had to do was to show up in the morning in your overalls on pretty much any place and there was always something to do. Nowadays they just stare at you like a crazy person if you go anywhere physically. "Did you fill the form on our website?" Fuck this.

will this thread die?

Iraqi forces have begun a direct assault to retake Fallujah from ISIS.

It's on boys

youtube.com/watch?v=6-hsZKG7d5Y

Heavy fighting today

Probably.

SO MUCH GOING ON, TRYIN TO BE A ZYZZ,, AINT GONNA HAPPEN

They have already taken Nuamiya they claim

True,

I was done with Highschool and had to wait before enlisting in the Army. Still sucked to be at home that long.

I am now in college so after I am done with my study, it would be easy for me to find a job cause in my field there are a lot of job opportunities.

Still best of luck. Perhaps listen to them and do the internet stuff. There are website which help you write a job applicaion form, CV. also there are courses to boost your jobinterview skills. Might be usefull when they want to actually interview you.

I have masters in physics and bachelor's in electronics engineering but all I want to do is just drive a lorry or build something useful. I know how to handle interviews and shit, it's just that the place I live right now has the highest unemployment rate of all the cities in EU so no use to fill any forms.

Took me a while to find a thread because of the new tittle.

Perhaps try to find a job outside of the city. Might be a good change.

i've heard the job market sucks in europe but in america literally all you have to do is show up same time and same day each weak and pester the manager. after a while they know you're serious and they remember your name.

That's what I'm doing next. There's always work at a nearby horse racing ring. I need to fix my moped first tho.

are you really that suprised, that they found a mass grave in a city that was under daesh controll for a year? I mean they did the whole mass execution in a roman amphitheatre thing.

Hope they will do better than the USA in felujah

yea why is it an unoficial /sg/?

i know that feel perkele-bro

>Russia cannot afford to keep this campaign going on indefinitely

yes they can its like 2 or 3 percent of their military budget

>Russia hasn't done shit to counter ISIS in Syria
they did destroy the whole oil buisness of the IS tho, bringing down the biggest money making operation the IS had. And helped to capture allot of cities and towns. Lets not forget how the RuAF changed the tide in favour of SAA when they entered the war.

just a question; are you new to /sg/?

Because the real one would have a bread, I only had a small croissant. They said that the costs of Syria intervention are about the same of a large scale excersise. This is also in line of the Expanding of their armed forces and the modernisations of their army equipment. They are testing new planes and new weapon systems in Syria to use that info to boost research and boost innovations. If this succeeds, they will be able to sell this new army stuff to other nations, thus turning a profit, or at least limiting the costs of the whole operation.

Alright /SG/ so I've been in contact with a kurdish recruiter who tells me that the YPG would accept me as a volunteer, but that the Turkey/Syria border is closed. I have an acquaintance whose brother is a policeman in Mardin and might be able to at least give me some information about the area once I get there.

My main issue would be figuring out how to cross into Syria considering the Turkish jandarmis are supposedly guarding the border.

What would be my best way to get into the Kurdish-controlled Syria?

Some additional info, I'm an 18 year old white American, and I would be leaving end of August if I go. Also, what should I bring if I were to do this?

Jordan - Syria border is open. And even more obvious way is to go to Iraq-Iraqi kurdistan-Syrian rojava.

You gotta update us if you end up going

so your bakery got destroyed by a tacticaly placed barrel bomb?

Reported to Departmant of the Cyber Crime

*farts*

some people say the SAA and YPG are enemies. I beg to differ: The handarat offensives by the SAA (Liwa Al Quds) are always simultanious with an YPG assault from sheikh Masqoud trying too take yuoth housing and meeting in the middle.

Tiger forces from kuweires, SDF from trisheen dam. SAA attack Al Bab and or Dayr Hafir, SDF attack Manbij = IS fucked

Please continue shitposting on /SG/

Also, the tide is turning for ISIS, they are on the loosing side, and have been for quite some time. By the time it is August, Iraqi Army will be continuing their attacks on ISIS. Maybe in Northern Iraq, But I doubt since they would first have to secure, Falluhjah, other pockets of resistance and maybe later secure the Highways to cover their flank. After this is done, they will advance in the Northen Direction.

SAA, Is still busy fighting moderate beheaders, so the only fight they do against ISIS, is near Palmyra and with Airstrikes ( Russia as well) .

By the time it is August, you will see that the SDF, and YPG, will have captured more grounds and will be advancing further. Perhaps they will have captured some more towns arround Mosul, to cut off ISIS.

Best of luck. But still, You are quite young IMO, just stay safe. Wars pass, but it would be sad to see pass away. Get my feeling?

Anyway pic related. Good luck

man nevermind about arabs.
just stay in turkey kill many t*rk as you can

Jordan would be the place to go if I wanted to trek a few hundred miles through ISIS-controlled territory to get to the Kurds. I don't know much about Iraq, but what I don't want to do is having to find my way through an area that would be pretty hostile to Westerners anyways.
For what? Planning to fly to Turkey, where I will commit no crimes besides leaving?
If I go I will try and post on Sup Forums when I can.
I don't have anything against Turks. I want to fight ISIS.
Thank you based Netherbro. I will try and stay safe if I manage to go.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3615928/Iraqi-forces-ENTER-Fallujah-Troops-storm-ISIS-bastion-three-fronts-massive-dawn-offensive-new-phase-guerrilla-warfare-begins-amid-fears-jihadis-use-50-000-civilians-human-shields.html

YPG is an terrorist organization for Turkish government. If you get caught you would be punished at least 10 years. Also Erdoğan go full mad, there is a new terrorism law that basicly state can decide who is terrorist who is not. You would be treated as either spy or terrorist in those cities (urfa, mardin, şırnak etc.) because there is literally 0 foreigners there.

What about plans to go fight ISIS by myself? If I was not planning on going to join the YPG but just to try to get into Syria and kill some terrorists alone? Would the Turkish government still arrest me?

No. also its Isis mane

>Jordan would be the place to go if I wanted to trek a few hundred miles through ISIS-controlled
Yeah thats the first thing that comes to the mind, but i heard stories of americans going through Jordan.

Anyway if you contacted the recruiter he can probably tell you some hints of how to get there or maybe even lend you a hand when you will arrive.

You can perhaps go to Iraq. No erdogan there ;)

Or you can join the SDF, first contact the Ypg, they will bring you to SDF, they are ighting the same enemy, they just have different members.

>puttin your life in danger for a bunch of shitskins

You cant convince anyone that you are gonna fight against isis by yourself. But if you join a rebel battalion, police wont do anything.

You're best bet would be to probably travel to Kurdish-Iraq and make contact with pro-YPG people in Erbil and get them to help smuggle you into Kurdish-Syria.

When I first contacted the recruiter he told me that all borders were closed and that just getting to the YPG would be impossible. I asked him that if I managed to get into Syria, would the YPG accept me and he said yes.

Are there flights going into Iraq from the US or Canada? (I am a dual citizen of US and Canada so I can leave from either)

I'm not going to convince anybody of that I know. But I want to fight ISIS without getting arrested, how would I do that is what I would like to know.

Do your parents know about your plans?
Stilll answer me, Why not fight ISIS in Iraq?

Are there flights going into Iraq from the US or Canada? (I am a dual citizen of US and Canada so I can leave from either)

cheapoair.com/fpnext/Air/Listing/s/1

One google search...

You have no idea wtf you are talking. You will be an unimportant egg in order to make omlet.

Erdogan says that he knows that PKK Manpads came from Russia

haberiyakala.com/2016-05-30-cumhurbaskani-erdogan-pkkya-fuzeleri-rusyanin-verdigini-acikladi-h180664.haber

>implying there wont be any consequences
I will post that pic when someone blow Moscow up.

Kek you are having 5 terroristic acts every week man. If we will start posting them i will surely be ahead.

Greetings,Pootenists!

I didnt mean that. Do you remember 90s. When Russia was really supporting PKK. All of your support suddenly stopped. Why did you change you policy suddenly back then?

A fucking slavshit's inghlish

"Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran 4:74

Şu yukarıdaki pkkya katulmak isteyn orospu çocuğuna baksana amk çocukları amerikaya bile adam toplamak için temsilci yollamışlar

will the war ever end?

End of Cold war, Fragmentation of Soviet-Union. Just my guess though.

Only the Dead See the End of War

Not until every ISIS/Nusra/FSA rat is liquidated.

>90s. When Russia was really supporting PKK
90ties is a mess m8. We were broken and lost all the influence on the other countries. Ukraine, kavkazian states, Turkey and all the others.

We literally couldn't afford the support.

Only close to 2000ties with Putin in charge we started to get back in saddle.

>An armored ISIS car bomb captured by Iraqi forces
youtube.com/watch?v=VjYpHrbD2C4

>Battles for Syria | May 29th 2016
youtube.com/watch?v=sAspz720tko

No, Turkey and Russia made an agreement that they wont support terrorists against eachother. We got Öcalan and destroyed Pkk while Russia retake Chechenia. Putin fucked everything in order to streghten his charisma and make people forget his economic failure.

What's is everyone's bet for the date of this war's end?

well fuck

>90ties is a mess m8. We were broken and lost all the influence on the other countries
but you still helped us out against pakistan when no one else did and even usa and uk gave them military support
thanks russiabro

not in our lifetime, so betting is meaningless

Oruspu çocukları sonları yakin merak etme. Hep akpnin suriye politikasinin sonuçlari bunlar

All sides are utter shit, we shouldn't get involved.

e*doğanın başı ezilmedikce pkk da işid de asla durmaz

Iraq ( If the ypg doesnt fight the Iraqi Army ) 2018a 2019

because india will become superpower and nuke ISIS

in all seriousness a couple more years

Adam pkk ile secim kazaniyor amk

>we shouldn't get involved
Good luck telling Qatar and the Saudis that.

>Battles for Syria | May 29th 2016

This is a good source of Info.

I ask everyone to include this channel in futre breads

Chechen rebels had shitloads of jihadis that were coming from Turkey.
They werent just turks but just like now in Syria, they were armed/trained and given medical care in Turkey. Not to mention the funding.

10 yıl k*rtlerle oy kasdı, şimdi k*rtlerle savaşarak oy kasıyor

25-26 February 1992 best days of my life

Abi sen bunu Azerbaycan'dan anlıyorsun bizim gerizekalılar burada yaşamalarına rağmen anlamıyor. Orospu çocuğunun bir gün dediği ile ertesi gün dediği farklı ama gerizekalılar her dediğini ölümüne savunuyor.

Aynen öle olan ölen sehitlerimize oluyor saray icin öldüler

YAŞASIN TÜRKCÜ MİLLIYETCİ TÜRKİYE

From Dubai (and lots of other places) you can fly to Erbil. From there you can drive to some mountains and trek a day into Syria.
That's what the previous guy who claimed to go fight with the YPG said.

They fly to Erbil from Jordan according to another poster.

apparently FSA is doing a counteroffensive against ISIS at Azaz

lmao.. it never ends

Some minor gains reported in Latakia north of Kinsabba and in east Homs near Shaer fields.

Where's the official /sg/ thread today?

Hohol maps report of the 50+ and even 300 airstrikes on the rebel held part of the Aleppo city.

I wonder if it is true or Hohol map is trying to say "Russia is bad" again.

>muh white helmets