Post movies that were mistakes

Post movies that were mistakes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Knn5_Kh6ndE
youtube.com/watch?v=L8OZpmIWcxg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But I liked that mistake.

Aliens

I take it back George, I take it all back...

Most of this franchise was a mistake

I watched this one time thinking there would be at least some amusing racism, there wasn't even that. There was nothing good about this at all.

delete this

shut the fuck up

shut up

Only the CG was shit, everything else was decent to good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Knn5_Kh6ndE

But that's one of the best scenes in the movie, next to the ending. Why didn't you pick the surfing scene if you wanted to make a point?

/thread

T1 and T2 together with Escape from NY and Escape from LA are encapsulations of the shift between 80s and 90s movies.

>T1/EFNY
>gritty
>horror elements
>humor is downbeat
>moral ambiguity
>When are acceptable losses unacceptable?
>main characters scarred by their experience
>truly ambiguous endings that leave negative outcomes as possibilities

>T2/EFLA
>significantly less greater
>action elements
>humor is really obvious
>no moral ambiguity
>barely ambiguous endings that leave positive outcomes as probabilities

>horror is inherently better than action
>negative outcomes are inherently better than positive ones

also im sorry but there isnt really much moral ambiguity in T1

if you watch T2 for the first time without ever seeing the trailers or knowing anything about it it's unclear who the bad terminator is and who the good one is. and the bad one turns out to be the one dressed as a cop.

every copy digital or physical should be purged from the world

first valid post ITT

reloaded is fine, not as good as the first but it works

Reloaded is a great action film.
youtube.com/watch?v=L8OZpmIWcxg

>tfw you saw every single one of these in theatres hoping it would be better than the last

>implying I said that action is worse than horror

T1 and T2 are different genres but equally good movies.

Escape from LA is trash.

>Spending $225,000,000 on a western
>2013

wew laddy

>he likes Aliens

>T1 and T2 are different genres but equally good movies

>>significantly less greater

i havent seen escape from LA

what's wrong with it

I just can't handle the obnoxious space marines that spout catch phrases and act tough then get slaughtered

Or how they give Ripley a daughter and boyfriend to protect and a greedy Jew to defeat, like they couldn't think of anything better, just go with formula, all in all it's shit characters, shit dialogue and a pathetic excuse for a sequel

Fuck that piece of shit movie

I still can't believe this movie exists.

While i do like it, this kills it for me

The final action sequence in that was genius.

>I just can't handle the obnoxious space marines that spout catch phrases and act tough then get slaughtered
they seem like believable military personnel to me and that fact that so many of them get slaughtered right off the bat effectively makes the aliens threatening and scary

>Or how they give Ripley a daughter and boyfriend to protect and a greedy Jew to defeat, like they couldn't think of anything better, just go with formula, all in all it's shit characters, shit dialogue and a pathetic excuse for a sequel
I think the bond that develops between Ripley is Newt is nice and not too in-your-face. Works fine for me. And Hicks isn't her boyfriend it's just that he develops respect for her throughout the course of the film and they sort of flirt. Again, not too in-your-face. Also, pretty sure Burke isn't Jewish but I get what you're saying. He's the greedy corporate asshole. He's used effectively and ends up being a pretty fun bad guy imo.

>shit characters
could not disagree more

>shit dialogue
Yeah not Cameron's strong suit but it gets the job done

>pathetic excuse for a sequel

you should watch Alien 3 then you might appreciate this one a little more

I meant to say
>significantly less gritty

I guess all my Sup Forums shitposting has left me retarded.

This

I remember watching that and thinking that if I saw it as a kid it could have very well have been my favourite movie. Which I feel is right for a Lone Ranger movie.

Best scene of an awful movie.

>suggesting Alien 3
>not Resurrection

Alien 3 is good(after two great movies) if only because of the atmosphere. Resurrection on the other hand is just shit.

I did exactly the same thing. I never checked RT, Imdb, metacritic, or Sup Forums because I didn't anything affecting my expectations. Such a fucking letdown each time.