GOTHAM THREAD

GOTHAM THREAD

So I just started watching Gotham this morning, only on episode 9, it's pretty schlocky and lame, I enjoy basically all the villains where the actors are hamming it up like all hell, the one stand for me is that I think this is the best version of Alfred (not most faithful or whatever, I don't read comics) I did really like Jeremy Irons but I just think I like this different iteration better.

Does the show get better throughout, or does it get worse but more schlocky? either way I'll keep watching I guess.

I thought the same thing in the beginning. I wanted to like the show, I liked the atmosphere of giving it that 50s era look, and the cops uniform reminded me of how they showed cops look on tv in the 90s with the leather jackets. But it came off a bit campy to me which i wasnt expecting, penguin and riddler were a little too fruity looking. But eventually I got the hang of it, and looked at it like as if it were batman the animated series. Its like a real life cartoon. The campiness starts to work for the show and its just a fun watch. I stopped caring about how all the villains are way older than bruce or how the continuity of some things were messed with, just look at it as a different interpretation of the batman universe. And yes it does get better

Okay cool i stick with it, and as the 1950's look that was what drew me in, seeing clips and whatnot for the new season they seem to be going for a bit of a neo-noir look which is my favourite sub genre but it ends up making the campiness a bit of a negative as the realistic noir world is populated but these ridiculous cartoon villains but I'm keen to stick it out and see how it goes.

yeah same here. I would still like to see a more neo noir look for a batman movie, I know Burton did it, but I would like to see it again, maybe even have it more legitly done in a 50s time period. And then have a sequel of batman beyond look like blade runner kinda atmosphere.

But those are high hopes, but hopefully we'll get something similar in the next reboot of batman after affleck is done

i watch it for the bicondova ass shots

it gets better. they dont do the "lets purposely act bad on purpose because its funny" stuff. they embrace the characters and tastefully exaggerate them more.

Okay because presently up to episode 9 Fish and Penguin are fucking hilariously over the top, Fish looks like in a few episodes could be verging on Jeremy Irons / DnD levels of over the top

I love Bruce and the actor who plays him, David Mazouz

I've only just gotten to a DarkBruce ep where Alfred watches him beat the shit out of the school kid, it was pretty great.

I watch it the same way i watched twin peaks season 2. For every minute im skipping through like 5. Gordons partner is good.

i had no idea the mad hatter actor was the wolf guy from walking dead

This is honestly the most entertaining show on TV right now. It is deeply, deeply flawed in a way that is almost broken, but thanks to how cheesy it is I can forgive a lot of the flaws.

I'm 3 episodes into season 2. Jerome is a 10/10 character. Please tell me he comes back, I can't believe he is dead he was so much fun.

I'm glad her role is getting bigger too

ehhh I thought he was a bit annoying, just the actor in general kinda ruined it for me, I like him on shameless but on here idk what it was but he just came off as obnoxious except for his last episode which was his only redeeming shining moment.

Also yeah I like seeing the actor who plays gordons partner in this. Hes fun to watch.

OK I'm on ep 10 now,the last 2 eps Alfred has watched Bruce beat up a child and implied he'll let him kill him next time and beat the shit out a woman and taken a bullet like it was nothing this Alfred is based as fuck

Season 2 is a massive improvement

Season 1 is literally a pleb filter

Not that I've even been watching so far, but: No more Natalie, right?

shes like 12 you sick fuck

ivy holding down selina using her big weight and height when?

she hasnt been 12 in forever you dumb nigger shes almost 17

mmmmmm

>If I hated -
Black Sails
most of Luke Cage
Marvel Agents of Shield
DC Legends of Tomorrow
Arrow (everything after season 2)
The Flash
Jessica Jones
Supergirl
Mr Robot

>but liked -
Daredevil
Ash Vs. Evil Dead
Vikings
The Last Kingdom
Defiance (lol)
The Knick
House of Cards

then will I like this?

He's actually not a good actor even by kid standards and the fact that he's in every episode pisses me off. I only started watching it because I thought a prequel focused on Gordon "might" be cool but the fact that they have batman meet every fucking character when he's ten is so stupid and ruins the already poor story they have

yeah nothing ruins Batman like realizing when Bruce does become Batman he's going to be beating up a bunch of old people cause all the villains they've introduced are going to have their AARP cards

Same here.

I'm in love with her ass.

She's 17, dumbfuck.

i need to eat her ass hole right now

Ok cool, I'll stick with it then, I'm now on S01e13 (ep 11 was that a Silence of the Lambs reference with the character with the British accent escaping the prison and being on the run delivering a message via voice over the the main characters?) and I have all of season 1 and 2 already downloaded

Oh and another Hannibal thing was in ep 9 or so I think in the background the music is that Bach song that Hannibal Plays on his harpsichord, the Goldberg Variation or whatever, so I think it was intentional

fish is the worst by far. i fucking wish they'd just kill her off for good

donal logue. yeah, he's a great actor all around. his show "grounded for life" was my favorite

I guess I shouldn't be surprised knowing you guys, but isn't that the kid or whatever who plays cat girl who was like 14 when they started filming season 1?

Get to a point

maybe. this series has a decent amount of action, some nice mysteries for the police detectives to work on, and plenty of humor to balance everything out. its production value is between the flash and daredevil. if you go into the show expecting it to be a cross between the camp of adam west's batman show and the sort of neo-noir of burton's batman movies (though not quite as grim) then you'll have a good time.

she's 17 now and old enough for kisses

Keep going, shit gets evem crazier on season 2 and onwards.

lol

they started filming early 2014 and in may go the full season order, so over the period of filming season 1 (i.e. how old she was she appeared in season 1 and all you fucking pedoposters were spamming her) she was 1 month either side of 14 you fucks.

OP here, I'm on ep 13, a few episodes ago there was a friend of Cat Girl called Ivy that I assumed was Poison Ivy, did the recast her as someone older so we could have her be more Lewd?

so what are you upset because no one paid sexual attention to you when you were a flat chested 14 year old uggo?

I hope Ivy goes there another transformation where she becomes a titty monster

yes. also we both know you did not just start watching

Keep on going. Season 2 is where Gotham really lives up to being a complete madhouse to live in.

if she was 14 they would have been hebephiles. if she was 15 or older they would have been ephebophiles. she was not a prepubescent child so they are not pedophiles. i'm sure it's all the same to you, but there IS a difference.

asuka was 14 when I was 11, asuka was 14 when I was 22, asuka will be 14 when im 65

that aging guy was so contrived and lame

how is he more effective than a gun?

>how is he more effective than a gun?

Considering the Court of Owls were seeking to find they key to conquering death he seems like a decent side effect of the project.

Things i can't stand about the show:

>penguin is a sassy fag. So is riddler.
>Jada Pinkett acts like she knows she's the biggest name on the show so she steals every scene she's in by going full 70s blaxploitation
>Barbara's character totally ruined by edgebait "psycho and proud" angle
>obvious Jerome as future joker (or inspiration). I really wanted joker to evolve from the lone mild-mannered comedian telling jokes at fish's club in the first or 2nd episode.

I think it actually makes me like the show more but jesus, the effects are like Scyfy channel level, the effects in Smallville over a decade ago were better.

No that never really bothered me I mean I'm sure you nice thick man tits but I never have, believe it or not basement dweller guys are supposed to be flat chested

im not following

Yeah I did, just this morning, I finished the latest season of Banshee and Dark Matter and The Expanse so while I'm waiting for Star Trek Voyager to download I started watch the first season of Gotham as I downloaded them a while ago but never got around to it, I'm just past the ep where Rawls from The Wire finds out his GF was working for Fish. why would I pretend I didn't just start watching, I've seen threads on here all the time for this show.

So did they just recast Ivy or is there an age gap between seasons or whatever where cat girl and Bruce age up as well? Has there been nay hint or even Easter egg about Bruce becoming Batman yet, because in all honesty this is my favourite version of Bruce Wayne on screen, I guess because most of the movies he's only Bruce like 20% of the time and except for Michael Keaton, Bruce is generally written pretty blandly (admittedly I hated BvS but that Wayne had far more depth than Bale Bruce)

she got age progressed by some dude with super powers or something like that

damn I wanted them quads.

Ah okay cool, thanks good to hear because I actually quite like kid Bruce not sure if I wanted a time break where he becomes like 22 overnight like the kid in Rome

well that's a new one...

Yeah Fish is hilarious guys but the most over the top by far is Penguin's mother, that accent and all, holy shit she is hamming it up.