I have seen all 600 episodes of The Simpsons

Ask me about my unrelenting faggotry or what you might have missed during the series.

why

I saw the last episode. God was it a soul-less piece of shit. Even for a Halloween special.

what was the best episode of the past 10 years

>BLACKED

do you like most every episode?

i do

>Ask me about my unrelenting faggotry
Gee... where to even begin?

Seriously though, why do you continue watching when the quality has become so poor?

How are you going to fill the empty void that is your life now?

have you ever beat your stick to any simpsons character?

ummmmm

Why?

Because it's like watching a grandparent die of Alzheimers when you're a child. You don't have the authority to stop it, and you still love them, and there's still glimmers of lucidity and even brilliance, but you also want to see the day when they slip away peacefully after so much suffering. The Simpsons has given me so much; I want to be with it until it passes away.

Halloween of Horror.

I tolerate many of them, but some I do really hate. I like several, but I really love if they aired before 2000.

I have other shows and movies to watch.

No, but that one Mandy Moore played was pretty damn attractive.

is there an episode better than the one where part plays hooky and has to protect the quimby guy in court?

Lucidity and Brilliance.

Holy shit do you even have friends.

Been years since i've seen it but I think it was the Mr Burns Alien episode, there's a dude who appears as a cloud at the end of it where he mumbles something and floats away, I never understood who it was. Always thought it was David Duchovny. Who is it, OP?

have you recording ratings and reviews for every ep? Post em up?

You can fuck any of the main 6 Simpsons voice actors, while they do the voice of any one of their characters and react in character to the sex.

Who do you choose and which character will they perform? Serious answer only please.

Did you watch episodes faster than 1x, do a lot of ffwding and shitposting while watching?

What was the best season?

I haven't watched a post season 11 episode where should I start?

Is there any other episodes like the 24 parody or Eternal Sunshine of the Simpsons Mind?

When is the next simpsums?

Yes, many episodes, but that's also a good one.

I have one friend, so no.

I don't recall, haven't watched that one in years.

No, that would take time from watching other stuff.

Nancy Cartwright and Ralph Wiggum.

No, I watch them at normal speed. New episodes get my full attention, old ones get less.

Season six.

Behind the Laughter, the season finale.

There's a Homeland parody which I didn't get because I don't watch Homeland.

Probably soon, since this new season will provide much material to mock.

>Halloween of Horror
Cool. I have also watched all 600 episodes and it's good to know someone agrees with me on this. Such a masterfully executed episode.

How do you feel about show overall having seen it all recently? I don't think the Simpsons necessarily "sucks" now, but the format has changed drastically. The pacing is a lot more relaxed and intent on telling a coherent story in earlier seasons. Many scenes don't even end with a joke. Nowadays the show has a much faster pace and seems to go out of its way to tell a joke, or several jokes, in every scene. The show ends up burying a lot of gags that might've worked under weaker ones that could've been cut.

Thoughts?

Seen all of S1-11/12ish.

Seen maybe 10 random episodes SINCE then. Some were shit, some were okay.

I tell people that I'll wait until I'm either bedridden from illness or retired and bored to catch up on the rest of the show. Convince me wether I should stay the course or not.

Why won't Al Jean step down?

Pretty sure no one wants the job. Who do you think could even take it? Previous showrunners are happy to do guest direction/writing, but no one actually wants to helm the ship.

When Groening first started this show, he made it a point to empower the people working for him so that when the time came for him to leave, they'd be capable of running the show without him. Al Jean hasn't done that, and it doesn't seem like he ever will. As sad as it is, I think the show will likely end when Jean decides to call it quits. He's like a king without an heir.

>Some were shit, some were okay.
If you ask me, everything past the first season could be described with the above quote. I consider myself a "fan" of the show, so I make it a point to keep watching it because Gracie Films makes it a point to keep making them. If you don't think you're a fan, don't watch it. If you do, I think it's worth watching the series in its entirety, because it gives you a deeper understanding of what the show actually is.

Forgive this strained analogy, but it's like the difference between how you feel about your friend, and how you feel about someone you love (i.e. a family member). The former, you don't care to understand their flaws, you're only there as long as they're pleasant company. Your family, otoh, you have to be around through the best and worst. So at some point you learn to accept that they're pieces of shit in some ways, but you still love 'em cuz they're family.

The latter is how I feel about this show.

What's the best episode of the past decade?

>I have seen all 600 episodes of The Simpsons
Big deal, so have I. And recently. Actually finished just before this year's Treehouse of Horror. Fucking hell was it shit.
>Halloween of Horror.
God damn, that was so good. And that's exactly what I fucking wanted from ToH.
There was also a "Heist Movie" episode in season 23, "The Book Job." I didn't get the references but I loved the jokes on writing and literature.

Not sure why I'm trying to take this from you, sorry. What was your favorite post-Golden Era season?

what episode should I put on right NOW

What are some good simsons references that i can drop at parties to look like I know?

Not OP, but Treehouse of Horror V

same

Just say everything in a horrible Marge impression.

The Boy Who Knew Too Much

Homer loves Flanders