Based Jackedman and co. delivering Capekino...

Based Jackedman and co. delivering Capekino. I haven't been this hyped for a superhero movie since like Spider-Man 2 holy fuck this will be great.
youtu.be/BLo-j8U9Nek

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Adamantium
marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America's_Shield
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

STOP SHILLING THAT SHIT
USE THE CATALOG
THERE ARE SEVERAL THREADS
SAGE

S-sorry user :(, didn't mean to upset you.

>unkillable guy continues to be unkillable

eeeeeeeeeeehhh

But he's sad about it

if adamantium is unbreakable then why are his claws so thick? couldn't they have been make much thinner to save weight yet still be unbreakable? Same for his bones. I know in the comic universe characters with adamantium bones gain a substantial bit of weight.

DADDY

How much time has passed between the last X-Men film and this one? I don't buy that Wolverine's been around for over 120 years then suddenly is middle aged in the time it takes Xavier to go from old to ancient.
Also all mutants are gone, really?

What does the unbreakability have to do with the thickness of his claws?
Couple things:
1. it is not literally unbreakable. it is just very resilient.
2. his claws are larger in the movie because they have a defined edge, like knives. in the comics, especially originally, they were very thin because there were no bones underneath.
3. the thickness probably is related to the size of the bones they are covering.

picture related. the claws are thin.
the added adamantium in his body makes him 105 pounds heavier.

I think it's just a crappy old man logan adaptation, that was something like 50 years after the X-Men disbanded. there were still mutants in old man logan tho.

There were still mutants... Old Man Logan was shit. I just don't buy a grey Wolverine given what we've seen him heal from (i.e. a nuclear bomb).

From an engineering standpoint; if you had a material that was unbreakable (or very strong and resilient) why would you use more of it than you had to?

boneclaws has been a thing for 30ish years

>I just don't buy a grey Wolverine given what we've seen him heal from (i.e. a nuclear bomb).

What does one thing have to do with with the other?

I don't know much about the comics, but I read that the more he takes damage and self-heals, the less he ages. It's been a long time since he's taken damage and self-healed, so he's aging.

People don't change, Wolverine. You were an animal then and you're an animal now. I just gave you claws.

MAYBE IT HAS TO BE THAT THICK TO BE PRACTICALLY UNBREAKABLE

THE THICKER IT IS, THE STRONGER IT IS

That would make sense
I'm just going by what I've heard about the lore, that adamantium is jesus tier and you couldn't dent it if you tried

Nobody knows. The Xmen continuity is fucked. It takes place 1 year after DoFP in the year 2024, that's all we know.

That could mean 2 things:

1. It takes place in a hypothetical universe where the mutants failed to stop the Sentinels. Most mutants are dead or in hiding, mutant births have also stopped.

2. It takes place in the same universe as the First Class/Apocalypse universe. This is likely since the post-credits scene of Apocalypse shows the Essex Corporation taking Logan's DNA to create X-23.

The director won't even tell people which timeline it takes place in, leading me to believe no one gives a shit about the continuity and they just wanted to make an Old Man Logan movie.

>I haven't been this hyped
You were probably in nappies when spiderman 2 came out.

The reason he looks like a 30 year old man despite being over 120 years old is due to his healing factor. He not only heals but also regenerates any kind of physical and even mental damage. This includes reversing all signs of advanced aging. The memory blackouts are due to his healing factor deleting memories that cause him harm (which is why he can't remember most of his past as part of Weapon X).

That thing about de-aging when he heals is incorrect. He is always kept in tip top shape due to his healing factor. Whereas we take damage throughout life and age, all the faults are immediately and impeccably repaired in him.

In the Old Man Logan story, he had grey hair and it was most likely just artistic licence to show it was the future. But there's really no reason for him to be grey or really show any signs of aging. If his healing factor had limits, I'd be okay with it. But he survived a nuke in the movies (in the comics, he survived being entirely reduced to only a skeleton by being at ground zero when a nuke went off) so there are clearly very tenuous limits, if any, to his power.
I'll be satisfied in accepting that he's grey because he was in the Old Man Logan story, but it doesn't make sense story-wise.

Not quite true. Adamantium is just 'very hard' so it's virtually unbreakable.
In the comics, the hardest metal in the universe is the material that makes up Captain America's shield.
Adamantium was created in an attempt to duplicate that material. They failed - they made something slightly less good, but still amazing all things considered.

So Cap's shield > Adamantium.
Cap's shield is breakable so Adamantium is as well.

What's wrong with making a pretty much isolated movie? It worked for Deadpool. Not everything has to be HEY GUYS REMEMBER QUICKSILVER? HOW ABOUT CYCLOPS? LOL!
Jej, I was 7 actually, I'm 19 now

>NOT MUH

Holy shit. I swear capebabbies give a run for weeb's money when it comes to autism. Movie looks dope

That thumbnail tho.
Are they going R-rated?

>that image
You just know they'll include that scene in Infinity War.

Hopefully they include the build up to it, too.

Did you watch the red band trailer? Fuck, even the sole fact that there is a red band trailer should tell you what rating it's going to be.

and part 2

vibranium and admantium are virtually impervious by all "normal" (for comic books), i dont think showing thanos with infinity gauntlet on breaking caps shield contradicts that.

that is a special case. not even an fully enraged hulk can destroy adamantium or vibranium.

what series of comics have all of this story in them?

Yes. VIRTUALLY being the keyword.
They are not completely indestructible. It is possible to destroy them - granted it takes a lot. But it is possible.

Your comment about the fully enraged Hulk isn't quite true, either - since there are no limits to the Hulk's strength, he is logically capable of theoretically becoming strong enough to destroy it.
Of course that'll never happen in a story, but given the way the Hulk's power is defined, it could happen.
Thor using the Odin Force was able to dent the shield. Molecule Man took it apart effortlessly. Magneto can manipulate adamantium and such like it was water.
The metals are really good. Not indestructible.

It's a story called The Infinity Gauntlet. It's quite old now - it came out in 1991. It's a good read. I think it's a miniseries of 6 issues. There's also a part that comes before it called "The Thanos Quest" released in 1990 that is a precursor to this story.

look at this fucking virgin

I'm actually not a virgin. I've had a girlfriend for 6 years and she's actually quite hot. I'm just also intelligent.

Leave him alone, he's saying some interesting stuff about comics I didn't know about.

Look at this guy so desperate for attention on an anonymous image board.

It looks like dogshit.

Please hold me.

PS4 graphics for Last of Us 2 sure is impressive

>I'm just also intelligent.

>comic books and capeshit

It's just the power of the PS4 Pro™ baby, Sony™ always wins.

Because they didn't consult an engineer. They just dumped adamantium into his body until he couldn't take anymore.

They weren't even sure he'd survive, let alone wind up able to walk. It was a gamble, and it was done at a point in time where they were just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. They had plenty of mutants to work with.

It's stand-alone.

What are you talking about. What timeline is it in

They don't give a fuck about either of the cinematic timelines.

Why are you all so fucking retarded when it comes to this franchise's timeline?
Original timeline
X-Men>X-Men 2>X-Men 3
Then DOFP wiped out that timeline, now it's
First Class>DOFP>Apocalypse
And that's it, this movie might explain what happened after Apocalypse

isnt it following the timeline from the recent movie where mr sinister gets some of logans DNA? from the comics x23 was a clone of his damaged DNA.

Looks like generic capeshit with generic bad guys.

That doesn't make sense

First off we don't know if it's the wolverine that traveled to the new timeline, or the wolverine originally from the new timeline.

Why?

The revealed cast confirmed there are already other mutants.

Mutant birth rates are down, so the ones that were around are either dying off from age or were killed by the evil company. The whole world looks fucked, everywhere they go in the trailer looks run down.

So the X-Men were probably killed off and mutants were continuously hunted and now that fewer are being born they're just rarer than they were before.

It's just a set up so they can deprive Logan/Xavier of any kind of support network.

Chances are at the end of the movie X-23 finds a new group of hidden or "resistance" style mutants after both Xavier and Logan bite it. Then they'll set up a whole other trilogy that will be complete dogshit.

Are you fucking kidding me? I read these comics in the early nineties after school at my uncle's house when I was a kid. Surely reading age appropriate material of the time is understandable, and still looking back on them fondly is sinless.

vibranium is not the toughest metal in marvel you mcu dick sucking redditor nu-male

the story behind cap's shield was that it was proto-adamantiun/vibranium and some plot-magic impurity that made his shield as tough as it is

>implying he hasn't been delivering said kino since Van Helsing (2004)

Looks pretty dark for a Disney movie. Why can't the X-Men just get a cartoon or die off? Beating a very dead horse here...

Mfw everyone complaining about the time line forgot about this guy. Fox's best shot at cleaning up the time line at this point.

F=MA bruh. If he's strong enough to keep swinging fast with the extra weight, he's increased his deadliness as a weapon.

>mcu dick sucking redditor nu-male
Wow

Somehow Quicksilver, Dazzler and Collosus had a baby.

>1. it is not literally unbreakable. it is just very resilient.

Once it hardens, Adamantium is the hardest material in the known universe and cannot be broken by any known "normal" means - the only way it can be damaged it by another piece of Adamantium aka same level of hardness or by altering the subatomic structure of the material (which is far from a "normal" means).

Least that's the general idea according to canon.

Cap's shield was a one-time accidental (but successful) mixture of Adamantium and Vibranium and it'll never be duplicated again. Adamantium is still the hardest known material in the universe - the Vibranium doesn't strengthen it or make it any harder, it just allows the compound mixture of the two to share attributes.

Someone holding a shield of pure Adamantium hit by a mortar shell would be blown off their feet and probably have their arms and hands shattered from the explosive impact - the Vibranium mixed in with Cap's shield allows the shield itself to absorb almost all the kinetic energy.

Vibranium itself has a given limitation to how much kinetic energy it can absorb and once it exceeds that threshold it literally comes apart at the subatomic level - that one-time chance mixture of Adamantium strengthens that and keeps the shield together.

LEARN CANON YOU MAGGOTS.

Unbreakable doesn't mean unbendable, they're thicker to make them more rigid.

That's Cable dipshit

>Capekino
wolverine doesn't have a cape he's clawkino

I fucking know that. I'm clearly making fun of the artist.

I haven't watched any X-men related movies since X3. Are any of them any good?

Days of Future Past is good.

>My face when realizing that's not make up on Patrick Stewart, but he's actually 76 years old

I don't want to lose him.

from the scars and aging it looks like he's had a nerf in this movie

Better?

Cap's shield isn't pure vibranium, though.
Cap's shield is an alloy made of vibranium, steel, and an 'unknown catalyst'.
It's the toughest thing in the MU.
It's not made of Adamantium because Adamantium was made in a failed attempt to duplicate the material that makes up his shield.
The thing that's special about Cap's shield is that it has all the energy absorption properties of vibranium but it is also 'completely' impervious to damage. There have been numerous times in the comics where vibranium has been destroyed - for example, Black Panther's costume regularly gets torn, and an entire foundation made of vibranium was blown up with regular bombs by an oil company.

So just tl;dr:
Cap's shield = vibranium + steel + unknown catalyst
NOT just vibranium alone. Vibranium is not the toughest MU metal.

That picture you have contains a typo. It mistakenly says the shield is made of adamantium-vibranium but that is wrong. It is made of vibranium and steel.
Adamantium can be destroyed and it is weaker than the material in Captain America's shield because it was a failed attempt to duplicate the material.

Everything else you said is speculation and made up.
Infact, the Marvel wiki clears everything up:

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Adamantium

marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_America's_Shield

Note: Cap's shield = vibranium + steel + 'unknown catalyst'
and it is called 'proto-adamantium'. It is the most resilient metal in the Marvel Universe.

The fact about Adamantium being unable to be manipulated after it hardens is incorrect though, as Magneto was able to manipulate it magnetically and tear it from wolverine's bones after it had hardened.

That looks like a shaved silverback