Fellow film/media content makers

Fellow film/media content makers.

What kind of camera stabilizers do you have equipped or what kind do you suggest getting. I might get something like pic related but not that exact one, I used it before and i wasnt a big fan of it, so im just wondering what you guys would suggest.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AFUNTA-Handheld-Camera-Stabilizer-Perfect/dp/B00QV71HOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477100190&sr=8-2&keywords=camera stabilizer
youtube.com/watch?v=bUj8qZeOaQY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just hold my iPhone really really still.

i hope you film vertically. those always look the best.

forgot to mention I use a 70d canon, its good but I kinda regret not saving up more and getting the Nikon D610

I had one of these for my little handheld shit camera. It's better than nothing, but it's honestly still not great. I imagine it would be okay with a decent DSLR or something with a little weight to it, but if you're using a consumer grade HD handycam like you pick up at Best Buy, you might want to opt for something else.

I'd suggest you ask
they have a video general or a gear thread for these kinda things

It should work fine with a 70D. Not great, mind you, but as long as you're not expecting full stabilization you should be good. They're only like $30 bucks IIRC, so why not give it a shot. How are you looking to use it?

with anything really, short films/music vids maybe/any kinda video experimenting really

Why hasn't portrait framed kino taken off yet? I've never seen it even attempted. Someone call Wes Anderson pls.

I wind it works well enough if you're shooting something still. It gives the shot a nice handheld aesthetic without looking too amateurish, but you are shooting movement, say a tracking shot or something, it looks pretty bad.

What kind would you suggest for movement then, cause thats mainly why Ive been looking to get one.

Looking to build up a camera dolly as well but id still like to get a good stabilizer for more movement.

i also used this before, I liked this a bit more but it wasnt perfect. it shook a bit much just by walking with it. Id like to get a much smoother run. Almost as good as like evil dead demon flying through the woods. Without having to strap it to a 2x4

>I kinda regret not saving up more and getting the Nikon D610

nah you don't. you can't change the aperature when shooting and you don't have good vintage lens compatibility. nikon gelds its lower cameras. 750/7200 or higher.

I didnt know that. I just read up on it and I saw one of its qualities was its less grainy when you try to film or photograph at night.

The main thing that made me search for it was I was looking up what kind of cameras they used when shooting Wilfred and thats what came up.

Just rent an Osmo.
Stabilizing is not a problem anymore. Get with current year.

If you have a gay DSLR, rent a Ronin.

Something like this would probably serve you better. You can get these kind of weighted apparatuses from between 30-100 USD. Defintely ask around before you buy it though. I don't have any experience with this particular brand as most of my stuff has been done using pro-grade equipment rented from my old film school.

amazon.com/AFUNTA-Handheld-Camera-Stabilizer-Perfect/dp/B00QV71HOO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1477100190&sr=8-2&keywords=camera stabilizer

I'm not really big on renting, id rather just buy it and just use it whenever. Those would be great to have, I got to use the Osmo once on an Iphone and it was really dope

But yeah id get the Ronin if it wasnt for the prices. If I was gonna spend that much I wouldve gotten this.

youtube.com/watch?v=bUj8qZeOaQY

saw it advertised on fb and it looks amazing, unfortunatly its way outta my price range atm

Thanks, I might check this out, its at a decent price so i might get another stabilizer that goes ontop of the camera as well for lower movement shots.

ok

buy your useless weights and please leave this board

somethin wrong friendo?

yeah, you don't listen.
You actually prefer buying shit that won't do the work instead of getting your shot for cheaper.

I hate your kind.

"my kind?" buying things within my price range without going over in my account or barely having any $ left.

Trust me I'd love to get what you suggested but I cant afford that atm. I just need something atm that I can use now. Im hoping around summer or spring at the earliest where i can get any of those. But with bills and the holidays coming up I gotta go cheap atm unfortunately

how do you stop the actors from trying to get away from you

pictures of their loved ones tied up normally work.

where you gettin m8

Get this.

perfect I already got one. I normally tie it around my feet during my erotic asphyxiation time but Ill deff try this out.

Thanks for being useful and understanding, we need more people like you.

I just use my tripod/monopod and hope for the best.

Also 70D here, I have no clue what kind of lenses I should be using because apparently just sticking with the kit lens is frowned upon.