Godzilla Thread

Shin Gojira Camrip/Torrent fucking when?!

Also, talk about Godzilla/Kaiju films in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8s3UogfAGg0
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYbaPETGSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw extended showings are only downtown where the traffic is buttfuck for 2 hours bad and ensures I will be late unless I go by train

tfw when you live in Japan and can see it anytime but probably will only see it that one time because you don't give a fuck about godzilla or other weeb things

>all this interest in Shin Godzilla
>not one illegal camrip/leak
How does Japan do it?

do you guys really watch camrips? isn't the audio shit?

There's no honor in camrips

Reminder Legendary Zilla would fucking rush and knock down Shin and buttfuck his face with some poundage and a tail smash because Shin goes down like a sack of shit. I mean how fucking strong is that form if some fucking trains knock him down. Legendary is maybe 10 meters shorter, which is nothing. And he's fast and fucking strong.
He one shotted a muto with a tail swipe.
Shin's breath isn't even that strong. As in it could not pierce Legendary Godzilla. But if he held it on him from afar he could probably hold him back and hurt him.
Either way, I don't believe Shin would survive until after he evolves from the mess Legendary would leave him in.
Shin needs to experience his fighting style to evolve but I'd like to see him evolve while Legendary grabs him by the pussy.

>maybe 10 meters shorter
Lmao he's a fucking lizardlet?

>tfw live in bumfuck nowhere
>actually going to a major city this weekend to watch some college ball with my faams
>they played Shin here when it aired
>don't see shit here with the extended plays
FUCK ID LOVE TO FIGHT TRAFFIC FOR TWO HOURS TO SEE IT FUCK YOUUUUUIU

Shin Goji is experimental
Cloverfield is experimental
Why do people hate Cloverfield so much???

It's also an artistic criticism on 9/11 experience. It also wants to breathe life into a decade old dead genre. Why???

Cloverfield is fine

>Shin Goji is experimental
And had charm, good technical elements and a really interesting monster
>Cloverfield is experimental
And was a fucking shaky mess with awful generic "OH GOD OH NO GOD WOW OH NO" dialogue that never stopped, the monster was also boring and didn't do anything.

He's the second biggest one. And moves a little faster than Shin did angry just normal.
He would fuck his ass so fucking hard.
I don't like the evolution though, but my headcanon is that he evolved his tail because that was his final form and his tail was the last thing that could change.
Otherwise he can just nuke the world, literally, after probably a couple more big evolutions.

i've watched a few in my time
but honestly you're right mostly its the audio that is a deal or no deal for me. Some are good some are bad, really just depends on the uploaders camera.
can't remember what movie I watched but a couple months ago I watched one with really high quality audio

Legendary is built like a fucking bear holy shit. Must be the American diet that made him a big guy.

If the nuke didn't kill him then why did they think that a nuke would kill shinji?

if all the 50 meter godzillas teamed up on Shin or Legendary Godzilla could they win?

>shins breath isn't even that strong
Nigga I hope you're merely jesting.

Maybe.

Shin could go full REEEE and shit lasers everywhere, while Legendary can turn into a spinning top and just smash them with his giant tail or just fucking punch them.

Shin is a ranged fighter while Legendary is a brawler, and they're both probably the best at what they do in comparison to the rest of the Zillas

Nigga you cannot think they can hurt TANKzilla that much if at all. Buildings are not Bearzilla skin.
Tail and mouth could hold him out and annoy him but not take him out.
I doubt he can concentrate his back spikes. That'd be the way.
Either way, look at the beams. They both look the same, Shin's is just more concentrated and doesn't have that "fire" effect. It's DESTRUCTIVE but i dont believe it to be that strong if he just held it on something like tankzilla

Easy.

But Burning godzilla > Final Wars > the ret

If you include comics my vote would go to Hell Godzilla

They may have a chance against Legendary Godzilla because he's a brawler who needs to get up close to fight effectively, maybe if they beam-spam him enough while keeping their distance they'd be able to win.

Shin Godzilla would be able to annihilate them at long range. Perhaps even all at once.

>Shin Godzilla would be able to annihilate them at long range. Perhaps even all at once.

People are overstimating Shin.

The plasma attack has nothing on King G attacks.

No. Cloverfield has two couples' relationship. Most Godzilla movies except 98 don't.

Why are japs so ashamed of having relationship in Godzilla movie? They don't even have enough girls. Cloverfield has two and they are cute and "used" well. One exploded and one got penetrated by a steel rod. You never see girls getting hurt in Godzilla movie.

As if which monster is interesting it's just a matter of opinion. Cloverfield had an ARG game going on

>You never see girls getting hurt in Godzilla movie.
Miki fell down in Biollante, and she got tortured in Space Godzilla.

>people are overestimating shin
This holy shit.

Saw the new movie a few days ago. Did anyone else think the movie really fell apart in the last act? I expected Anno would have had the balls to kill everyone off. Not to mention the scenes with the cranes and the trains were hilariously cheesy. The CG really suffered at the end as well. Also the continuity was broken, didn't Godzilla firebomb the whole surround city? Where did the damage go?

I wonder what those TOW missiles would have done if the Cobra pilots had been able to shoot at the smaller form.

Cloverfield has sex.

Shin Godzilla clearly has one of the most powerful atomic breaths in the canon (Final Wars and Burning Godzilla being the strongest). The attack easily scythed down buildings like a hot knife through butter for miles around. Even before the beam turned purple it was powerful enough to incinerate dozens of city blocks in seconds.

That's right man he failed the last act.

It should have been a hopeless situation if the first two acts count. But no.

As I said many times. MC is Marry Sue. They have to make the old guys look bad by making the situation impossible to solve. But when it comes to MC, it's all solved.

Radiation half life is 20 days.
Tokyo Fire is out the next day
International investment are comfortable with Japan
Puzzle of Godzilla cracked wide open. We have him by the balls

How fucking great would if at the end it they succeeded in freezing him but that everyone died of radiation poisoning because they didn't expect the radiation to get as high as it did? Or that the fallout was so bad that it would have been better if they had nuked him? This movie really needed a tragic ending, instead we got something like when they sedated King Kong.

That was only partly salvaged by the ending creepy visual.

>Radiation half life is 20 days.
Good, considering the destructive power is all concentrated, it should be like him, strong but finishes fast.
>Tokyo Fire is out the next day
It's all concrete you fuck.
>International investment are comfortable with Japan
They have to be, this is a potential world threat.
>Puzzle of Godzilla cracked wide open. We have him by the balls
>Japan in 2016
I'm surprised they didn't clone him in the second week.

>implying you can kill the metaphor of 3.11
You guys are missing the point perfectly

They're all shit. To watch them is only to treat them as a full length trailers . To preview content.

The logical way around this is to offer first run movies via tablets or other devices and kill the theater system
>and social miscreants

That cranes solve everything. And trains full kwk

1998 is still the scariest of all of them.
Just the way it is.

Yeah why didn't they crack the puzzle earlier?

It's because the old guys are too busy being USA lapdogs, destroying rather than to analyzing the samples.

MC then played smart by promising both US and France secret of Godzilla then selflessly share it to the world, for no good reason other than to screw the two

What really should have happened is they would nuke Tokyo anyway and there is no string for MC to play, when Anno had took those cards away from the old guys.

Humanitarianism. You said the world don't care about it
Japan's money: you said its Japan needing the money
Godzilla puzzle: you said MC was equally in the blind.

But then suddenly everyone has a backside for Japanese to operate.

"I am surprised to see that Japan has grown up from this crisis" yeah that's because you first retarded it in the first two acts

Anno let his MC put a surfing board in the 3.11 Tsunami, surf on it, and people cheered.

As I said. If you want hope do hope. If you want hopelessness do it. Don't make it like MC is the only man

I'd penetrate Odette Yustman with my steel rod, if you catch my drift.

>Shin's breath isn't even that strong.
While I agree that Godzilla 2014 would beat shin Godzilla, this statement is bullshit.

How is it possible there isn't a torrent out for this right now?

Considering all th posts I saw of "Godzilla is 2 hours away from me, I don't wanna drive that far :(" it's no wonder there's no US camrip.

fuck Japanese BD when

It's bullshit my dude

man what if every godzilla attacked japan at once wouldn't that be fucking insane

lose the neck gills and give him the mammalian nose of the older designs and Legendary's is the best Godzilla design in history.

The idea that he deep dives like a sperm whale to feed on abyssal radiation but still needs to breath is way cooler than ''dude must live near the earth's core lmao''

Cloverfield is a masterpiece

Why do people hate Son of Godzilla? It was actually very enjoyable

>Great likable main character
>Great practical effects (The spider looked brilliant)
>Godzilla training his son was fun
And it reminded me a lot of Skull Island from King Kong

That's where I am for tomorrow, feels bad I'll miss the last showing in my state. Thankfully I've seen it twice, but the BD can't come soon enough.

Why did it need a tragic ending? The looming threat of Godzilla was present in the ending, that's honestly all you need for it to be bleak. Let Anno have his one happy film.

Legendary goji has neck gills too. They're just harder to spot

How else can he stay underwater for 60 years? He's actually not a reptile. He's a permanent larval stage amphibian (like a giant axlotl).

Different iterations of Godzilla don't necessarily follow the same rules. For example, Legendary Godzilla is prehistoric while most Godzillas were born in the 20th century. It stands to reason that their vulnerabilities may be different, as well.

With that said, what do you guys think about whether or not a nuke would've killed Shin Godzilla? The B-2 bomber appeared to cause Shin significant pain with blood everywhere, prompting him to take his defense more seriously, and a nuke is obviously incomparably more powerful. Furthermore, I don't recall anybody, not even the speculative main characters, giving any doubt that the nuke plan would work. Yes, Shin was born from radioactive material, but I don't think that necessarily means that he could resist a nuke or even be empowered by it. A nuke is a big fuckin' bomb first and foremost.

At the moment, I'm more inclined to believe that a nuke would've killed Shin.

>Shin's breath isn't even that strong

I dunno about rips, but if you get the chance to see it in theaters it's pretty dope.

I was going in expecting to the movie to be depressingly apocalyptic like End of Evangelion and was pleasantly surprised that it was actually somewhat hopeful rather than wallowing in nihilism.

The thing about Shin Godzilla is that if even the tiniest fragment of its body managed to survive the bombing, it would be able to regenerate into one or more new Godzillas (presumably adapted to withstand the force of an atomic bomb). So, yes, a nuclear bomb would have probably killed him, but if the annihilation wasn't totally complete the problem would likely become even worse.

problem would be they would have to airburst because if it got too close he would destroy it before detonation, if it burst too far away part of him could survive, and considering he'd adapt to that i wouldn't give humanity much of a chance.
on that note what if they had never attacked him, he never would have become defensive, would have been interesting to see what happened

I always forget that a nuke was detonated right in Legendary's face

Fucking loved it when I saw it last wednesday, no more showings close by though sadly. He should really just keep making more Godzilla films rather than that shitty anime. The bureaucratic look at how a government would handle a disaster, any disaster really, was really well done, and when they finally use the military it was awesome to see those Type-10's and F-2's in action.

My only real issue with the movie was the fucking Jap-American woman, her shitty engrish really took me out of the movie when she is supposed to be American and hopes to become president(lol yeah right). The CGI was adequate overall, and the parts where it kind of fell apart didn't bother me much anyways because I understand it's lower budget and the characters were really the more interesting part.

That was retarded, I don't care about suspension of disbelief, a nuke, no matter what size, going off beside him would at the least melt his fucking eyeballs and turn his insides into goo, if not boil away his skin.

this

>Shin's breath isn't even that strong.
Yeah you're full of shit on that one, buddy-ro. Legendary would win, I agree. He is more of a fighter whereas Shin is just a gross mutation that's still finding it's legs.
Imagine if the Xillians returned and transported ALL the Goji's past and present in to the world for one big rumble. I'd pay to see that.

Literally the only good scene in the movie, was the one where Godzilla is walking around in his first form ,like a retard.

Is there anywhere I can watch this yet? No theaters around me are showing it ;_;

>Camrip

Kill yourself for even considering this.

What if every Godzilla attack at once, but then every Red Ranger showed up to stop them.

What if we just made a giant sized terminator army and had it fight the kaiju

Actually one of the info blurbs they didn't mention was how far they were away when they retreated.

One of my gfs lived in Tachikawa when I lived in Japan. It was about a 90 min ride by train and bus to get to her house, and it's still considered Tokyo. So they were quite safe from the fire and radiation.

youtube.com/watch?v=8s3UogfAGg0

The OST is fucking godly
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI
youtube.com/watch?v=N4EscsCBMkE
youtube.com/watch?v=HGYbaPETGSc

Shin fired the condensed fire (plasma) beam so fast that it didn't even drop.
Plasma still has mass, you know what happens when it would hit shit? It's basically a constant stream of a MOAB hitting you.

>Tfw when I saw the movie on theaters this Tuesday
>Tfw when I'm seeing the movie's final showing in town in four hours and the theater is only five miles from my house

Why aren't the hack frauds at Redlettermedia reviewing this movie? There is a theater near Milwaukee so they have no fucking excuse.

Because they're fucking basic plebs who won't be able to understand the movie and complain that it's too boring + no monster fights.

Their complaints about 2014 makes me think they will like this one.

I still don't understand why there are so many reports of people laughing all throughout the movie.

Godzilla 2014 was best design
Shin godzillas design looks retarded

fuck all you /jp/ faggots

Fatzilla gives me cancer.

This man knows what's up.

No he doesn't.

Who would win in a one on one in Osaka? MechaKingGhidora or Shin Godzilla?

Why does the Millenium era get ignored so much? It seems to be no ones favorite.
The suits look real neat.

Who cares? It's Godzilla, not one of your jerkoff power-ups-in-place-of-actual-narrative animus.

>GMK always gets good mention in the Goji threads. Even though its part of the Millennium series it always felt somewhat separate to me. Probably the best Millennium Goji.

All suits are to be loved. Even "BABYRUTH" Zilla.

because none of it was terribly good except Tokyo SOS and GMK which as this user said is kind of an offshoot.

75% of the movie is a bureaucratic black comedy.

GMK and GFW were best millenium Gojis.

GMK is great for evil Godzilla, and GFW is perfect for bleak and yet goofy Godzilla but he genuinely feels like a waking God in the movie.

G2k gets an honorable mention for being good cheesy fun. Haven't seen Tokyo SOS but I heard it's good.

>Shin's breath isn't even that strong
Here's your (you)

I think they all have good points.

Godzilla Vs Megaguiris is probably the weakest of all the Millennium series though I still like it. Megaguiris looks like a retread of Batra's design and the end fight is underwhelming.

They were such a QT couple.

Why did Godzilla murder them?

Much like us, Goji hates whales and the cucks that love them. The fact that he's himself a fatty only drives the point further.

My problem was that the whole ending act was completely different tonally than the rest of the movie. Most of the movie is grounded in reality, or where reality runs into Godzilla which is insanity. I think that is all handled very well.

But then all of the sudden you get hijinks going on. Smashing the train into the legs, collapsing the buildings (with Tomahawks no less), having cranes and shit just around while Godzilla just lays there taking it. Then more trains, more cranes, it's hilariously cheesy. Not to mention the ridiculous image of everyone on a roof just watching as it goes on.

It felt like a completely different movie and was a real let down.

No, I mean apparently people were laughing when godzilla was killing shit.

Why do we tolerate the Legendary babbies?

>tfw in movie theater rn and it's starting soon

Not sure.
G14 was OK at best

Americans are too dumb to understand it though.

>Legendary +300m
Is that correct?