Western THread

Westworld and red dead has gotten me into a western mood.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xi6_6OQ7K-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE
youtube.com/watch?v=b_mMMI0Kc7I
youtu.be/Pfe1H0B3MNg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Watch Bone Tomahawk. It's great.

What are some comedy westerns on par with Blazing Saddles?

Been playing Red Dead for the first time, only just recently got to the Assault On Fort Mercer.

There literally isn't a single one.

Is the Outlaw Josey Wales worth it? Don't see it discussed much here

I've played through this game so many times and this thread makes me want to play it again.

Red Dead Redemption is the kino of video games.

Whats the name of that Western were a guy basically wants to go innawoods but ends up getting hunted by indians? It's quite well-known but I haven't seen it yet.

check out In a Valley of Violence

>went VOD tonight

What's a good Western that can give you the same feels as Red Dead Redemption?

support your local sheriff is pretty good but haven't watched it in a while

Yes.

It travels across timelines like Appaloosa.

Does it actually have an old western feel? I have been disappointment by most new westerns

For a Few Dollars More
Heaven's Gate
Bad Company

It was meh, it could't decide wether it wanted to be a comedy or not. Or maybe all the jokes just fell flat. Not the best acting either. Talking to his dog for exposition was pretty silly at the level it took it too. also pretty obvious everything. Travolta did better then I thought he would.

classic posse goes off to save the damsel story

>Carry on Cowboy
kino of the highest comedy caliber
youtube.com/watch?v=Xi6_6OQ7K-Y

Are there any other good western shows besides deadwood

But alot more brutal and bleak. It is AMAZING.

Nevermind, I found it. It's called Jeremiah Johnson. Is it any good?

The director wrote a killer book called Brigands of Brattleboro, that will probably never get made, but kills anything Tarantino ever imagined

>is jeremiah johnson any good

how old are you?

Once Upon a Time in the West.

>westworld
>western mood
I bet you think Cowboy and Alien is western too

I don't admit anything scifi as western

25 man, I just haven't watched it before and wanted an opinion.

Don't let the mexico chapter ruin it for you.

Also Support your local gunfighter

Slow West. It's like a quasi-acid western with AY LMAO from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Fassbinder. It's actually quite good.

Someone mention Bone Tomahawk, and I just wanna give that one another vote. It's traditional western until the last bit. Turns into a wtf kind of movie.

Other good ones would Proposition and Appaloosa and Meek's Cutoff.
For more of a modern feel try Three Burials or The Rover. The latter is more post-apocalypse like Last of Us but there are elements of a modern day western in it.

If you want old school classics try Rio Bravo, Duck You Sucker and The Searchers. Fuck, any Wayne or Leone film is nearly a perfect western or in Wayne's case, worth a background watch.

I want Sup Forums to leave.

Little Big Man

Fuck off Mexico was great.

Fuck dude watch it. It's so good. I can't even claim to like movies from that era much, but it's really good.

hey champ I never called it a western

I liked it too but some people are put off by it for some reason.

It's a little bit too long and it isn't as well paced as the rest of the game. Also the Mexico story only ties into the main game once they tell you where dutch is so it kinda makes sense why people don't like it.

>I'm your huckleberry

Tombstone spoilers ahead:
youtube.com/watch?v=R8OWNspU_yE

>There literally isn't a single one.
The Frisco Kid's a tier below but still great

>It travels across timelines like Appaloosa.
I will find you and fucking murder you

youtube.com/watch?v=b_mMMI0Kc7I

RIP bud spencer

The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean.
classic stuff mate.

First hour and a half it's creepy comfy awe.
I dont know if I made myself clear

A fistful of dollars
For a few dollars more
The good the bad and the ugly

These are the three best western films ever made.

It was shit

Got to agree.Also having the first kill be the most gruesome was a huge letdown. Shot its wad way too early

3:10 to Yuma
Original or the remake. Both are good.

>good

Watch Deadwood you cocksucker

Incorrect.

Once Upon a Time In The West isn't in that list.

the middle, slow paced part (wandering in the lonely wild desert) is better than any other new westerns.

I just want to say that Drive is basically a modern western

Bud Spencer and Terence Hill westerns of course!

This movie is dogshit why do people recommend it here

Is unforgiven worth watching

Hate Yankees with clint.

Has anyone seen The Revenant 1.0? I just heard about it today and am giving it a download.

Travolta is fucking GOAT and shame on you for doubting him but I mostly agree with you about the movie being mediocre. Still it beat my expectations that I had built after hearing it was a comedy/western with a dog as a main character, it was at least way better than that sounds.

AquĆ­ Llega Condemor is kino

>Appaloosa
it was boring, and Three Burials could have been great with a more traditional editing

youtu.be/Pfe1H0B3MNg
trips demand it

3:10 to Yuma
Duck, You Sucker!
High Noon
High Plains Drifter
Hombre
Little Big Man
Once Upon a Time in the West
Open Range
Pale Rider
Rio Bravo
Silverado
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
The Proposition
The Searchers
The Wild Bunch
Tom Horn
True Grit
Unforgiven

Hateful Eight

No

It's a more of a western than most of these....faggot

Which westerns specifically us the words "bad hombres" together?

Its basically not a western at all, really.

Literally kino

Saw it before The Revenant came out, I found it to be an ok movie. More focused on the story than The Revenant, but less kino visuals. It's quite forgettable but not bad.

>Westworld
commit sudoku

I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for the first time the other day. I really enjoyed it! It had the perfect mix of adventure, comedy, drama, etc.

I'm surprised it isn't mentioned that much when Westerns are brought up.

Just watched For A Few Dollars more yesterday due to Red Dead 2 hype. Man, what a movie. They don't make characters like that anymore.

It's a classic, Newman and Redford are great together.

Tombstone is high-tier comfy

Does Sup Forums like 'The Rifleman'?

It's funny because this and a lot of other Westerns are pretty much the outlaw, or "bad guy" as the protagonist. Now it's usually a cop move going the opposite way, save for a few exceptions. It would be interesting if anyone would do a "buddy cop" Pinkerton story.

It's so fucking boring

The greatest western ever.

>How are you planning to get back down that hill?

bump

Westerns have risen a lot in popularity in the last few years, lots of modern movies coming out. I suppose that's why HBO chose it as the main setting for their new show. .

Could not take it seriously. Maybe I Just didn't get it. Overall it was just bad.

>baby's first western movies

Underrated post

the unforgiven kinda i guess

You should just take your baby tastes back to Sup Forums quite frankly. Make sure you come back and give us a riveting Bane or Blacked thread though.

replace fistful with unforgiven imo

Reminder that Spaghetti westerns are the only good ones.

Anyone watch Ti West's new movie yet?

>Cicero Grimes, meet John Russell.

I don't trust Ti West with a western, but I'll give it a shot. Have you seen it?

Not yet. I noticed yesterday it had leaked.

I like that he gave the dog credit though. Poster is kind of cool. I like Ethan Hawke, but don;t care much for Travolta.

I don't watch shit that never got an ending.

Thoughts on Shane, the prototype for Refn's Drive?

I was named after the Alan Ladd's character so the movie holds a special place for me.

I just watched the trailer and it actually seems ok. I'll give it a watch. I think Hawke can pull off the western character, I still have my doubts about Travolta though.

Few Dollars > Good, Bad, Ugly > Fistful.

I love it, but I think most 20 somethings would hate it because its not a guy shooting 1 million people

Is "The Salvation" any good?

It's one of the best westerns out there

yes, its great

The only westkino I've watched are High Plains Drifter and Pale Rider. Where do I go next? I loved High Plains Drifter throughout and the back-end Pale Rider with Stockburn and his deputies was amazing.

Watching Josey Wales after the Dollars trilogy was a pretty weird experience, seeing Eastwood showing actual emotion at the opening was fucking neat.