If someone was to end their life by laying/jumping in front of a train...

If someone was to end their life by laying/jumping in front of a train, how exactly would one go about it in order to minimize the risk of failure?

One possible scenario involves the person willing to end their live laying on the rails some time before the train arrives. Considering it to be almost completly dark (an hour before sunrise with almost new moon) and the person waiting on the tracks inmidst of a chunk of forest, wearing all black clothes:

Would the conducter be able to spot the person at all and, more importantly, in time?
How cautious can a conductor in a regional train in the early morning be expected to be?
Would laying a black blanket over the person decrease their visibility significantly?
Is the train wistle likely to cause the person to jump away by reflex?
How much would the risk of failure be increased if the train was to pass over the body at a significantly lower speed?
Would it not make a difference because of the sheer mass or is there a chance of the person being dragged in front of the train until standstill and thereby causing non-fatal damage?
Can a train be derailed by a human body?

And, most importantly: Where should someone place themselves on the rails? Neck on one of the rails? Rest of the body laying outward or above the track with legs crossing the other rail?

Another scenario involves the same circumstances but the person hiding somewhere near the tracks and actually jumping in front of the train shortly before passing. Taking all the pros and cons into account:

When should someone jump in order to safely cause fatal damage?
How far should one attempt to jump?
What are "common" errors people make who survive such scenarios?

Above all, the possibility of aborting the mission last second and thereby fucking up (e.g. ending up as a depressed cripple) should be eliminated as best as possible. How would one achieve that? (Drugs? Painkillers? Sleeping pills?) On the whole, which scenario would be more reliable in that regard?

Go listen to some Sandstorm kid.

The proper way is to live stream it. You need to post this shit to Sup Forums son.

You are probably better off jumping as this is what most people do.

No one can safe you from shitting your pants, if you're that insecure go figure yourself.

if you gave me some valueable opinions on my questions I might as well set up a fucking webcam next to the rails.

I'm not insecure at all, I just want to plan it out properly. Why would you say jumping is better? Don't you see the risk of jumping too far or too early?

the success rate of jumping in front of a train is pretty high compared to other common methods, so if youre not gonna freak out (which you will) you should be good

just jump ffs

also send me all your money via paypal

Don't fucking do it. I work as a railroad engineer ( I drive the damn train) and have already had a jumper in my 6 years on the job.
The older guys have had several and it's not fun..
Don't put your suicide on someone else, that's selfish as hell.

I see your point, but suicide is selfish after all. What would be more convenient for you, jumping or laying down?

Fucks sake.. Well lay down. Last thing I need is a full frontal impact.
Just remember that it's people like me that has to deal with your wrecked corpse after..

this

also, just get a gun and make it easy for others to clean your shit up

I do know and I am incredibly sorry, but I am absolutely determined to end it this way.

Alright then, realistically, would you be able to spot me before impact given the circumstances above?

I can't obtain guns where I live, if I could that would certainly be the way to go

Completely depends on where, what angle, speed and night/day.
It's impossible to say. It's a 80/20 chance that I won't have time to stop or even spot you in time.

Why don't you jump out a building or something instead..

are you from Europe? You can always get a gun somehow. Start searching in front of big stations, in shady neighbourhoods etc.

Although this one seems a bit fake (why no blood on the rail?) this is about how plan on positioning myself... seems reasonable doesn't it?

I don't live near a big city with actual high buildings, risk of failure is pretty high when jumping from a medium height, so I'd rather not.

Can you tell me in all honesty, of all the incidents you've heard of, about what percentage were fatal?

Although statistics tell a different story, I assume shooting yourself with a handgun (I surely won't be able to get my hands on anything else) can go pretty wrong. Again, I want to minimize the risk of ending up as a cripple.

Out of my coworkers the accidents have been around 70% in the mortality rate (died on impact), maybe 15% later in hospital.
It's not fail proof.
Dumbest you can do is jump near a station or bend. The slower the train is going the worse your chances are.
But please, seek help instead.
No train driver or conductor wants to exit the train after something like that. A wild animal is enough.

> point at temple
> pull trigger
Done. Use a small caliber so the bullet bounces around your skull for maximum rekt. If that somehow isn't fatal you certainly wouldn't be conscious anymore so you'd still win. Now tell us why you want to an hero.

Op, do what my uncle did. Find a lake, a row boat (he stole one that was on the beach) tie a weight around your feet and jump in.
100% success rate. His blood reports showed that he was extremely drunk as well so probably didn't suffer. Lake was about 20 meters deep.
That way you don't cause suffering for innocent bystanders.

May I ask what went wrong in the 15% of cases that were not fatal? I really do not want to cause even more trouble by being delivered to a hospital or even surviving and being a burden for society

Fuck You OP. My GF died in a train exposion.

Believe it or not, the human body is capable of a lot.
My oldest coworker had a jumper back in 2014.
On the fastest straight he runs, the guy ran in front, got hit and went flying.
Was in a coma for several years if I remember right.

Another time a woman lost her arm after trying to lie down on the rails. The actual body of the train pushed her away a bit so she survived.

Go buy some heroin and inject a syringe-full. Peaceful, guaranteed fatality. Now tell us what led up to this decision. Also livestream when you do it.

sounds painful as fuck, suffocation is a hell of a way to go. I know once you're dead it doesn't matter and so forth, but again, I want to minimze the risk of aborting midway which is a lot more likely if I am uncomfortable with the scenario. Also, drowning in a lake noone would find me for quite some time which would in fact cause a lot of suffering for innocent bystanders.

>the train pushed her away a bit so she survived
This is what I was thinking, modern trains run low to the ground. Fuck I'm a bit chubby and I doubt I would fit under the actual train.

this was not OP

I am pretty thin, but not fitting under the train is bullshit, isn't it?

I see, being pushed away by the train in some form or another is a risk that I also had in mind. Laying down with your neck on the rail like would make that virtually impossible, wouldn't it?

I always hear the heroin one, if it is so peaceful and safe, why is it not a common method at all? There must be some risks of failure? Also I've never taken heroin and can't judge the quality or if it's even the real deal.

I will be happy to tell you my reasons as soon as we have a convincing plan.

sorry to hear that

Hey op my father is a city fire fighter and he had to respond to a scene like this one time. It messed him up a bit. This dumb broad jumped in front of the train and hit the rails and got pushed away. She was all sorts of sliced diced and mangled and she did not die. She ruined the day of everyone in that train and station. That’s shit that sticks with you. Enjoy spreading your misery to others and living in unfathomable pain if it doesn’t go exactly as planned

Maybe trains are different where you live but here they are just a few cm of the ground in the front.
They also have a push guard that acts as a crumple zone.

that sounds kind of viable after all... On the other hand, I would have to test the gun and altough I don't live in a big city it's oretty damn near impossible to find a location abandoned enough to do that without anyone taking notice or hearing it.

Here

Where did this happen? Would be crazy if were talking of the same girl. The one I’m talking about happened in Boston

Sweden here so no not the same.
Sadly it's an international problem.
Been to a few meetings abroad with the company I work for, conductors and engineers all agree the worst thing about the job is jumpers.

I am well aware of your point, this is why I made this thread... you might as well help me minimize the risk of failure

I don't think anyone would know if you committed suicide by heroin vs. accidental overdose. Quality wouldn't matter either, an entire syringe-full would kill you with even low-quality shit.

Same here.

Nigga don't do it. Just live. Whenever you're ready to do it just wait a day longer and see how you feel the next morning. Okay bby? We love you.

crouch on the track with your head facing the oncoming train. any slightest contact with the train will smash your brains out.

This

Also, last time some selfish cunt ‘trespassed on the tracks’ in London, I was late for work. I get angry when I’m late for work.

If you’re gonna do it, do it in a way that isn’t gonna fuck someone up mentally for peeling your innards off the front of a train.

of course they would know because I don't do hard drugs let alone heroin, and even I was to I don't think people would imagine being stupid enough to overdose right away.

Again, I can't really believe that shit can't go wrong...

The date is already set. I appreciate your effort but it won't change anything.

That's the easiest, most painless method. If you're that afraid then go see a shrink because you clearly aren't ready.

I see, that may indeed be a concern. I think our trains are pretty similar, I might go inspect one beforehand. Until now I was leaning towards laying flat on the track, but maybe jumping is more sufficient after all

I have a feeling the majority of heroin users aren’t all that vocal about their use to their loved ones, they would probably think you’ve been doing it some time under the radar.
My cousin killed herself years back by OD. My mom and dad went over when they found her, it was a while before they did and she had stained blood coming out of her nose and mouth. Sounded gross. My aunt is certified crazy now. They always believed it was an unintentional OD. My aunt is a heroin addict and is very mentally unstable. She was never really that well put together but this event tossed her over the edge. You’re going to ruin your whole family OP I’m hoping no one cares about you, it’s a lot easier that way

If my English was as bad as yours, I'd kill myself.

Go someplace where trains regularly pass. When you hear one coming, wait until the last minute and jump out in front of it. Lie across one rail. Might take you a bit to die, but it would be pretty certain.

OP hanging is a better and less painful way

I did not make this thread hoping for people to advocate other methods, hanging does sound pretty painful but that's not even a big concern, I just want it to be safely fatal, in that regard hanging might not be the worst idea

OP could find a place where he's guaranteed to be discovered by a third party. Maybe a public service building after-hours?

Kill yourself faggot

well there you go. You gave me the final reason that pushed me over the edge. But really, do you think you can jump after running from a hiding position and safely land lying on one track?

that's the plan

search for a place where trains go not too fast. take a large rubberband on your feet and a nearby tree. Wait for the engine to pass so the driver wont see you, now be fast an place your head between to wheels on the track. your head will be smashed and the rubber will pull your body back into the bushes or streckenbegleitgrün. Next traindriver on this track wont see your body and you feed some birds and animals with it. Its painfree and you dont harm anyone else.

Train driver here.

1.You should choose a place where there are long and heavy freight trains (fully loaded with freight), that run fast enough, because you'd be surprised at how fast some of the modern passenger trains are actually capable of stopping.
2.Choose a place near a curve to minimise the chances of spotting you from far away, hide behind something, make sure the train is going fast enough, 60-80 km/h.
3. Don't try to quickly lay, or jump in order to minimise the risks of failing in some stupid way, as your consciousness will be full of shit at that time. Simply calmly walk in on the tracks in front of the approaching train at about 50m away from it and stand in the midle facing it, your chest will be destroyed instantly by the coupler and your head smashed to the face of it, there will be a lot of gore and shit being dragged under it, but you surelly won't be there to witness it any more.

Good luck and good night.

I guess you're right about the reception. Right now I am thinking of combining overdosing and then jumping on the rails. How long does it take to kill you after injection? How long until you can't move or think properly anymore?

Do this op. Go out in a glorious fashion. Make your body into headless slingshot ammo and fling yourself into the woods

A couple of minutes and you'd lose consciousness. Why are you hung up on jumping anyway? Are you trying to get attention?

It's just so he can refill his attention meter. But one day he will see the light.

not at all, I just thought combining two methods might reduce the chances of failure, don't you think?

I have no particular interest in going out in style, and in terms of minimizing the risk of failure this might very well be the worst method stated so far.

I have no idea, I’m not a loser and i actually enjoy my life i have never used heroin. Maybe google it

A back up plan is good but if you are that wrung out on heroin you might not make it to the tracks. I think hotlining heroin is pretty instantaneous so you’d have to inject and jump right away, there would be no finesse or lining yourself up on the track.

If you can get your hand on a firearm you could jump on the track and pull the trigger right before the train hits you. Even if you didn’t kill your self with the shot the combination surely will cause enough blood loss. This is turning into more of a work of art than a suicide just fucking go into the woods and hang yourself. Leave a little map where you are but doing write a suicide note that would suck if they got to you swiftly, then they’d make you get help and who the heck really wants help anyways

Thanks a lot, this seems like the way to go.

And what happens if you use too little heroin and just pass out? Combining methods won't guarantee success. Pick one and go full throu(pun intended).

Op sign up for skydiving. You can take a class for a few hours and learn how to solo jump i believe, not positive if they let first time junpers out alone but i think they do.

Put in the time pretend you’re excited about it and just don’t pull the chute. Guaranteed death, and it will look like a tragedy if you put a little effort in.

It’s a lot easier for a family memeber to accept that shit just happens than you actually killing yourself

didn't you just say using too little when going in with a full syringe was impossible? Of course there is no guaranteed success, nothing is guaranteed after all.

A syringe full would kill several men. It IS guaranteed unless you buy too little.

Don’t be a fucking idiot dude, I know how you feel but fuck man, just don’t

Considering that having to anything hasty would be prone to failure, overdose and train does not seem like the go-to combination after all. Same goes for firearm + train. If I had a gun, I would probably rely on it anyway.

Don’t worry about it man op is not going to do it anyways. If he wanted to kill himself he would be out there right now doing it not in this pity party of a thread talking about it

alright, how much do I buy then? What units does it come in?

dont do it op

I was waiting for that comment

If you’re lucky you will get robbed and murdered buying it call the dealer a bitch and see what happens. Could be as simple as that

Also, tell me in which part of the world and approximately when will it take place? So I can keep track of how you managed to make use of my advice.

Just go play your video games kid

>traumatize passers by
>embarass your family
>waste a lot of money
>waste a lot of people's time

Jumping in front of a train is the scummiest way to go. Only pure selfish assholes do that.

Just the truth. Suicide is an impulsive move most of the time. Shit gets bad and you just say fuck it and do it

Op is probably one of those teenager goth emo fags who has a great life but doesn’t think anyone understands him and suicide is the ultimate i told you so action

Op likes the thought of showing everyone they should have listened and tried to understand him, but when he realizes that suicide is the ultimate end he won’t do it as he won’t be able to see all the attention he receives from it

Notice he hasn’t said anything about trying to make it look like an accident, or finding ways to ease the impact on his family and friends. It’s because this whole outcry is probably to get back at them or show them what he is capable of

I am aware of that, perfectly fitting for me then.

This thread made me want to play Train simulator, been a while

Mozambique

Central Europe, I'm afraid I can't tell you the date

Couldn't tell you. It's the method I've considered but haven't got to figuring out the quantity. Just buy as much as you can. It WILL work. Junkies OD on less. If you're going for a full syringe you'll probably be unconscious before you finish injecting.
Also, livestream?

Quit being a stupid emo OP and apologize to your mom.

Well okay, if I do decide to overdose you will get your goddamn livestream

You have to surprise the train. Jump in front of it when it’s not looking.

Who cares? If OP wants to go I say good luck on the other side, as I'll probably join him soon enough. Some of us really are stuck with no way out.

thanks mate, didn't have the nerves to write it out

also, you couldn't be more off

There’s always a way out you’re just being a weak faggot who doesn’t want to try. No one ever said life was easy for the rest of us. If you want to be happy and be able to have an enjoyful life, you have to work for it

I don’t give a shit about OP he either wants to kill himself genuinely or he doesn’t and is a whiny attention seeker, who should kill him self. I just have sympathy for his family, as they will inevitably think it’s somehow their fault that op turned out to be a disappointment

Maybe, just maybe, and it may be stretching things a bit but I doubt it: it works so nobody comes back pissing and moaning about it. Think about it, you ain't reading first person reviews for successful methods, faggot.

Don't kill yourself by train, it's so fucking selfish. Sure it's generally the quickest and most efficient, besides shotgun to the face, but think about all the inconvenience to passengers of that train and others.

>60-80 km/h
that sounds pretty damn slow

> at about 50m away
even at only 80 km/h the train would travel those 50 meters in about two seconds, how are you gonna calmly walk onto the track in that amount of time?

how thoughtful of you to ask

right?

this

> There’s always a way out you’re just being a weak faggot who doesn’t want to try
This attitude, right here, is why nobody wants to get help. What way out do I have? I've had severe depression for almost my entire life, first thought about suicide at 8 years old (the reason being that life itself doesn't feel right, and it still doesn't). I've been unemployed for 4 1/2 years, can't get into college, have no more will to work, some days I can't even get out of bed. My pets are dying, I don't have a great relationship with my family, I don't have friends, never been in a romantic relationship, and a society that judges me for my condition. I want help, but I can't afford it and can't find any for free. I don't need counseling, I need treatment, and that is beyond my grasp.

TL;DR shove your debunked idealism up your ass.

check this out OP
imo this is the most painless way to go if you can't get a gun

just leave a note saying why you did it. but go get help. but yeah buy some bars snort some h and take a warm bath. but yeah im sure your problems can be fixed with some good company and getting the fuck out of your shitty environment

Please don’t. If I’m late to work one more time I’ll lose my job.