So whats up with mindfulness? everytime I go to any medical professional be it a therapist, nurse, doctor, psychiatrist...

so whats up with mindfulness? everytime I go to any medical professional be it a therapist, nurse, doctor, psychiatrist, or any other medical professional they try and sell me mindfulness. It seriously happens atleast 50 percent of the time. Is this a new trending fad or is mindfulness actually worth reading about as a philosophy? thank you

mindfulness is far better than meme CBT.

tell me more

>tell me more
no

ok

Cock and ball torture?

because it's proven effective when practiced diligently.

ITT: OP shills mindfulness

actually shilling mindfulness on this board would work pretty well considering how depressed most of you admit to being.

Confirmed shill. Congrats, idiot.

It's meditation but Westernized enough that people won't scream MUH JESUS or MUH ALLAH when it's brought up.

Totally woth it. Listening to a bunch Alan Watts lectures on YouTube is the best way to get it in an accessible format.

Thats pajeet shit is baloney, try fasting user.

Different strokes for different folks. Mindfulness is simple and generally pretty effective for the amount of required effort. Therapy methods like CBT take longer and aren't guaranteed to help. You can figure out the basics of mindfulness in about 10 minutes.

Literally, what did i just say? Hello? You listening??? Stop shilling, retard.

Poor steeple falling for more made up bullshit to fill their heads. Don't drink koolaid user.

lol
thanks for the response, I actually like alan watts quite a bit so thats some good news
wouldnt fasting also be some pajeet bullshit to you too? also I have tried it and while it does make me feel good after a while I dont have enough energy to do anything besides take care of my basic health needs and read books so its not really an option if I want to live a fulfilling life

I don't satisfy the criteria for being a shill. Shoo.

I can't imagine why you would think somebody is shilling for mindfulness. It isn't a sellable product nor an ideology.

Its a book, is it not?

>look I'm edgy and funny

I wish I was funny

▲

▲ ▲

No. There are probably a bunch of shitty books about it though. It's pretty much just sit down, clear your mind, focus on your breathing and try to keep your mind blank. Do it for a few minutes and it'll relax you and improve your mood. It's helpful to stop obsessing over things that are not immediately relevant.

What if I'm obsessed with breathing? I literally can't stop doing it.

Not with that attitude.

I'm sure if you really apply yourself you'll be able to stop breathing. Don't sell yourself short!

>Is this a new trending fad
it is about 2500 years old.

Thats actually obvious and im hitting myself in the head for not realizing it