Hi b benzos just makes my depression worse

Hi b benzos just makes my depression worse.
Been thinking about long-term switching to opiates which may work for both anxiety and depression so, supposing you could afford it and have easy and regular access to codeine and hidrocodone tablets and fentanyl patches... Would you do it? Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium#Medicine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no drugs did nothing but make everything worse

Are you braindead? You want to throw an opiate addiction at your depression? Youre not depressed, you just want a reason to do drugs.

Lq bait

You should definitely try meth.
Anxiety and depression simply disappear for like 12 hours or even more. But it becomes even worse after that. Same goes with opiates + physical addiction. Stims don't have one at least.

Depending on how much you make it's unlikely you will be able to afford $25 a pill multiple pills a day. You'll switch to heroin quickly which still costs probably more then you make probably a thousand bucks a month to stay high all day. You should definitely go to a doctor and talk to them about it. A stimulant might be up your alley but Adderall is better than meth

>people actually "treat" depression with drugs that make it 100x worse

ISHYGDT

He might end up killing himself that way. This will put an end to his whining here.

Oh yeah, good point. I mean it'd be better if he skipped the whole "I'm going to steal shit to feed my addiction phase" and rather put a bullet in his head but y'know, who needs a car stereo system anyways. Besides, he can just let someone else put a bullet in him when he gets caught stealing. Why not just foot that experience on someone else.

Seriously, heroin addicts and those who have yet to become: 10 feet of rope costs a little over ten bucks. Invest in it.

You're right but it's almost impossible for pussies like up to straight up kill himself by a bullet. We all know he wont do it so heroin/meth is the only way.

Self medicating self diagnosed conditions as justification to get high.
Throw in some imaginary gender thing and you tick all the boxes the of the unique millenial victim, well done.

Is rope really about a dollar per foot? I'd have imagined less but I haven't bought it before.

People who blame the addict are always the same people who get a serious injury or a serious medical condition, become reliant on painkillers to function, and then cry “I...d-d-didn’t think it would be like THAT!”

Do you think the opiate epidemic is due to a synchronized, mass-scale moral failing? Do you think it’s because a huge group of people have suddenly lost self control? It’s not the new generation - most new addicts are baby boomers.

No dumbass, it’s because your body is literally built to think it requires opiates to survive. That’s what an “addictive drug” fucking means.

It doesn’t mean “I like it so much that I everything else doesn’t matter.” It’s more like somebody sewing your Dickhole shut and saying that having to take a piss is a human weakness that you need to overcome. Yes, that is a fair comparison, because the body thinks of it the same way. You’d do fucking anything to take a piss after a few hours.

You can’t say “it’s all in your head,” because it turns out your head is your entire life and controls everything. The pain of having to take a piss is all in your head, also, because that’s what the brain is.

That being said, OP clearly doesn’t have depression. He has a drug use disorder.

>depression
Benzo's dont help depression
You need to get on lithium.
Benzo's are for anxiety bruh
Fuck opiates, thats a long road to go down and even longer to recover from. Dont do it

There’s no good advice to give here. As an addiction professional, OP is demonstrating a well-recognized phase in the drug use cycle where intervention is most critical, but almost always useless.

It’s the point of escalation - OP is convinced that opioids are what he should be using. OP knows damn well that this is a bad idea - the consequences are obvious - but his brain and body have him convinced otherwise. Convincing OP rationally to stop using drugs is useless and laughable - the survival instinct part of the brain (especially when reinforced by the reward center) practically always wins over the rational decision maker.

In real life I would beg OP to get help now but i would know it would be pointless. He’s about to go down a pretty shitty road, which he may not survive.

Ugh. Stay safe OP. Use harm reduction methods, don’t commit crimes, be smart.

No cause Im not a fucking pussy that needs to be coddled in this world. Lemme guess, you're under 25 years old. Hope you overdose faggot.

Lithium is for bipolar disorder nigga.

In extreme cases yes, aka a hypermanic episode high dosages are given to bring the patient down
But it is also used for depression, such as SAD,MDD and yes bipolar depression.

t.MDD on lithium.
I dont even feel depression anymore, like nothing, its changed my life. Its also cheap and available online

Do not, I repeat, do not use lithium without a doctor’s supervision. Especially don’t fucking buy that shit online. This is dangerously stupid and most like completely ineffective advice.

Nice, man. Sounds like I may need that. I'm on Effexor, Wellbutrin, and Abilify and I'm still depressed as fuck.

Why is this?

>Do not, I repeat, do not use lithium without a doctor’s supervision.
You ca nsay this with any medication, but lithium is mineral in the earth.
>Especially don’t fucking buy that shit online
The insurance companies want to charge me $120/month when i can buy it online for $12 for a 3 month supply.
>This is dangerously stupid and most like completely ineffective advice.
It's not, i went from being on 6 different meds to just being on lithium for depression. It should be considered for all extensive depression cases, vs being on caustic SSRI/SSNI's.

Lithium the drug is not elemental lithium.

Lithium the drug is lithium from the ground mixed with carbonate, most commonly

Yeah, but it's chemically totally different. I'm just nitpicking as far as the conversation is concerned, but it IS a huge difference.

It is not
" The active part of these salts is the lithium ion Li+."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium#Medicine

Oh and also it's lithium carbonate but that doesn't mean they're mixed. It's a chemical compound.

1) True, but I don’t say that about every medication. Hell, lots of Rx drugs are most likely perfectly safe if you’re not an idiot. Lithium, however, is NOT one of them. Occurring naturally does NOT mean it’s safe. Lithium toxicity is common and can cause severe heart problems and kidney failure - and not just in rare cases - this shit is very common.

Drugs have something called a therapeutic index, which is a measure of safety. It’s basially the effective dose vs. the toxic dose. Lithium has a very narrow therapeutic index, which is why doctors are always drawing your blood to monitor your levels (which can change any time), because if the levels get even a teensy bit high, you’re at risk of toxicicty and organ failure. Kidney failure especially is no fucking joke.

2. I say don’t buy them online because they’re usually made in Mexico and other countries that don’t carefully monitor the dose of the drug, which, as a pointed out in #1, can be really bad.

3) Using lithium for depression has been studied a bit, and yes, some cases have been found responsive to Lithium. Lithium is being used in these patients, with careful monitoring. Most cases of depression, however, have been found to either not respond, or are made worse, by lithium. A betting man would say that lithium would not be a good choice for clinical depression - it’s used when other options are exhausted.

However, it’s also worth noting that OP’s main problem is clearly a substance abuse disorder, with associated depression.

This is really chemistry nitpicking.

Elemental lithium would cause fires and burn the shit out of you. It’s super reactive.

Iconic Lithium (Li+) is in the drug. The carbonate is not important.

>not treating depression with weed
seriously 10/10 never been happier in my life bud