>26
>just started listening to Zappa for the first time
>he's amazing

h-have I reached patrician status yet, bros?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ERFUbX648S4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

reached patrician status by 8

No. Zappa isn't even real music, it's parody music.

>Zappa
>patrician

First you have to fuck with mahavishnu orchestra, return to forever, dolphy and stravinsky. Youre getting there though

I agree with Mahavishnu orchestra's best album has weak solos. Like I don't feel anything when i listen to it. I know Jazz playing isn't as punchy, but it just sounds like noodling at parts.

I agree Stravinsky and Dolphy are true Patrician, but delve into Zappa and you'll probably find your way to those. It's a shame Dolphy died, espically since he was most successful in the month leading to his coma on stage in Europe.

>asking a board that sucks Kanye Wests dick if you're a patrician

>Zappa
No
>Mahavishnu
No
>Return to Forever
No
>Dolphy
Yes
>Stravinsky
Yes

>h-have I reached patrician status yet, bros?
Well, show us your charts.

you have achieved middle school redditor who thinks he was born in the wrong generation

LISTEN TO JOE'S GARAGE

I'm not the person you replied to, but the solos in Inner Mounting Flame and Birds of Fire are better than from any Zappa album. Listening to Hot Rats is hard just because of how simple the solos are, because it is rock musicians trying to improvise using only pentatonic and blues scales. The same goes with King Crimson (especially with Red)

>Listening to Hot Rats is hard just because of how simple the solos are
Wouldn't simpler things be easy to listen to?

You are not as intelligent as you think you are.

>You are not as intelligent as you think you are.
Wow, you got me. Sorry I don't want to listen to a six-note scale going up and down for a full album

Actually I'll be completely honest, outside of Hot Rats and the odd song I can't get into his soloing. Like I'll never understand why he solos after Jean-Luc Ponty on Fifty-Fifty. It makes zero sense, Jean's solo is perfect and like good enough to be "the" solo for the song, but he solos and it doesn't work. His solo on Stink Foot works though

But all that aside I know Zappa wasn't a good soloist, except on the off chance it works for the song. But I'll never defend his playing, I'll defend this composition skils but never his improvising.

>10
>listen to henry cow, etron fou leloublan, frank zappa, can, cluster

h-have I reached patrician status yet, bros?

>8

You are guaranteed not to be patricians at this age

I'm on the same page, I really respect him as a composer, but when he delves into the more jazz-influenced sound, it can come off as a bit amateur. But the man was extremely innovative and was always forward thinking and wrote many brilliant compositions

>Has only heard one song of Frank Zappa's before

Yeah, yeah, anything other than classical music and jazz is worthless. We've had enough of you people over the years.

George Duke disagrees with you.

What do you mean by that?

He means that George Duke thinks that Zappa was a brilliant soloist, fucking hell, use your brain.

>jazz fusion
t. pseudointellectual redditor

Here's a source:
youtu.be/ERFUbX648S4

Hey there purist!

Get a load of this butthole!

Watermelon in Easter Hay and Nine Types of Industrial Pollution do nothing for you as well?

>how simple the solos are
You'd probably like Dragonforce

Very Reddit post