Imagine

Jesus Christ this song is pretentious on levels I have never seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ej0NBRwht-w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The 60s ended when this song strangled it.

This plus nixon pulling out of nam killed it off for good

>IMAGINE THERE'S NO COPS
>OR JUDGES, COURTS, OR LAWYERS
>SO I CAN BEAT MY WIFE
>AND SAY SHE TRIPPED IN THE FOYER

pure pottery

M A D M A N

Why do you say that?
What makes it "Pretentious" in your opinion?
I think it's a beautiful song, and one of John Lennon's best. Have you something against world peace and living in harmony with your friends. family, and neighbors?

I truly don't understand why anybody would hate this song.

Those aren't the lyrics.
Why do people insist on picking on John Lennon?
Is it because he's dead, and can't defend himself?
Why is everybody in the world so mean and cruel?
Joh Lennon wrote a beautiful song to give people hope, and all anybody does is to trash him, his good name, and all he's done for the world!

Oh do you know him perosnally?

>implying Yoko didn't deserve to be beaten

This song came out two years after the 60s ended

Please stop discussing music

can't tell if this is bait or not

How is he wrong?

he didn't beat yoko

But he should have.

I'm not even super conservative but this was fucking amazing youtu.be/Ej0NBRwht-w

>1:42

Cringy

Please kys

>he didn't even watch the video you kys

>I don't like it wah wah
Show me were he makes a valid argument

This man is not only a meanie old poopy head, but I'll bet he's a Trump supporter as well.

He probably wishes that everybody in Puerto Rico died in the hurricanes.

Why does everybody have to be mean to one another? Didn't we learn anything from what happened in Las Vegas last Sunday? Isn't there enough pain and misery in the world as it is?

Unless we learn to be kind to each other, we're all going to get nuked by North Korea.

I really like the melody but yeah the lyrics kinda ruin it

You're trying too hard

the meaning behind it was meant to be ironic. he's speaking of the after life, the new heaven. after revelation.

>old
>trump supporter
nice b8

The song takes a large amount of heart space and empathy to understand, resonate with, and cry to.

I wouldn't expect the misogynist pigs on this website to praise "beautiful" music and messages anyways

Bow to the people who thought this words you spew.
Bow to them, you are at thier mercy.
Dont rape you vile soul.

Reminder that John Lennon is a wimp and that Morrissey would totally fuck his shit up if he hadn't died.

awful 'satire'

>liking ben shapiro
holy hell

What an awful thread. What an awful board.

*triggered*

TRIGGERED

pretty sure john hated the song too

>implying
the only reason john would end up with yoko being john fucking lennon is that she actually enjoyed being beat
it would also explain her face and art

I know, right?
Everybody is mean to one another.
And they keep picking on poor old John Lennon because of bad things he did when he was a young man.
We all make mistakes. Why can't people be forgiving?

>[scoffs] "Pretentious piano chords"

Actually if he was alive today, he would disown it, just like he disowned all The Beatles Stuff before they broke up, but he still seemed to have positive feelings about the song before his feat. At least that's what I gathered from the Playboy interview back in 1980.

That's not even the worst part of the video.

I had to end it there, it was too much.

I remember people saying that Ben Shapiro was one of the respectable right wing pundits compared to Milo, etc but this is fucking terrible lol

the guy is REALLY MAD that john's utopian idea isn't really possible? i- i mean, i am pissed too. how dare john dream of nothing to die for

>Commie: property is theft
>Triggered: don't think you understand economics
>Atheist: god is dead
>Triggered: yeah, as if
>Lennon: just imagine....
>Triggered: NO! FUCK YOU, DON'T MAKE ME THINK ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING

>2:28
Matthew 6:34

The Imagine hate actually made me love the song. Also I find pretty funny that in pop piano ballad he put out one of his most ""marxist"" songs

Please kill yourselves, the video is humorous because it's not like Ben to flip shit over something as basic bitch as a song
That's the new testament you tard, he's a jew

>the video is humorous
its really not though, even with the hilarious context

Fag

Sorry I don't find idiots ranting about good things funny.

The song sucks though

The song's obviously not about marxism
Ben wouldn't have went after it if it didn't hold any have any power

Why?

I remember my 10th grade teacher had us listen to the song and write down everything related to communism. If you listen to the lyrics it is made very clear what it's about.

He was left leaning by the way, not that it matters
Ben Shapiro explains why quite well

>a song called imagine
>proceeds to explore a world that can only exist when imagined
not seeing the pretense here

>Ben Shapiro explains why quite well
Not really. He didn't give any valid reasons.

Elaborate

Inanimate things can't be pretentious.

Have you read the Communist Manifesto?
I had to basically read the introduction for class, and it really fits Imagine to a T.

>and it really fits Imagine to a T.
Show us where he mentions redistribution of wealth by The Communist Party

>I had to basically read the introduction for class
You must have gotten an F because I don't think you understand what Communism is.

Explain then, what is it

In political and social sciences, communism (from Latin communis, "common, universal")[1][2] is the philosophical, social, political and economic ideology and movement whose ultimate goal is the establishment of the communist society, which is a socioeconomic order structured upon the common ownership of the means of production and the absence of social classes, money[3][4] and the state.[5][6]

Communism includes a variety of schools of thought, which broadly include Marxism, anarchism (anarchist communism) and the political ideologies grouped around both. All of these share the analysis that the current order of society stems from its economic system, capitalism; that in this system there are two major social classes: the working class—who must work to survive and who make up the majority within society—and the capitalist class—a minority who derives profit from employing the working class, through private ownership of the means of production—and that conflict between these two classes will trigger a revolution. The revolution will in turn establish social ownership of the means of production, which according to this analysis is the primary element in the transformation of society towards communism.

Criticism of communism can be roughly divided into those concerning themselves with the practical aspects of 20th century communist states[7] and those concerning themselves with communist principles and theory.[8]

This is the lowest form of entertainment possibly available. Watching a minecraft let's play would provide me more mental activity than what I just watched.