Rare or Interesting finds

I found this old Japanese cassette tape at an antique store. I don't know what it says on the cover, but it sounds nice. Been looking for someone who can translate the moon

youtu.be/yYwImg9BcME

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Takashi-Toyoda-Zodiac/release/10470966
reddit.com/r/translator/comments/6hjnh5/arabic_english_cassettes_need_cassettes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is the album "Zodiac" by Takashi Toyoda, released in late 1999. You don't need to know Japanese. Just look up the catalogue number, which for this one is "383091 AP"
Here's the exact release on Discogs:
discogs.com/Takashi-Toyoda-Zodiac/release/10470966

>Just look up the catalogue number, which for this one is "383091 AP"

Ah, thx a lot. I've never found a cassette in another language before, so I've never really had to search anything but the title or record label. I wonder why the tape's insert looks so cheap though, i guessed that it was more of a promotional release.

I found a Chinese CD called harmonica heaven in a charity shop months ago. I couldn't find it on the internet. I haven't listened to it yet, but I have high hopes.

Speaking of CD's, I managed to grab this CD some time ago. Really good if you like a mixture of Arabic techno and hip hop and it has production by Bill Laswell.

That's basically what catalogue numbers are for. Regardless of where the release comes from, most of the time, you're going to see them in Western alphanumeric characters

Actually, I was wrong up above. This tape release is from 1985. There were re-releases in 1999, which I got from looking at the main release page. I'm guessing that it was distributed this way to cut costs. The label, King Record, was probably focused on distributing the most copies for the cheapest cost. Their catalog is pretty large, with over 7000 releases over the last 70 years

Post a pic of the spine of the case

I think this was some local band's attempt at grunge, I can't find anything online about it.

I can't right now. When I remember where I put it I'll rip it and throw it up in a sharethread though.

Considering the genre, I'm not too surprised. The label "Bar de Lune" is kind of the same way.

Anything on the sides/back/disc itself?

That reminds me, I have a few recordings by some local ambient and noise groups in my area who physically release their stuff almost exclusively on tape. I'm at school right now, so I can't post them right now.

It could also be a distributor, which would explain the behavior. The actual label would contract with them to manufacture and ship the releases, though I'm not sure if that's what's going on in either case

Apparently Takashi Toyoda hasn't done anything since 1985, so it's also possible that his work fell into some kind of public domain territory.

can you rip it and upload it?

There's pretty much nothing besides the booklet which says they're from Ohio and have 3 other albums.
I might, there are 2 tracks that refuse to play though.

anything Japanese is rare and interesting to you fucking weebs

was it viral marketing?

More like autists who are interested by anything with anime on the cover. Like apes and shiny stuff.

these

i'm interested in hearing some cheese, user.

Can someone fluent in Arabic help me out with this?

reddit.com/r/translator/comments/6hjnh5/arabic_english_cassettes_need_cassettes/

I'd much appreciate it. Just a small handful of my random ethnic cassette finds at thrift stores and specialty markets.

This unironically looks like a great album. Post it if you get the chance.