When will the ''Le Revolver is better than Sgt Peppers'' meme end?

Revolver is ranked at #9 on RYM, while Sgt. Pepper is #23, not even top 10

when sgt pepper stops being the mediocre album with a day in the life at the end and has fucking jams throughout like i'm only sleeping, she said, tommorow only knows and shit

Sgt pepper has A LOT of filler

SGT CHECKERS LONELY HEARTS DUBS BAND

Nobody below the age of thirty actually thinks Sgt. Pepper is the best Beatles album.
Revolver is better, but still way fucking overrated on Sup Forums

Because there are lot of people with no idea about music, anyone with studies will tell you Sgt Pepper is objectively better

Rubber Soul is the indie kid pick
Revolver is the try-hard wanna-be critic pick
Sgt. Pepper's is the "critics are smarter than regular people" pick
Magical Mystery Tour is the contrarian pick
The White Album is the hipster pick
Abbey Road is the normie pick
Let It Be is the dadrock pick

The true best Beatles album is Help!

Sgt. Pepper might honestly be my least favorite late Beatles album. I never understood why critics still gush over it. Because it was the first one to ripoff Zappa's production techniques? I don't get it. I'm not a Boomer either, so maybe that's why. As we all know, they live in a different world.

>Magical Mystery Tour is the contrarian pick

That's my pick! It was always my fave. I'm not trying to be contrarian either, even though I sort of am a contrarian without trying to be. (The White Album is a close second though.)

It's not really an "official" album of theirs, really. It's more just a collection of singles/songs put together by the record label, so it's hard to give that one too much credit.

the whole "it's not really an album" thing is why it's attractive to so many contrarians

Why does either one half to be better.

When people realize Abbey Road is better than both.

Revolver would be great if the entire B-Side was cleaned up, apart from Tommorow Never Knows

My favourite Beatles Album is Let It Be, but I can say that Magical Mystery Tour is probably their best.

You are the one being contrarian with Help.

Or you're just a Bob Dylan fan

Rubber Soul is my fav

Revolver, Sgt Pepper, and MMT are their only good albums. They make good psych rock but fucking suck ass at everything else.

spbp

Day in the life > whole Beatles discography

Beatles For Sale is their best acktually

gayest post on this website

The Beatles NEVER put out a bad record!
Period!
End of discussion!
End of thread!

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Go to bed you scruffy wop!

*their worst

Abbey Road blocks your path

bump

If only people gave Help! more love

Peppers production shits on anything Zappa had done

Also Zappa's smarmy Monty Python humour is peak boomer

good paste

>try hard wanna be critic prick

ill have you know revolver is my favorite because I did acid once, god

>being this pleb

>rankings

Yeah, because they probably had more money to waste on that album than Zappa had for a dozen of his albums.

The Beatles themselves are peak Boomer. Zappa's best humor comes from the instrumentation. Some of his songs without vocals have made me laugh out loud before.

The White Album is the best from an artistic standpoint,

Sgt Peppers has better flow, but Revolver has the best Beatles song which is And Your Bird Can Sing

So does Revolver, but on the whole it is more cohesive. I don't think anyone would miss "For No One" or "Good Day Sunshine" if they were taken out.

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW DUBMARINE

>Beatles ranking
These are the most reddit threads.

For No One is amazing though, its up there among the best on the album.

If by reddit you mean consistently among the best and among the highest quality of discussion on this shitty board then yeah they're reddit.

By spewing spamming the spam threads every 5 minutes then yes I do mean reddit.

Then all of Sup Forums is reddit then?

the funnest beatles album. also the best.