I watched the first two episodes and am considering dropping it

I watched the first two episodes and am considering dropping it.

So far it's shallow and cliched with no subtlety. Like Breaking Bad wannabe aimed at your inner sperglord.

Does it get better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UwDrc2YIRQo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fj74k8lqxY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I quit at four episodes. It didn't get any better. Oh well.

no it's pretty bad

I had to stop at episode 3, didn't like the pace or the actor.

its a awful and boring melodrama. literally r/eddit the show. it panders to normies and wanna nerds who think using kali makes them a hacker.

Start watching it due for the acclaim, stay for the Rami

>mfw i knew it was all in his head after the first episode

I'd suggest you to keep watching, it's funny how people are actually convinced it's about 'muh edgy hackers bringing down society'. I guess you can gauge the subtlety of this show by counting how many heads the point of it has gone over. Thankfully, people who were watching it for that reason were filtered out by S2.
To keep it short, keep going if you're willing to seriously give it a chance.
Otherwise, if you're one of those people who can't read between the lines/don't have the attention span to sit through whole episodes of world building do yourself a favour and drop it now.
>but 'muh cringe'
Yeah. The main character is a cringy, mentally unstable person. Of course he's gonna say stupid, cringy shit. Even other characters comment on it, from time to time. The writer doesn't want you to believe the crap he says, that's just who the character is.

But it's just...boring

You can watch Fight Club, American Psycho and I suppose the Matrix, for le ebin hacker crap, and you'll save yourself a lot of time instead of spending it on this crap.

no drop it, you won't regret it
second season is even more awful

>favour
uk cuck
opinion D R O P P E D

>for you

>Spelling with correct English

Rami "literally Egyptian" Malek is not that great

>Otherwise, if you're one of those people who can't read between the lines/don't have the attention span to sit through whole episodes of world building do yourself a favour and drop it now.
Uh, my complaint is literally the lack of this.

So far all characters are one dimensional, the plot line is the biggest cliche of them all, E Corp must be evil because people call it Evil and the logo looks like Enron's, duh, but let's not actually talk about why is it bad and what would be better, showing a 3 second clip of Occupy Wall Street must be enough.

It's just bad writing.

unexpected reactions t b h, I used to see threads about it on Sup Forums all the time

>so far
dude, you watched two episodes
>plot is the biggest cliche
yeah, cause you only watched two episodes, and now you probably think the show is about muh revolution and wealth redistribution
it's not
>people call it Evil corp
no they don't, nobody does it. It's just Elliot, like he said, he changes it in his mind
>let's not talk about why is it bad and what would be better
if you keep watching you may understand that the show isn't trying to make you think that e corp is evil incarnate
actually in S2, when it goes down, everything starts going to shit for everyone
in S1 elliot blames them for his father's death, mr. robot and crew want it taken down since they naively believe that's the only way to free people from their debts to society and have them start life anew
but again, that's what they believe
if you go ahead you may find out that it actually all backfires spectacularly.

I didn't read the spoilers but the two episodes were as long as a regular movie, that's plenty of time to introduce SOME substance.

>no they don't, nobody does it.
yes they do, the boss at his company and the girl also did

>yes they do, the boss at his company and the girl also did
No they don't. You see the show through Elliot's eyes, and Elliot automatically changes E-corp to Evil Corp in his mind. He tells you that in the first ten minutes of the show.

As for characterization and substance, give it time. You'll get plenty of that later.
That is, if you keep watching.

>Does it get better?
youtube.com/watch?v=UwDrc2YIRQo
"no"

>Like Breaking Bad wannabe
That's how I felt about it, but it's pretty boring.
Love Elliot, though.

>character is completely out of his head and with a penchant for being a dramatic sperglord
>regrets everything the moment he realizes he actually said that cringy shit aloud
>he then apologizes to the poor lady when he's in a better state of mind

"oh my god, the cringe, what a shitty show"
I wish you people would just stop

>people call it evil corp
Yeah, I can already tell you're going to have some serious problems watching this show

the main character is annoying and triggers my autism
and he's easily the best character in the show
i stopped watching three or so episodes in, don't even remember

Well rule of thumb is - if you don't like first two episodes of the show, you will probably not like rest of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=4fj74k8lqxY

In this one scene, you can choose whether to drop this show or not.

literally what is wrong with that?
i hate edgy faggots who think they're smart for making holes in something without properly thinking through the remaining debris, god is a fucking blessing, i wish i believed in god

Holy shit you people are the definition of functional illiteracy, you see things but you really don't understand what is it you're actually seeing.

>what is context

why is the fabricated belief in god and organized religion inherently bad?
and a true patrician believer in god could explain all his silly questions too
"why did your innocent friend die?"
he now went to heaven, do not weep for the dead
"why do people abuse religion for conquest?"
they don't believe in god, they simply abuse those who do believe and trick or force them into performing terrible actions. this is solved by simply not believing anyone who say they speak for god, but instead just doing as god decrees through what available information you have
"racist, sexist, phobia soup?"
the jews that cause this don't believe in the christian god, so it is only natural that they ruin christians in any way they can, this coupled with very few true christians leads to a shitty man made world without god. it is the work of man exclusively, not god.

I honestly watch it because of how cringey the dialogue is. I don't really like anyone except Tyrell and psychofu.

Not what I meant.
The thing is, you're not meant to take what he's saying as face value.
Elliot has been dealt nothing but bad hands since he was born. Mother was abusive, father throwed him out of a window, died of cancer then showed up as an hallucination/projection of his split personality who at the time the speech had happened was constantly tormenting him.
He was not in his right mind, and as was saying he regretted that shit as soon as he finished speaking and he later apologized to that woman, but you all conveniently forget about that part in favor of shitposting.