STRIKES THE BELL FOR FIVE O CLOCK

STRIKES THE BELL FOR FIVE O CLOCK

I absolutely love Bowie, but that's one of the worst albums ever made by anyone, holy shit.

RUBBER BAND....

WHEN I LIVE MY DREAM I'LL FORGIVE THE THINGS YOU TOLD ME
AND THE EMPTY MAN YOU LEFT BEHIND
IT'S A BROKEN HEART THAT DREAMS
IT'S A BROKEN HEART YOU LEFT ME

There's plenty of much worse albums than this. It's very melodic and humorous

HA HA HA
HEE HEE HEE
I'M A LAUGHING GNOME, AND YOU CAN'T CATCH ME

I'VE GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE

It's garbage.

Whatever trevs

>worst albums ever made by anyone
>Bowie

That should even be in the same sentence. I love the album, but how could you say this is his worst when Never Let Me Down exists.

He looks constipated

10/10 legit classic, I think I listened to this song over 100 times easy.

Your a fucking retard.

Good point, the debut Floyd album is basically the same. The only difference is that's psychedelic and this is theater esque

Never Let Me Down has good songs on it.

if syd barrett made this album it would be a classic 10/10 masterpiece according to Sup Forumsplebs and boring music critics

So does this album, I could see you not liking the style but there are some quality melodies and memorable moments. NLMD has 2 songs that are good tops, Glass Spider (done better live) and Bang Bang. The rest is Trash. Even Bowie says this was his lowest point creatively.

Say what you will, but Silly Boy Blue is fantastic.

I didn't mean to imply that his first album didn't, I love Silly Boy Blue for example.
As for Never Let Me Down, I really enjoy the title track, Shining Star, New York's in Love. '87 and Cry and Bang bang are decent. I get that the production is lame, but it doesn't kill everything.

NO, MR. GD, YOU WON'T TELL

Honestly, I think the Glass Spiders live film had better performances and were more exciting than the album it was promoting. But no offense, but I cringe at 87 and Cry. Thinking of it alone makes me and Zeroes. I'll say I don't mind Day in Day out, but this isn't really that good

I'd rank the albums something like this

>Station to Staition
>Low
>Diamond Dogs
>The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
>Young Americans
>Aladdin Sane
>Lodger
>Hunky Dory
>Blackstar
>The Man who Sold the World
>Scary Monsters
>Baal
>"Heroes"
>Space Oddity
>1. Outside
>Heathen
>The Next Day
>Lets Dance
>David Bowie
>David Live
>Labyrinth
>"Hours..."
>Black Tie, White Noise
>Buddah of Suburbia
>Stage
>Tonight
>Reality
>Never Let Me Down
>Pin Ups

Well, since we're doing that:
Don't take the ordering in each tier too seriously.

10/10
>Low
9/10
>David Bowie69 (Contains my favorite song of all time, Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed)
>Hunky Dory
>The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
>Station to Station
>"Heroes"
>Lodger
>The Man Who Sold the World
>Scary Monsters (And Super Creeps)
8/10
>Diamond Dogs
>Aladdin Sane
>Young Americans
>1.Outside
>Blackstar
7/10
>Heathen
>Earthling
>The Buddha of Suburbia
>The Next Day
6/10
>Never Let Me Down
>Reality
5/10
>Let's Dance
>Black Tie, White Noise
>Pin Ups (Only heard once, though)
4/10
>David Bowie69 (Admittedly haven't heard too many times)

The live albums are all fine, don't feel like ranking them. In general we (and most people) can agree what the truly great albums are. His streak in the 70's is ridiculous. The rest is bonus.

Pin Ups gets weaker upon repeat visits, I heard it and was like, this isn't that bad. But then I heard the originals and then upon multiple listens picked up on parts where the singing isn't that passionate and is kind a phoned in. I think you'll switch that and 67 with more listens to be honest

But this is a pretty solid list outside of NLMD and 67 but the rating is fair I think for the other albums.

Oh, forgot 'Hours...'
I give that a 5/10.

From what I remember, he seemed to be doing very weird vocals and vocal mixing for Pin Ups for whatever reason, especially on See Emily Play, perhaps to have his versions stand out more.
But yeah man, I'll be sure to give 67 some more listens. I'm sure I'll be able to find more to appreciate out of it.
Also, forgot Tonight, my definite least favorite--give that a 3/10 despite kind of liking Blue Jean. He raped too many songs on that.

THIS GIRL IS MADE
OF LIPSTICK

BOWDER AND BAINT

Yeah Tonight has some okay songs, which is why I didn't put it lower, but I like Blue Jean, Tonight (I like that he completely made it his own and even changed the meaning of the song), I Keep Forgetting, Loving the Alien and I don't mind Dancing with The Big Boys

If you accept it as an Anthony Newley record its pretty fine.

What's wrong, 2deep4u?

The Toy versions of vintage tracks are more accessible, otherwise his debut is a grower if you can get by the campy 60's pop sound.